What's new

Featured India Passes Law Making Compulsory Teaching of Hindu Ramayana and Gita in Islamic Madrassas

Societies are always shaped by their demographics. Democratic western society is based on greek philosophy, because the greeks were European and they influenced all the peoples of Europe. In India Hindus demographically, politically and economically predominate. So naturally Indian democratic society has has a Hindu philosophical flavor. Thats why Indian democracy is so stable but its also why Jinnah left. Pakistan democratic society is based in Islamic philosophy. If there are great Muslim philosophical works that could help with the critical thinking of your populace then they should be taught to all students regardless of religion.

Hinduism is a geographical term given to collection of polytheistic theology which most Arab, Persian and Turkmen migrants identified differently to their own belief system.

Much of it can still be attributed to British protectionism and colonial governance needs.

You are going to teach Muslims about war or philosophy of war?

Fine.

Me personally? No..If I was in charge of education system I would have Chinese style re education camp for both hardcore Hindus and Muslims...Religion has outlived its utility...Whereas the West isthinking of terraforming Mars, Indians (along with many other countries) are giving undue importance to religious fairy tales

sure, understanding what they are memorising is great as well. but some of that knowledge is only available in Arabic because those books havent been translated to other languages. Urdu and Farsi, maybe Turkish too, have more of the knowledge translated into those languages than all the other languages (except Arabic). other languages are seriously lacking when it comes to the % of the knowledge that has been translated into those languages. only Arabic is complete. Urdu (not hindi) is pretty good, Farsi isnt far behind.

there are special spiritual perks of memorising the whole Quran by heart. some manage to do it when they are 6 years old. Imam Shafie (one of the greatest Islamic scholars) memorised the Quran by the age of 7. he even memorised entire books of the Sunnah (along with the Isnad, which are chains of narrations). but memorising chapters of the Quran is necessary to perform the daily prayers, even if one doesnt know the full meaning of the chapters. but one can always pick up a translation of the Quran in their language along with commentary on what they are reading. some parts of the Quran needs commentary because its talking about specific moments in history, such as a battle or an ancient civilisation, and if you dont already know it then some verses wont make sense to the untrained mind. i am sure in India they are reading translations of the Quran and its commentary in urdu, hindi and other major languages of india. i am sure even south indians have all this in their languages since many practicing muslim come from that south india region.

muslims need to know how to recite the Quran properly. at least the few chapters they need for the daily prayers, and these chapters are small, a few sentences only. its a must to know how to recite them properly. also Islam has a concept of congregational prayer. its common for a member of family/friends to lead the prayer when its time to pray, and that person has to recite the Quran loudly. so he has to know how to recite it properly otherwise he cant lead the prayer.
Thank you for the detailed explanation. Appreciate it.

I apologize in advance if I offend anyone's religious sensibilities with my reply now. Not my intention at all.

So Allah's name was revealed to Muslims from Prophet Muhammed right? How do you Muhammed was right and was not just imagining a name? Because he showed you some miracle which normal humans cannot possibly do? So based on that you trust Muhammed and say he is right and Allah is the one God.

Similarly, Jesus performed certain miracle and people who witnessed that started believing in his story and call him God (or son of God).

Some miracles were performed by Krishna, Rama etc and the story goes similarly.

Its the same theme repeated across time and geography. How can we be absolutely sure that these events are not connected to each other? That it is not the same supreme being sending down messengers at different time and place.

How can we trust one miracle but scoff at another?

Islam is an Abrahamic religion.

God made a covenant with Abraham. Islam is the resultant fulfillment of promise to Abraham.

Abraham was a semite.

The word Allah was known to people before Prophet of Islam was born in a semitic tribe in Makkah called the Quraysh.

The miracle of the Last Prophet is Quran.

You need to get your basics right before offending anyone.
Me personally? No..If I was in charge of education system I would have Chinese style re education camp for both hardcore Hindus and Muslims...Religion has outlived its utility...Whereas the West isthinking of terraforming Mars, Indians (along with many other countries) are giving undue importance to religious fairy tales
You are telling me that religion is dead while Indian army is systematically being Hindutvacised?

What kolaveri is this

God made a covenant with Abraham. Islam is the resultant fulfillment of promise to Abraham.
Abraham was a semite.
The word Allah was known to people before Prophet of Islam was born in a semitic tribe in Makkah called the Quraysh.

It is similar. How do you trust Abraham and believe he got a convenant from God? He must have showed the humans some miracle then.
How do you know that Quran was only real miracle and other miracles are false.

Just open your mind and think not from a muslim's perspective but from a person having no stake in any religion. You would then see the bigger picture.
We humans are needlessly fighting over religion and debating whose is better.

Up above, there is one and only one for all of us. Does not matter what we call that one.

What kolaveri is this
Kolaveri mean anger. You wanted a word for madness I guess :)

So Allah's name was revealed to Muslims from Prophet Muhammed right?

pagan, idolater Arabs used the name Allah for God long before Prophet Muhammed. there were variations of this also used by christians and jews, who come from the same region. Jews and Arabs are related. Arabs are the descendants of Ishmael (Prophet Abraham's first son) and the Jews are descendants of Isaac (Prophet Abrahams's second son). they didnt share the same mother.

How do you Muhammed was right and was not just imagining a name? Because he showed you some miracle which normal humans cannot possibly do? So based on that you trust Muhammed and say he is right and Allah is the one God.

miracles are a sign of prophethood, but its not enough to be a prophet. Prophet Muhammed was prophecised in the Old and New Testament. there are also many references to him in the Parsi and Hindu scriptures. he had other signs of prophethood that those who met him verified that he was the prophet that was being awaited. the Jews gathered in Medina waiting for a prophet because their scripture (Old Testament) told them the place he will appear. some believed him and became muslim, some didnt believe him because they were expecting the final prophet to be a Jew, and not an Arab. but if the prophecies are read properly then one can see clearly that it talked about the final prophet being an Arab, not a Jews. can refer to Rabbi Mort's lectures for more on this, and he has accepted that this last messenger was indeed Prophet Muhammed.

Similarly, Jesus performed certain miracle and people who witnessed that started believing in his story and call him God (or son of God).

Chrisitans nowadays believe that he claimed divinity (that he was God, and/or the actual son of God). but at one point most Christians didnt believe that. many of them didnt believe he was crucified, let alone raised from the dead on the 3rd day. Jesus was prophecised in the Old Testament, but not mentioned as the final messenger. the final messenger was Prophet Muhammed.

Some miracles were performed by Krishna, Rama etc and the story goes similarly.

i dont know about krishna and all the other hindu gods/avtars. i believe the earliest/purest form of hinduism was islam, and the hindu scripture (the most important ones) say to believe in only one God, no idol worship, etc. that sounds like Islam. then you factor in predictions in hindu scriptures of a messenger to come with such precise information that it can only be one man, Prophet Muhammed. that is why i believe hinduism at one point started off as islam, just like judaism, christianity, zoroastrianism. but just like all those other religions they drifted away from the core message and became diluted. all those religions central message is to believe in only one God, worship only one God, and no idol worship.

Its the same theme repeated across time and geography. How can we be absolutely sure that these events are not connected to each other? That it is not the same supreme being sending down messengers at different time and place.

of course they are connected. the kings of finding the connections were the Jews, until the Muslims came. but Jews are still very important. Muslim scholars mostly debate them (when it comes down to the Abrahamic religions) because the Chrisitan scholars dont know much. for muslims learning the connections between Islam and other non-Abrahamic religions was harder because of language barriers that those non-Islamic scriptures are written in, especially hinduism because its in a very old, pretty dead language. but some scholars like Dr Zakir Naik have been pioneers in the field of Muslims studying hinduism to find the connections between Islam and Hinduism.
It is similar. How do you trust Abraham and believe he got a convenant from God? He must have showed the humans some miracle then.

Abraham got a covenant, he was a prophet. Muslims, Christians and Jews all believe this.

How do you know that Quran was only real miracle and other miracles are false.

no muslim says other miracles are false. Quran is a miraculous book unlike any other scripture because it was perfectly preserved since the time it was revealed by Allah.

We humans are needlessly fighting over religion and debating whose is better.

only a non-muslim thinks this way. those who know enough about Islam think very differently on this matter. God comes before all else.

Last edited:
Good news..
One more step towards the disintegration of artificial indian state.
It's way bigger than the abrogation of article 370 in Kashmir or the farmers protest. This time they directly messed up with the faith of the first largest minority ,the 25 crore Muslims of India. Last time I remember in 1947 when it became the matter of protecting religious rights it didn't end well.

All fascists think by forcing their ideology on others and especially on minorities will somehow make them more empowered. Nothing new and very predictable from Fascist Modi regime. Hitler tried it, Mussolini and others tried it too their versions of forced correction methods. Question is how long it will take before these minorities will take up the arms and India implodes as these poisonous steps always brings down those fascists at the end.

The bottom line for all these fake "secularists" on this thread, especially the ones who pretend to be "opposed to all religions" but actually only oppose Islam (you know who you are - you vote Modi "for his economic reforms")...is that no hindutva filth should ever be permitted to enforce Hindu teaching in a private madrassa, just like the Quran cannot be forcibly taught in private temples or convents. If a privately funded madrassa chooses to teach other scriptures e.g. for comparative studies, no problem, that's their choice with their funding.

Hope that mansplaining makes things crystal clear for you "secularists" in saffron.

pagan, idolater Arabs used the name Allah for God long before Prophet Muhammed. there were variations of this also used by christians and jews, who come from the same region. Jews and Arabs are related. Arabs are the descendants of Ishmael (Prophet Abraham's first son) and the Jews are descendants of Isaac (Prophet Abrahams's second son). they didnt share the same mother.

miracles are a sign of prophethood, but its not enough to be a prophet. Prophet Muhammed was prophecised in the Old and New Testament. there are also many references to him in the Parsi and Hindu scriptures. he had other signs of prophethood that those who met him verified that he was the prophet that was being awaited. the Jews gathered in Medina waiting for a prophet because their scripture (Old Testament) told them the place he will appear. some believed him and became muslim, some didnt believe him because they were expecting the final prophet to be a Jew, and not an Arab. but if the prophecies are read properly then one can see clearly that it talked about the final prophet being an Arab, not a Jews. can refer to Rabbi Mort's lectures for more on this, and he has accepted that this last messenger was indeed Prophet Muhammed.

Chrisitans nowadays believe that he claimed divinity (that he was God, and/or the actual son of God). but at one point most Christians didnt believe that. many of them didnt believe he was crucified, let alone raised from the dead on the 3rd day. Jesus was prophecised in the Old Testament, but not mentioned as the final messenger. the final messenger was Prophet Muhammed.

i dont know about krishna and all the other hindu gods/avtars. i believe the earliest/purest form of hinduism was islam, and the hindu scripture (the most important ones) say to believe in only one God, no idol worship, etc. that sounds like Islam. then you factor in predictions in hindu scriptures of a messenger to come with such precise information that it can only be one man, Prophet Muhammed. that is why i believe hinduism at one point started off as islam, just like judaism, christianity, zoroastrianism. but just like all those other religions they drifted away from the core message and became diluted. all those religions central message is to believe in only one God, worship only one God, and no idol worship.

of course they are connected. the kings of finding the connections were the Jews, until the Muslims came. but Jews are still very important. Muslim scholars mostly debate them (when it comes down to the Abrahamic religions) because the Chrisitan scholars dont know much. for muslims learning the connections between Islam and other non-Abrahamic religions was harder because of language barriers that those non-Islamic scriptures are written in, especially hinduism because its in a very old, pretty dead language. but some scholars like Dr Zakir Naik have been pioneers in the field of Muslims studying hinduism to find the connections between Islam and Hinduism.

Abraham got a covenant, he was a prophet. Muslims, Christians and Jews all believe this.

no muslim says other miracles are false. Quran is a miraculous book unlike any other scripture because it was perfectly preserved since the time it was revealed by Allah.

only a non-muslim thinks this way. those who know enough about Islam think very differently on this matter. God comes before all else.
You had my rapt attention till the very end. Only your last para spoiled the mood a bit.
Anyways a good post.

I never knew about Prophet Muhammed's prophecy in Hindu scriptures. Would love to know more about it.
"God comes before all else".
Masla yehi hai that I am saying God is same for Hindus, Muslims etc, whereas you are saying that you Hindus do not know God at all or whoever you are praying is not God. We can agree to disagree.

Idol worship is not a core Hindu belief. You are correct that idol worship started much later. It was felt that without an actual thing to concentrate on, people's thoughts can easily wander. Hence idols were made so that people can assume those to be the forms of God and concentrate on God using those as props.

Stability of a democracy has nothing to do with religion. Democracy in US, however faulty it may be, has lasted for 250 years. Would you say then that Christian philosophy is great for democracy?

Yes I would. Wouldn't you?

Abraham was a semite.

You are telling me that religion is dead while Indian army is systematically being Hindutvacised?

What kolaveri is this

No I am telling that religion has lost its relevancy and it would be better if India and surrounding countries learnt from China in this regard...

Hinduism is a geographical term given to collection of polytheistic theology which most Arab, Persian and Turkmen migrants identified differently to their own belief system.

Much of it can still be attributed to British protectionism and colonial governance needs.

Think of it anyway you want. But plurality is a central to the Hindu belief system.

Back
Top Bottom