What's new

India-Pakistan Talks - 2010

Talks do not mean that India or Pakistan will lose anything.
I am surprised that many Indians are saying that Pakistan will not get Kashmir from India via talks so talks will not yield results and Pakistan should not push for it.

Talks are needed because this status quo is just a status quo and was not accepted by the stakeholders as part of any final agreement, let us talk and agree on something.
Once there are talks we can have an agreement, only after that we can have closure!

ok and what r we going to talk abt,trade,cultural activities,terrorism
and agree on what?

If Pakistan is such a big champion of Right of self determination, have you applied the same logic in all areas within pakistan where some/most people are asking for the same right???????

before someone jumps in with the UN acceptance of disputed status of Kashmir, pl note that the idea of freedom has nothing to do with concept of disputed land.

Now you are just paranoid and drifting away from topic.This is not about Pakistan now,Don't even bother telling me about Balochistan,Its been debated many many times in this forum.And please by the way,Pakistan is ready to conduct a referendum in Pakistan side of Kashmir,the question is,is India ready?

Well ,We have international borders as LOC, Its been recoganised by UN , No one cares if Pakistan Accepts it or not, Well If pakistan dosent accept LOC as the border, why dosent it send soldiers across Instead of terrorists?

What do you mean no one cares if Pakistan accept it or not?Its not even an international border yet,so quit stating that the LOC has been established as an international border, and furthermore,its not India that decides the international border,so don't act like a referendum is already conducted,and that Kashmir wants to join India

Now you are just paranoid and drifting away from topic.This is not about Pakistan now,Don't even bother telling me about Balochistan,Its been debated many many times in this forum.And please by the way,Pakistan is ready to conduct a referendum in Pakistan side of Kashmir,the question is,is India ready?
why u people start to fume when u hear abt baloch,our responce is simple,u r doing attrocities in ur own country and then blame for the same in kashmir

do you mean no one cares if Pakistan accept it or not?Its not even an international border yet,so quit stating that the LOC has been established as an international border, and furthermore,its not India that decides the international border,so don't act like a referendum is already conducted,and that Kashmir wants to join India

ya he is right,no one cares

Just because a country was ruled half of its entire existence by military, doesn't mean the military suppress the freedom of its people, and made people's life miserable. I rather have a thousand military coups than corrupt leaders like Zardari and Nawaz.

Yeah,and the one highlighted in red,rethink about what you just wrote,if you gave them enough freedom,Why don't you give them freedom to choose whether they would like to join Pakistan, or independent?

I could turn around and ask you the same question - why don't you give the same right to the Baluchis? To either remain with Pakistan or become independent? Or to the Pathans - to join Afghanistan or remain with Pakistan?

The plebiscite claim that Pakistan drones about was made when Pakistan was the world's largest Muslim nation, was a secular nation and was supposed to be a democratic nation. Today it is none of these.

I could turn around and ask you the same question - why don't you give the same right to the Baluchis? To either remain with Pakistan or become independent? Or to the Pathans - to join Afghanistan or remain with Pakistan?

Because Balochistan is alraedy part of Pakistan,its not a disputed state.If you really like to compare this way, I could include the parts of India like Maoist rebels who want an independent state too,why don't you give them independence?
The plebiscite claim that Pakistan drones about was made when Pakistan was the world's largest Muslim nation, was a secular nation and was supposed to be a democratic nation. Today it is none of these.

That is unfair.If thats the case,India have not kept its name of being the largest democracy in the world,when it can't even conduct a fair plebiscite on Kashmir

Last edited:
Because Balochistan is alraedy part of Pakistan,its not a disputed state.If you really like to compare this way, I could include the parts of India like Maoist rebels who want an independent state too,why don't you give them independence?

hey what u want to say,baloch is integral part of pakistan,yes i agree

but what u mean by that kashmir is not integral part of india,just check out the world map my frnd,it is disputed only for u people

but what u mean by that kashmir is not integral part of india,just check out the world map my frnd,it is disputed only for u people

Dude,Balochistan agreed to be part of Pakistan, but Kashmir diid notLook in Pakistan,is there any protests today in Balochistan,or any independent movement today?Then compare to Kashmir. And there has been many peaceful protests.

I don't blame India in not wanting to give land back to Pakistan,cos no country would love to sacrifice their land,and sacrificing their land means could mean that they have lost,and I know its slightly impossible,but maybe through good relations,and talks,then we could settle this in peaceful manner.

ok and what r we going to talk abt,trade,cultural activities,terrorism
and agree on what?

Talks should cover all of the key issues which need to be resolved and aim should be to agree on a joint framework to resolve those issues...was that not obvious?

LOL - The Maoists are not fighting for "independence" but for regime change. Their aim is to take over India and make it a communist nation. Despite all the violence they spew - they almost never take innocent civilian life - their attacks are always geared toward security personnel. Why do think the left wing loonies like Arundhati Roy and her ilk love the Maoists?

Balochistan is as much a part of Pakistan as J&K is of India. Both acceded to new dominions through the Treaty of Accession - and unlike the Maharaja who signed it of his own accord - there is enough proof to suggest that the Khan of Kalat was forced to sign it by Jinnah. If anything, the Baloch have more reasons for independence than the Kashmiris do.

Talks should cover all of the key issues which need to be resolved and aim should be to agree on a joint framework to resolve those issues...was that not obvious?

like usual they talk on unneccesary things for few months then we hear abt a terrorist attack in india and all the talks again go to the recycle bin

months later again some talk,again an attack
this goes on
just waste of time

Balochistan is as much a part of Pakistan as J&K is of India. Both acceded to new dominions through the Treaty of Accession - and unlike the Maharaja who signed it of his own accord - there is enough proof to suggest that the Khan of Kalat was forced to sign it by Jinnah. If anything, the Baloch have more reasons for independence than the Kashmiris do

People of Balochistan agreed to join Pakistan in 1947. People of Kashmir didnt agree to join India.India also annexed some states that agreed to be with Pakistan ,and what happened to that beloved king who signed it?He ran away didn't he.What a nice King he is.

Ok so if its not Maoist,what about Khalistan?

As much as I want to debate topics about Khalistan,and Balochistan,we should stick to Kashmir,as this is the topic whcih is the core issue between India-Pakistan talks,most importantly.

lets try and talk and lets give it try if we can work out things peacefully then may be next time we can have a composite dialogue... lets not make a huge deal out of it and bring everything at the same time. lets kashmir on hold for a moment. lets build up little confidence among us then we can take the issues one by one. all issues together will bring the bitterness only and would result in nothing. lets stop terrorism from the both sides first then make us strong with more cultural and economic ties. then when the people are more cmfortable with each other on both sides lets talk about kashmir. as of now if we use the k word then people on both sides will be on fire

Dude,Balochistan agreed to be part of Pakistan, but Kashmir diid notLook in Pakistan,is there any protests today in Balochistan,or any independent movement today?Then compare to Kashmir. And there has been many peaceful protests.

I don't blame India in not wanting to give land back to Pakistan,cos no country would love to sacrifice their land,and sacrificing their land means could mean that they have lost,and I know its slightly impossible,but maybe through good relations,and talks,then we could settle this in peaceful manner.

comon man what is BLA then doing there,and it is an internatinal known fact that baloch r not supporting pakistani govt because of the underdevelopment,even though baloch has the highest natural resource in pak

and what independent movement r u talking abt kashmir,is this what PTVshow in ur country

the only movement undergoing there is the terrorist movement openly supported by ur govt

comon man what is BLA then doing there,and it is an internatinal known fact that baloch r not supporting pakistani govt because of the underdevelopment,even though baloch has the highest natural resource in pak

and what independent movement r u talking abt kashmir,is this what PTVshow in ur country

the only movement undergoing there is the terrorist movement openly supported by ur govt

How active have the BLA been?Since when.Well just don't talk,show me some evidence,there was a movement going on,just like Kashmir,that they wanted independence.

If you want to make such claims,I can also claim,that India has been supporting TTP terrorists activities in Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom