What's new

India-Pakistan Standoff September 2016 - Member opinions

Stand off will continue for some time (6 months to say the least) at least at diplomatic levels.... and there would be pressure on Govt to show some action at diplomatic level.....

Now how would army respond to this attack?? That would be at local commander level.....Most probably none of us would even know what happened, at least for few years......

Let us hope the "non state actors" aka "assets" doesnt repeat a uri in near future which would be very hard on the govts.....

No. Read again. There is a difference between one's personal opinion and one's understanding of what others say. My comment is not my personal opinion.

But still how can it be a problem if a Pakistani calls an Indian a traitor or vice versa? Should it matter? I hope you have read your own countrymen. (personally I don't like what they write about you, but I do understand what they write about you).

That was a surprisingly sophisticated explanation, and one that I had tried in vain to explain to other Indians. Brilliant. Thank you very much.

As for the rest, yes, it does matter if someone, anyone, calls me a traitor. I despise what the bhakts write about, whether it is about me or anyone else. There is a hard core of sensible and balanced Indian people writing, and it is their opinions, and that of a handful of like-minded Pakistanis (and one or two most admirable Chinese) whose opinions matter to me.

I am quite taken aback by your comments above. I wish I had found the words myself.

Itnay zamanay baad bhi Aap Aik hi sawal dohra rahay ho?

I provided you tons of sources. Please google.

All without foundation. All references to speeches or writings by civilians who know nothing about the subject. ONE TV interview.

That was a surprisingly sophisticated explanation, and one that I had tried in vain to explain to other Indians. Brilliant. Thank you very much.

As for the rest, yes, it does matter if someone, anyone, calls me a traitor. I despise what the bhakts write about, whether it is about me or anyone else. There is a hard core of sensible and balanced Indian people writing, and it is their opinions, and that of a handful of like-minded Pakistanis (and one or two most admirable Chinese) whose opinions matter to me.

I am quite taken aback by your comments above. I wish I had found the words myself.

Joe Sb. First thing that I wish to register is............. I would have asked you to reverse the positive rating had this rating system been a transparent one. But I won't shy away to be selfish and will take this one to knock off one of my 3 negative ratings out of 4 which in my opinion were never justified :D

I am pleased that my post assisted you and made you happy in some way. You would know better about your countrymen but for me there are two broad types ........... one is modi indians and the other is Indians. Sadly Indians are outnumbered on this forum by modi indians and reading the latter is one main reason I never develop any soft corner for India as a whole at all. Not that it matters but I still have my right to like or dislike.

For me you are not a traitor but a difficult Indian who I wouldn't dare to take on, I would always prefer a modi indian, the rest can keep on thinking whatever they think about you but I will always base my opinion on how you react and what you type. And as conveyed in past you being very senior in age, in knowledge, in experience ......... you have my respect, I wouldn't mind you scolding me. Choota mota taunt aur mazak kabi kabi bus app bardasht kar laina baki app ki zaat say mujay koi masla nai hay.:lol:

What is education, I do not understand yet.
If i say that Kashmir is a part of India then i am educated if oppose then illiterate. What a beautiful stander of education.

Please don't call it that. An educational video here will describe it more aptly

@Viper0011. this is what I alluded to yesterday

@nair

LOL, I got it. So in this scenario, the hot girl means Kashmir? :lol:. Only if these intense basta*rds on each side start to look at these issues in this way (not funny, but solvable), over 1.5 billion people of this region would benefit from the peace it would bring. Not to mention trust, trade and business growth!! We should form a group, pdf'ers for peace :enjoy:

Last edited:
In case of a military stand off, the Pakistani Army will have to pull out troops from FATA/ PATA/ Western borders and deploy them along the Radcliffe line. This is the last thing which any Pakistani General wants now as the empty checkposts in the tribal areas will give a lot of breathing space to the TTP, it's affiliates and the Al Qaeda operatives.
In the abscense of the Pakistani troops, they may even retake the areas which were captured earlier by Pakistani army after giving great sacrifices. This may eventually lead to the increase in bomb attacks and militants attacks throughout Pakistan as well.

The same happened after the Mumbai attacks when the Pakistani army pulled troops out of Sawat and Bajaur and deployed them on the Eastern border.

But in my opinion, there is no chance of a stand off because Uncle Sam knows the consequences of Al Qaeda gaining a foothold in FATA and as such, the US must have put some pressure (Behind the scene) on India not to deploy it's forces on the border like it did after the Mumbai attacks...As we know that nothing overt happened after Pathankot attack so I guess that it is safe to assume that nothing (like a stand off, or surgical strikes) is going to happen this time either.
Does Pak have reserves? Can they be called for active duty? In that case the strength issue may be minimized..

Those who talk about probability of sanctions on Pakistan, should study WHY sanctions were placed on Pakistan in the past.

And then should compare those reasons with the basis which the monkeys are ranting and propagating currently.

They're living in a fool's paradise.

Pakistanis, don't waste your time and efforts responding to monkey-rants. They're in heat and pain.

Standoff??Which standoff r u talking about?? Randi Rona of some cheep "Welay" former General and presstitutes from India has become a standoff between Pak and India?? Oh come on don't u listen it before?Try to recall:-)

1) Modi's visits to Pakistan were not to eat the PM's Nehari dinners; it was to push for a Kashmir less progress solution and get the issue back to track to CBMs and so on. But, the establishment was focused on not letting go of Kashmir and the increasing pressure from extremist groups like LeT on Pakistan abandoning Kashmir..

While I don't agree with your general characterisations, the point you make above is something that simply seems to escape too many Pakistanis who think there is some sort of a personal friendship between Nawaz Sharif & Modi and imagining that his visit to Pakistan was to attend NS's birthday celebrations. Like Modi or indeed, any other international leader cares for that stuff.

You seem to see the world through your movies only.

Unfortunately that remains the best possible recourse. I am sure you must have seen my assent to your observation by the due thanks and will hence be able to appreciate the sarcastic analogy as posted by me.

Amply exemplifies the immaturity as we see unfolding, wont you agree?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom