What's new

India & Pakistan Ceasefire Violations

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been some more firing.

Kiyani is trying to undermine the Pak govt. He did it with the ISI reversal earlier.

He wants to return to the old days.

India must show patience for his juvenile behaviour.

We must continue the CBM which Vajpayee and Musharraf who had vision started. Let handicapped people on either side not ruin it!

:rofl: now suddenly the same Kiyani who was being praised by you sometimesback has become a vilan

beacuse the CIA/US backed move to bring ISI under suspicious Rehman Malik's ministry was foiled.

And BTW at LoC its Pakistan that is showing patience towards Indian juvenile behaviour.

Indians are dreaming and trying to cash the situation Pakistan is facing at western border so the Indians thought it would be piece of cake to establish a forward outpost in Pakistani area at LoC.

Jana,

Can we return to coherency to understand what you want?

If what you mean that should India attack, militarily, it is the ideal time. But is it worth it? No.

Peace and CBMs are the main concern, Kiani notwithstanding.

Wars push countries back by decades!

Deficit of brains causes wars!

Jana,

Can we return to coherency to understand what you want?

If what you mean that should India attack, militarily, it is the ideal time. But is it worth it? No.

Peace and CBMs are the main concern, Kiani notwithstanding.

Wars push countries back by decades!

Deficit of brains causes wars!

Well Sir if super power could not afford a conventional war and trying ways for face saving how can India or for that matter any other country afford attacking others.

India also knows this and she is not going to resort to any major attack unless US launchs some major offensive against Pakistan on Western border.

Rest India is all set and doing what she can to cash the situation by resorting to all kinds of tactics to add to the destability in Pakistan.

As far CBMs well Pakistan is the one who had given toooooooo much room to India in this regard and Kiyani is not doing any harm to these CBMs.

I wonder how many of us are aware of the pressures & psyche of a soldier on the LC staring across no man's land, wary of the unmarked minefield around him..living at the end of a tenuous logistic chain.
I never knew IA has started sending the women folk up towards the borders. well thats I must say is a daring move.
such border incidents are the result of any / all of the following :

2. A result of a trigger happy soldier / young officer full of ' josh' & with high testosterone levels and a " I'll show them.." attitude.
Well if thats the case with indian soldiers, then God bless india. I did hear about "motivated" young officers, but this was a new one. Bollywood is playing a great role here i supposed.
1. A cover to infiltration or to send / receive someone.
3. A misunderstanding when patrols bump / clash into each other.
4. A reply to abuses which are invariably traded when posts are within earshot of each other.
5. An attempt to gain psychological ascendancy over the enemy , more so when one of the belligerents are new on their posts.
6. Testing preparedness.
7. A diversionary move.
Lastly,I'll like to have the name of the Field Manual you used for this informative piece of text.

AM,
Any taboo thingy about the Kargil word here?
I just posted something related before reading your post.
regards,

Nothing taboo about the kargil word.

There are in fact several threads on it.

However experience has shown that bringing up Kargil in a discussion almost always ends up turning the thread into a 'Kargil thread', and it is tiresome.

The idea behind this forum is not to merely offer space for jingoistic statements and mud slinging from either side every chance they get, nor to bring in kashmir or Kargil every chance they get.

Most seasoned posters know when to stop, or to use references appropriately to make a point, others will just go off on tangents - I am trying to avoid the latter.

Last edited:
There has been some more firing.

Kiyani is trying to undermine the Pak govt. He did it with the ISI reversal earlier.

He wants to return to the old days.

India must show patience for his juvenile behaviour.

We must continue the CBM which Vajpayee and Musharraf who had vision started. Let handicapped people on either side not ruin it!

On the contrary, given the contradictions in the IA statements, it is apparent that this was initiated by your side.

The need for 'introspection' should not be limited to the Pakistanis alone.

'Patience' and 'restraint' on both sides is required.

Right now it seems an 'ISI witch hunt is going on', perhaps to nullify the democratic governments unwillingness to kowtow to US diktat due to domestic and regional political compulsions. Setting up the evil ISI bogeyman as having hijacked Pakistan is a far easier sell than having to deal with the reasons behind Pakistani 'inaction' I mentioned above.

Last edited:
ya sure it was....any doubts??
and BTW what was "poignant" in the post you referred to..???
enigma,
Stand Down.
He was referring to the odds that a soldier faces in a remote area, standing at the end of a logistic chain, that is poignant. And you ludicruously commented about IA sending women to man the borders. Wordings of a bankrupt intelligence.
Your's was rudeness personified. Period.

enigma,
Stand Down.
He was referring to the odds that a soldier faces in a remote area, standing at the end of a logistic chain, that is poignant. And you ludicruously commented about IA sending women to man the borders. Wordings of a bankrupt intelligence.
Your's was rudeness personified. Period.

Firstly i'll take this as an compliment.

Secondly, am i being taught here..??:argh: Dont tell me how a soldier feel at the front line. And if your soldiers have to wait in the line for the logistic chain to unwind, i feel sorry for them and your army as a whole.

Moreover, rudeness..hmm refer to para one, ibid....:smokin:

I never knew IA has started sending the women folk up towards the borders. well thats I must say is a daring move.

Well if thats the case with indian soldiers, then God bless india. I did hear about "motivated" young officers, but this was a new one. Bollywood is playing a great role here i supposed.

Lastly,I'll like to have the name of the Field Manual you used for this informative piece of text.

I'll answer your " lastly " first.

The answer is experience.

As regards the other two remarks..I don"t think God needs to bless India,in fact God HAS blessed India with the kind of Young Officers it has.Bollywood has nothing to do with this for the Offrs performed the way they do even before Bollywood became as popular as it is now. On the contrary, bollywood has taken a leaf out of the Offr's book to make movies .

As regards your 1st remark.. someday when you grow up you will understand.

Last edited:
I'll answer your " lastly " first.

The answer is experience..
Well thats impressive.

As regards the other two remarks..I don"t think God needs to bless India,in fact God HAS blessed India with the kind of Young Officers it has..
O ya i have seen those blessed ones at the LoC. Duck shooting the stray dogs (this is fact) when they were unable to shoot the "real" enemy.
As regards your 1st remark.. someday when you grow up you will understand.

Ga ga gooo goo, mama.....

Pak calibrating LoC stunts

If Jammu and Kashmir is in ferment over the Amarnath temple land transfer issue, the border there is not exactly calm either. Ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops along the Line of Control (LoC) have been taking place with increasing frequency lately - there have been 21 of them this year. The total number of such incidents in the four years before 2008 - ever since the ceasefire agreement was signed in November 2003 - were fewer.

Why is this happening? It is an instance of 'calibrated mischief' by the Pakistani army brass to 'reassert its power', say military intelligence officials.

"The Pakistani army wants to dispel any impression that its authority has been weakened after the restoration of democracy," said a senior army officer.

With the political establishment led by Prime Minister Gilani equally keen to emphasize its position, there is every likelihood of minor skirmishes along the LoC continuing regularly in future.

But the Pakistani army will be careful not to take its adventurism to such lengths that it boomerangs. The intention is not to start a war with India, and burn its fingers again. Defence minister A.K. Antony asserted last month that the Indian Army was fully prepared to deal with any border violations firmly.

"The firing is not of such intensity as to warrant massive retaliation from our side," observed another officer.

However, there is one ominous implication in these firings. Their frequency has increased in June and July, which is the end of summer and just the time of year when infiltration into Kashmir peaks. Are the violations a message as well from the Pakistani army to the infiltrators, saying in effect: 'don't worry, whatever may happen in Islamabad, we are still behind you'? Are the border violations cover fire to enable militants to slip into India?

An aggressive stance on the LoC helps the Pakistani army cultivate an image of being a champion of the Azad Kashmir cause. And it is certainly betting on this image to score brownie points with jehadi elements and radical Islamic groups back home.
HindustanTimes-Print
© Copyright 2007 Hindustan Times

Pak troops fire at Indian positions in Jammu

New Delhi, Aug 15 (PTI) As India celebrated its Independence Day, Pakistani troops fired mortars and rockets at Indian Army and Border Security Force (BSF) positions at two places in forward areas of Jammu region today, marking yet another ceasefire violation.:disagree:
The two incidents took place within an hour of each other along the international border at R S Pura in Jammu sector and the Line of Control at Mandi in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir, according to Army sources here.

With the two incidents being reported, the number of violations of the November 2003 ceasefire agreement with India by Pakistan Army since January this year has reached 24. PTI

Thanks for the I-Day Gift Pakistan! (Or should I say Pakistan Army?):tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom