What's new

India, Pak to sign US $7 billion gas pipeline deal

What happened to the IP project and if the project is on track, why would Pakistan need to be involved in another project involving Afghanistan and India, both countries historically unfriendly to Pakistan???? We need to keep our focus on IP project because it is sufficient for our needs.

we need both pipelines Sir,
SUI gas will not last forever, we need to settle this issue now to confront future gas crisis.

Iran-Pakistan Gas pipeline,
TAPI
import of LNG from Qatar

we need everything - our energy demands are too high so they can consume all these deals in no time

I dont have too much hope for this project.. Any confirmations from govts other than Afghanistan?

I dont have too much hope for this project.. Any confirmations from govts other than Afghanistan?
lol, please just go and read the project details first

Make sure you read its history, its capacity, geographical advantages etc
also...this pipeline will generate revenue for pakistan. its a win win situation for all

its a win-win for all......very true

Good for both countries as well as Afghanistan and Turkmenistan. Business bond is a great bond.

What a shame for Indians if GoI sign TAP gas pipe line. :hang2:

Last edited:
More beneficial for Pakistan than it is for India..
Its struggling economy needs that 7 billion $_$
:D

Is it just me or are we all wondering how on earth can we rely on gas coming through a war stricken country? I mean no disrespect to Afghanistan, but is it really in a stable condition to let gas through to two further customers?

Importing gas from Turkmenistan?

why cant we just import all the Natural gas from iran which we need..?

Importing gas from Turkmenistan?

why cant we just import all the Natural gas from iran which we need..?

Good question,

This map will tell you the answer of your question

tapi-vs-ipi.gif

If you notice the TAPI is providing a gas to parts of Balochistan & deep inside of Punjab province.

But the I-P is providing gas to other parts of balochistan & deep inside Sindh province and also link it to boundaries of Punjab....

Two different proposals are serving two different purposes..... and are providing gas to different areas of the each respective province....

TAPI gas can be also be connected to NWFP and other parts of the country since its stretched from the middle of the country but I-P is somewhere near Iran borders only...

by area, if you are to provide gas to SINDH then Iran is nearer but if you are to provide gas to deep inside Punjab and/or NWFP - then TAPI has a similar or shorter distance as per the map

just curious...can someone tell me what's the proposed(estimated)completion date of TAPI pipeline?

US dont want us to involve in IPI because of Iran, so thats why they are recommending us TAPI

but we will go for both :D

Kyaa Yaar, I can never understand Politics..

Say it one way, Yes or No.

Here we all fight it out for no good reason.

A pipeline through Pakistan will be a risky adenture. See how NATO supply is being set afire, so how do you believe these very people will let that full leangth of pipe free from all sabotage??

Why India is not joining the Iran Pakistan, India pipe line project. It will cater for the future energy requirements of India. But for that India has to develop good relations with Pakistan and try for resolution of long disputed issues like Kashmir, Siachin etc.

I just hope that it makes the peace efforts come better !

:cheers: :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom