What's new

Russia to propose gas pipeline to India

So finally no Pakistan and its (wishful) pipeline royalties of 700 million a year?

Pakistan doesn't even want a pipeline through afghanistan itself so why the heck we be dreaming about such a pithy amount. Pakistan has already signed a deal with qatar for LNG/LPG import. A terminal for LPG is already being built in karachi and capacity will be doubled by 2016. So no gas for india anyway.

It is going to be a physical challenge to bring a pipeline from China to India through the Himalayas, so a route via China is impractical,” Debasish Mishra, senior director, Deloitte India told the paper. “On the other hand, any pipeline through Central Asia is a challenge because it has to cross Afghanistan and Pakistan. The possibility of LNG imports or swap deals would be more viable for India.”

Deliotte,another western consultancy ?? Nugh said. Many were saying Russia cannot construct nord stream ,south stream which are deep offshore and expensive blah blah. But Russia still did it successfully. Not a wonder Western consultancies are being kicked out of Russia.

iajj:
true. no way is Afghanistan allowing a pipe coming in from Russia and no way is Pakistan allowing a pipe going out to yindu. china is powerful enough to ignore what little benefits a russo-yindoo pipeline accrues to our little yindoo friends. yindoos will have china's power and confidence to thank for if they ever get a Russian pipeline

How about you mind your tone?

Pakistan doesn't even want a pipeline through afghanistan itself so why the heck we be dreaming about such a pithy amount. Pakistan has already signed a deal with qatar for LNG/LPG import. A terminal for LPG is already being built in karachi and capacity will be doubled by 2016. So no gas for india anyway.

A signed deal should have price locked into it right?
And what price was agreed?

whats yindoo? if u mean hindu then lemme tell you there are many religion in india besides hindu, so plz stop refering indians as hindu. approx 20-25% of india are non hindu. its not a country like pak which was created on basis of religion.

how wud u feel if we mock ur culture and call you slit eyed dog eaters?
stop that nonsense, India is Hindu majority Country and we are proud of that.

Read my post again.

I think you are congressi and SP supporter secularist.

NO, i am supporter of indian constitution. which gives equal right to every individual irrespective of there caste,religion or language.
and the idealogy of single religion based state is not of bjp but of pakistan.

NO, i am supporter of indian constitution. which gives equal right to every individual irrespective of there caste,religion or language.
and the idealogy of single religion based state is not of bjp but of pakistan.

Thats what I said... you are bloody secularist. :p::p:

your statement reflects mindset of radical ****.
no wonder your country is going through such dire conditions.

India is a Hindu Majority Country and we are proud of that, OOPs I just repeated that prohibited sentence. Why should we introduce Secular BS into everything including Business.

Russia-India deal is a business deal, that's all. There was no need to harp about the "Religious Diversity".

i guess you didnt followed the thread from start.
hindu is majority in india that is a fact that you saying.

but the point of discussion was its not exclusive to hindus. and ppl from different religion call india there homes you cant say an indian muslim that you are not indian coz u not hindu.

and the topic of discussion was itself offtopic. russia india business dealing of gas pipeline got nothin to do with it . :D

They missed the bus in 1947, Simple. Now let us get back on topic. The religion angle was introduced by somebody else.

can the pipeline be brought in india via ladakh route?
off course after the dispute settlement.
maybe thats the reson china wanna fastrack to resolve its disputes with india.

There is no dispute. Remember before getting any pipeline we have to make sure transgressions are taken care of in a mix of cold and hot stance.

literally, another of indian pipe dream could not resist China Russia partnership going to strategic level. This naive indian media hype get the feeling of left out from new geo political alignment exposed another of crude reality - india is cut off from Central Asia and Russia by Pakistan. In this case cut off by China as well. And to make things worse, any such prohibitively costly "pipeline" has to cross thousands of kilometers of mountains and climb uphill terrain. Does india has money to pay for 100sof billion, just to develop pipeline and infrastructure?

Last edited:
literally, another of indian pipe dream could not resist China Russia partnership going to strategic level. This naive indian media hype get the feeling of left out from new geo political alignment exposed another of crude reality - india is cut off from Central Asia and Russia by Pakistan. In this case by cut off China as well. And make things worse, any such prohibitively costly "pipeline" has to cross thousands of kilometer of mountains and climb uphill terrain. Does india has money to pay for 100 of billion just to develop pipeline and infrastructure?

We are planning to extort the Green pole vaulters to collect those 100 Billion USD.

Back
Top Bottom