What's new

India overtakes Japan to become third- largest economy in ppp terms.

PPP is a junk food index, not even a slice of meaning.

PPP can not buy you social well being, like free items like clean water, medicals, retirement livelihood, infrastructure people can use, etc.

this is how capital investment of infrastructure is counted in GDP, which is otherwise part of your effort to reduce poverty.

PPP is a junk food index, not even a slice of meaning.

PPP can not buy you social well being, like free items like clean water, medicals, retirement livelihood, infrastructure people can use, etc.

this is how capital investment of infrastructure is counted in GDP, which is otherwise part of your effort to reduce poverty.

and how will you invest in development. it is certainly cheaper to build a road here, since labour is cheaper. ppp matters.

GDP (PPP) is an absolutely worthless measurement. no one takes PPP seriously.

india is not even in the top 10 GDP (nominal).

wake me up when india gains independence from washington and has the freedom to conduct an independent foreign policy.
until then, india is a state of the american empire just as it was part of the british empire.

Congratulations to the 2nd largest population in the world.
I think by now india is actually largest population in the world. So many people are actually uncounted in india.

GDP (PPP) is an absolutely worthless measurement. no one takes PPP seriously.

india is not even in the top 10 GDP (nominal).

wake me up when india gains independence from washington and has the freedom to conduct an independent foreign policy.
until then, india is a state of the american empire just as it was part of the british empire.
Have you seen their TV shows (like news?). They choose from the 1+ billion population the people with the fairest skin who look closest to Anglos.

With the coming demographic disaster in China and the rising wages, India within 20-30 years will become the number 1 economy in the world.

I think we should post such silly news everyday just to get the Chinese and Pakistanis worked up and hyperventilate :lol:

this is last years news man, i dont know why ET has posted it now. by the end of 2012 indian economy will be 5.2-5.3 trillion while japan will be still at 4.4 trillion. japan is gone. its india time.

I would still rather be born in Japan than India.

India imports way more than exports, which means they have to use $ to buy oil, machineries, materials and foreign high tech assistance, so the PPP means jack when these are concerned...PPP will only become more significent when you have a very strong currency and India is far from it

Who Cares !:what:
people wants better life care

Wow, India dropped two places in one year?
They haven't even released the official 2011 GDP statistics because they are too ashamed to reveal the truth. Only now they are telling the public that growth was 1.6% not 6.5% as reported previously. And only now they are admitting inflation is much worse than reported.

They haven't even released the official 2011 GDP statistics because they are too ashamed to reveal the truth. Only now they are telling the public that growth was 1.6% not 6.5% as reported previously. And only now they are admitting inflation is much worse than reported.

According to the data from the IMF and the World Bank on this link:

List of countries by GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

India was at 9th place in 2010.

But in 2011 they dropped down two places (down to 11th place), surpassed by both Russia and Canada.

(First column in the link is IMF data for 2011, second column is the World Bank data for 2010).

Waching some Bollywood films make me feel India should be good at economy,that's it.

Back
Top Bottom