What's new

India overtakes Japan to become third- largest economy in ppp terms.

parkland, don't get defensive. Stop perceiving insults to India when there aren't any - you're just humiliating yourself with your wild flailing and specious voodoo economic theories.

Try to understand the difference between nominal and PPP terms. PPP, while reflecting differences in cost of living, is less relevant in global comparison terms because of exchange rates. For example, petroleum imports won't cost any less for India just because its cost of living is cheap by global standard.

You know our Foreign Exchange Reserves are $3.2 trillion right? That's more than double the entire Indian GDP. :P

So what exactly are you laughing at?

ohh really u forgot basic maths i guess( indian economy is 2 trillion). if those foreign reserves decline by even 1 billion ur cpp officials will get shivers. lets see how long this jaggernant goes on. ur country is not raising pay of labourers because they fear that they loose their manufacturing to india and vietnam and indonesia. while 100 million houses and 400 tall office buildings are awaiting their inhabitants. loll what a ponzi economy.

parkland, don't get defensive. Stop perceiving insults to India when there aren't any - you're just humiliating yourself with your wild flailing and specious voodoo economic theories.

Try to understand the difference between nominal and PPP terms. PPP, while reflecting differences in cost of living, is less relevant in global comparison terms because of exchange rates. For example, petroleum imports won't cost any less for India just because its cost of living is cheap by global standard.

kk but tell dragon to stop trolling, when we all know indian economy will be bigger than japan in nominial within nxt 7 yrs.

I don't think he was trolling. He pointed out a limitation of the PPP statistic, using a quotation from the IMF, and you freaked out.

guys this is old news india has been bigger than japan in ppp for more than 9 months now. lets leave this thread alone.

I don't think he was trolling. He pointed out a limitation of the PPP statistic, using a quotation from the IMF, and you freaked out.

kk i am leaving

kk but tell dragon to stop trolling, when we all know indian economy will be bigger than japan in nominial within nxt 7 yrs.

That's just the thing, I don't believe in future predictions.

Even the best economic experts in the world, could not predict the 2008 Credit Crunch even one week before it happened. Or even one day before it happened.

No one can see the future, except you apparently.

That's just the thing, I don't believe in future predictions.

Even the best economic experts in the world, could not predict the 2008 Credit Crunch even one week before it happened. Or even one day before it happened.

No one can see the future, except you apparently.

that is true but look at it this way, but looking at japans situation if anything again goes wrong japan will be hit worse than any of brics. no matter how bad the situation gets west and japan will be hit the worst, as long as china doesnt crash which is predicted by almost every economist. indian overtake of japan is inevitable before 2020.

What can you say about kids those days??

On topic, I don't think even PPP as whole means a lot when you do an international comparison. however PPP per capita reflect more of one country's citizens well being though.

When you have a 1.2 billion pop., you're sure to have a huge economy... I feel sad for India because once whole India is developed, Indian government will put more taxes which means big bucks... India's future will be filled with corrupt leaders.

When you have a 1.2 billion pop., you're sure to have a huge economy... I feel sad for India because once whole India is developed, Indian government will put more taxes which means big bucks... India's future will be filled with corrupt leaders.

:blink: even if ur trying to picture an awfull future for india, try to think more rationally nxt time clown.

Chinese-Dragon should probably have balanced his quotation with a positive statement about India's economy. It's a sensitive topic in what's supposed to be a celebratory thread.

Back
Top Bottom