What's new

India orders, 10,000 Excalibur Artillery guided shells along with 100 M777s and various other Manpad

doubt the validity of this tweet
India is not going to go for THAAD and if it does, decisions won't be made in such short time
In a Even t Amending War anything can happen
I Won't Be surprised If India joins NATO

India ordered the first batch of 50 Su30s in 1997
We placed the follow on order for 140 SU30MKIs in 2002 after the year long Indo Pak Stand off starting Dec 2001

You are talking about technicalities while I am talking about operational readiness.

India ordered Rafales too 3 years ago but we will not be operationally ready until 2025.

More M777s? Situation is bad?

Nope. It's an manipulating news. It's the original order of 145 ordered. 45 has been delivered and 100 is yet to be delivered. Excalibur rounds is also part of the old order. It's just govt has asked it to fast track.
Some people are just bs ing around.

That's what you think. First up, LAC is unclear and both sides intrude frequently. For folks who think china captured finger 4-8...that area has been patrolled by Indian and Chinese troops for quite a while

Yup. From now on only Chinese troop can patrol the region while Indian troops can't. It doesn't matter what the Chinese claim. It's what we claim.

In a Even t Amending War anything can happen
I Won't Be surprised If India joins NATO

If their is an impending war
Then u would have seen far more aggressive emergency procurements than just 100 M777 Guns and Some Javelin ATGMs
A billion USD cheque would probably have been sent to France to transfer 40 odd low mileage Mirage 2000 D, they have in reserves
And
Israel would have been asked to transfer 1-2 Phalcon AWACs

This is not going away for Modi, he may be forced to do a Surgical Strike on Chinese positions.

Hopefully China is fully ready for this. Modi, is short sighted and quite un-predictable.

This is not going away for Modi, he may be forced to do a Surgical Strike on Chinese positions.

Hopefully China is fully ready for this. Modi, is short sighted and quite un-predictable.
It totally depends on what white house instructs. China is preparing only because it knows where the orders are flowing from, India alone wouldn't want a war at this time.
If china was looking for armed conflict, they would have hit positions while they had the surprise and india hadn't mustered the reinforcing troops. They had a achieved total asymmetry in boots on ground for a week or so.

India selected IglaS for their VSHORAD competition, Raytheon had opted to sit that out, so which Manpads are they going for now? And Igla-S order has been cancelled?

Excalibur was testing back in 2019 and order had been placed for it, no surprises there.

Aggressive statements, aggressive posturing = situation is tense
Indian government keeping mum, Indian military keeping mum, not doing shit, Panic buying = situation is very bad

Tense actually

Tense actually

I don't think situation is that tense now.... it must be like IA must have realized during this stand off that if war erupts then they might run out of critical ammo..... in my opinion it's just a preparation for future similar kind of situations.....

BTW can our homemade Kalyani artillery fire guided shells?

US and Russia should give Pakistan and China kickbacks.
103267-rupeee-pix.JPG

From situation is under control to ordering more ammunition. This picture doesn't look right.
There is nothing wrong at all in strengthening our positions to ensure that the situation remains under control for the foreseeable future.

Back
Top Bottom