What's new

India offers Pakistan 5,000MW electricity

Free Transit, Back off from IP. Not a good deal for Pakistan.:disagree:

Probably a slip of an extra '0'.

Interdependence is a great motivator to establish better relations between neighbors. Ever heard of the Democratic Peace Theory? Democracies are less likely to attack each other, go to war, because:
More trade, because of less restrictions
More cultural exchanges
More Economic Wealth = More Political Stability
And various other variables

Even though there is no direct causality between "Democracies" and less wars between them, why not give it a shot?

Although the Nuclear "Deterrent" should be quiet enough.

Free Transit, Back off from IP. Not a good deal for Pakistan.:disagree:

IP is lost cause unless and until there is not stability in region and Iran is not back into main stream international society ...
We backed up from IP on many other reasons but we communicated them clearly.. where you guys are shouting to build IP from last 2 years and still not 1 KM of pipeline is in place

Very smart move, MMS is intelligent and wise enough to realise a stable and prosperous Pakistan is in everyone's interests. And in 5-7 years India will be blackout free and have plenty of surplus energy.

MMS rises above and strikes again!!

Woah....Woah...woah.

Some of your Indian friends said that there is no loadshedding in India and they a willing to export?

Divided opinion?

Not everyone needs to know the situation in all states....that is what we are here for.

..It is easy to export from Gujarat or Punjab to Sindh or Lahore than South India.
It is few 100 KM across border but few 1000 for South India from Punjab not practical due to line loss (general physics ) .

It (Power Grid) does not work that way...If power is to transmitted from Gujrat to Tamil Nadu then it is not diretly sent from Gujarat to TN..the amount of power to be tranmitted is given to Maharashtra and Maharashtra utilizes that pwoer from Gujarat while sending a portion of its own to Karnataka..Karnataka then uses that power while sending a portion of its power to Tamil Nadu...

so in effect it is just transmitting from Karnataka to Tamil Nadu...not Gujarat to TN

It (Power Grid) does not work that way...If power is to transmitted from Gujrat to Tamil Nadu then it is not diretly sent from Gujarat to TN..the amount of power to be tranmitted is given to Maharashtra and Maharashtra utilizes that pwoer from Gujarat while sending a portion of its own to Karnataka..Karnataka then uses that power while sending a portion of its power to Tamil Nadu...

so in effect it is just transmitting from Karnataka to Tamil Nadu...not Gujarat to TN
That's a ideal world situation.Currently the Southern grid is not connected to the National grid...

That's a ideal world situation.Currently the Southern grid is not connected to the National grid...

Dude who gave you that idea ?

Ergy-Grid-India-small.jpg

I wish indians won't let this happen also i hope some one either Pak Army or SC pull zardaria ghaddaria hairs & throw him out of power.

NO ELECTRICITY IMPORT FROM INDIA.:angry:

I wish indians won't let this happen also i hope some one either Pak Army or SC pull zardaria ghaddaria hairs & throw him out of power.

LOL!

Take it easy buddy, that message may be misinterpreted by someone here, we have lots of languages and in some of them electricity sounds like water ;P

Dude who gave you that idea ?
Well it's partially connected
South to be fully merged with national power grid in 3 years
Government officials said the integration of the southern grid is being targeted for the year 2014-15, in time for the commissioning of the 4,000 MW Krishnapatnam Ultra Mega Power Project in Andhra Pradesh. This is being done through three upcoming 765 kV AC (alternating current) links that would hook up the southern region to the rest of the country through the western grid.
Currently, transmission links hook up the southern region to the western region through Bhadrawati (1,000 MW capacity) and to the eastern region at Gazuwaka (1,000 MW).
The total transfer capability for import of power by the southern region from the rest of India is pegged at 1,330 MW, while actual transfer capability is around 1,230 MW, according to data from the National Load Despatch Centre.

India will earn far more than this for access to Afghanistan, I think Gilani needs to ink deal on Gas and 5000 MW power.

Says a person who is safely tucked away in US, while his countrymen back home have to suffer long load shedding.

then also says , we don't wanter form india also...... let also get the river dried up... why need to be hypocrite on water..

Back
Top Bottom