What's new

India not a threat

Why cant Zardari be more like his father-in-law?

Last edited by a moderator:
A Nice Gesture

Congratulations to Asif Ali Zardari, president of Pakistan, for saying today that the Taliban is the enemy and not India.

Pakistan’s resources have historically, understandably, been so focused on combating the threat from India that it has been unable realistically to counter the Taliban and other potential sources of global terrorism. But this has more recently been a clear misallocation of troops and attention.

So Zardari’s statement is just as pivotal, and historic.

“I do not consider India a military threat; the question is that India has the capability. Capability is what matters. (With regard to) intention I think we both have our good intentions. India is a reality, Pakistan is a reality, but Taliban are a threat, an international threat … to our way of life. And at the moment, I’m focused on the Taliban. It’s something that has been going on for a long time and of course went unchecked under the dictatorial rule of the last president"

Let us hope that Zardari can again carry public opinion and opposition politicians with him.

He is a difficult character with an ambiguous past, but such statesmanship deserves our unambiguous support.

well it is not the first time he is saying this. the question is, will he be sucessfull in making others to think the way he just said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if zardari is the president of Pakistan than according to democratic formula, he is elected by more than 50 % of people of Pakistan. I dont think with 17% of majority he can be president?:smitten::smitten:

Why is noone answering this? .. The only reason he was so called elected is because of his wife's ticket. There could be other lingering reasons which could highlight the situation later I suppose, but the majority was never interested in him leading this country.

Why is noone answering this? .. The only reason he was so called elected is because of his wife's ticket. There could be other lingering reasons which could highlight the situation later I suppose, but the majority was never interested in him leading this country.

So 'No confidence' him and get a leader the country wants. But dont discard him just because he talks peace with India. Both countries need peace with each other now.

Personally I think he is like Hamid Karzai pretty much under US influence, not sure if that is the best for Pakistan in long term, but it might help to bring peace to the region. The problem is, I also doubt that many Pakistanis and more important the armed forces and ISI share his point of view. He might be the elected leader, but I don't think he really is in power.

That is all fine & dandy. But had he said that India is the real enemy, would US have tripled your aid? You accuse him of being a beggar, yet enjoy the benefits of what he is bringing you in form of all that international aid.

Well said mate, Zardari would be a hugely popular man in Pakistan if he cursed India. That has been the formula for popularity in Pakistan all along. Bhutto did it, his daughter did it but his son-in-law refuses to do it. Of course it makes him a villian in Pakistan, does n't it?

right! first we use to think that india is the real enemy! bt seeing the taliban in swat region it makes me say dis dat taliban and other terrorist organisationz operating frm our soil are the real enemy! bt i do not rule out the fact dat india in future cannot be seen as a enemy!

right! first we use to think that india is the real enemy! bt seeing the taliban in swat region it makes me say dis dat taliban and other terrorist organisationz operating frm our soil are the real enemy! bt i do not rule out the fact dat india in future cannot be seen as a enemy!

:taz::victory::taz:

Back
Top Bottom