What's new

India next after PRISM: govt can soon legally read your mail

Ma'am with due respect to your personal views i just want to say that the G.O.I. is doing an excellent job by targetting these "so called" innocent people(most of them are anti-nationals after all).
i read the name of a Deboleena Chakraborty in this article who has claimed that she is being allegedly "victimized" by the Police.now do you know the real identity of this "self proclaimed" innocent woman!she is the leader of Matangini Mahila Samity,which is a public front of the C.P.I.(Maoist).she is nothing but a maoist sympathizer who is a pain in the b**t of the Kolkata Police(i know all these because i am from Kolkata and live near the Jadavpur University which was her political domain):coffee:

Thanks for the info Brando! I am sure there are positive hits. I was pointing to the examples that are being used incorrectly to clamp down dissent and scare ppl from coming forward.

Sry you guys who support this invasion of privacy are a bunch of clueless twits. Ask yourself why are American citizens up in amrs complaining and fighting about this invasion of privacy? It has nothing to do with safety. There are no laws in place to stop ABUSE which is the key word. How do you won;t be blackmailed? This is being used to stop whistleblowers from bringing scrutiny to problems. What is to portect our dideas and thoughts from being stolen and utilized? Nothing. Think about it. Safety can be recitifed without such abuses only if we have strong govt capable of making strong decisions. This is why I sometimes side with Maosits, not because I like them but because the Indian govt is ****>

Government can read your mail, government can tap your cellphone and that too legally .
I think what should be their next step probably fixing camera in our house.

When terrorist and rogue organisation start using technology for their communication.... What the governments can do????? If they fail in detecting any terror acts we blame them for not collecting intelligence inputs..... How GOI would get inputs????? This is going to happen for sure......Though it is interfering into your privacy ..... There are hardly any other options left...

Maoists are right..... the Brahmanist regime must be destroyed.

A chinese teaching Indian on who should run GOI.....Ya right.... Manmohan singh is Brahmin..... And Sonia Gandhi is another brahmin ...... HongWu If you are planning to start a class on democracy entire indians of PDF would join your class... Please give us advance info when the class starts...

For me, I dont care, if Indian Govt snoops my calls , emails or text to be honest. I am good, have no hidden agendas, nothing to fear. If Indian govt does it for security, then fine for me :)

Maoists are right..... the Brahmanist regime must be destroyed.

Hey buddy Maoist are right to kill innocent people?? OK
Japanese were also right when they were raping and plundering your people?? My answer is I condem such barbaric act.
China is one the oldest and great civilization and,a rising super power.That does not mean that you can bully or say anything, remember friend nazi's were also all conquering nation but what happened..

You can never be 100% secure and have 100% privacy - chose what you want for your family.

But understand what the US is doing. It is not snooping on its citizens.

let me give you an example. say we catch a a terrorist in waziristan and he has a cell phone. We then take that number and check to see if he has called anyone in the US. The program used is only to see what " outside the US terrorists" talk to whom inside the US and not for snooping on the US citizens talking to the outside as the starting point.

Also no names are attached to the information/phone numbers that are collected . Only once we find that a number from a terrorist called ' a number' inside the US- then they have to go to a judge / judicial process to get permission to see whom it belonged to.

For me, I dont care, if Indian Govt snoops my calls , emails or text to be honest. I am good, have no hidden agendas, nothing to fear. If Indian govt does it for security, then fine for me :)

This is the most common nonsensical statement used by privacy advocates...

Nothing to hide....next time people should make houses out of glass ..nothing to hide after all...

Because the government gets to define what's wrong, and they keep changing the definition

Because the govt. might do something wrong with my information.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

This kind of information access will turn this country into an absolute police state ....

If you sympathise with the Maoist be ready to face the consequences.

Infact I would go so far to say that all these lefty JNU jholawala types should be locked up and the keys thrown in the Arabian Sea

Infact I would go so far to say that all these lefty JNU jholawala types should be locked up and the keys thrown in the Arabian Sea

perfect narrow minded thinking .... If you disagree with the govt. then your a Maoist sympathizer .....that is one way to run away form an argument. Thats like saying the anti corruption movement heads are Maoist sympathizers

Don't really care,maybe they will help me in managing my emails and getting rid of all the newsletters :pissed:

This is the most common nonsensical statement used by privacy advocates...

Nothing to hide....next time people should make houses out of glass ..nothing to hide after all...

Because the government gets to define what's wrong, and they keep changing the definition

Because the govt. might do something wrong with my information.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

This kind of information access will turn this country into an absolute police state ....

I understand. My statement will be a complete reversal if i am someone rich or powerfull. I hope you do understand our nation have big population and the govt takes upon itself the responsibility to save people from any attacks.

So when a bomb attack goes off anywhere the same citizen starts Question govt, with the power u have what the hell you are doing? I say, make complete use of capabilities for security reasons alone.
Not for business or opposition politics.

I understand. My statement will be a complete reversal if i am someone rich or powerfull. I hope you do understand our nation have big population and the govt takes upon itself the responsibility to save people from any attacks.

So when a bomb attack goes off anywhere the same citizen starts Question govt, with the power u have what the hell you are doing? I say, make complete use of capabilities for security reasons alone.
Not for business or opposition politics.

Yes...but the damage done to a persons freedom and privacy will be far worse than any terrorist attack..... Politicians will take every advantage of it ... Besides...i am 1000 times more likely to be killed by anything but terrorism or bombs which will be completely out of bounds of any govt. control ... There is absolutely no doubt govt. will fully take advantage of this ..the corruption is bad enough now ...imagine what they will do with access to so much information ....

Trust me...terrorists and bombs are least of your worries when it comes to security ....

What If,,, GF dad is the one who is reading your mails, texts and listning on your convos :butcher:

What If,,, GF dad is the one who is reading your mails, texts and listning on your convos :butcher:

I actually had those thots before writing my statements :D He will destroy for sure. :P
But looking from a bigger prespective, i think chances are one in a million for a guy whose GF dad's working in Govt, in that power :D
I am really sympathetic to anyone in that situation. But as it seems I am single :D

You can never be 100% secure and have 100% privacy - chose what you want for your family.

But understand what the US is doing. It is not snooping on its citizens.

let me give you an example. say we catch a a terrorist in waziristan and he has a cell phone. We then take that number and check to see if he has called anyone in the US. The program used is only to see what " outside the US terrorists" talk to whom inside the US and not for snooping on the US citizens talking to the outside as the starting point.

Also no names are attached to the information/phone numbers that are collected . Only once we find that a number from a terrorist called ' a number' inside the US- then they have to go to a judge / judicial process to get permission to see whom it belonged to.

Wrong. You only know bits and pieces. The US IS snooping on its own citizens. It is taking all the info and placing it data centers throughout the country and using supercomputers to shift thru it. The issue is what happens to this info. If it was so innocent and aimed at thwarting terrorism. this only makes it harder. If you live in the US, pay attention to the news but even then they are biased.

There has quite a few mishaps. There is no independent authority to monitor the wrongs. There is no way to object in this porcess becuase of the use of secret courts.

No offence, but before you spew your points, take the time to get them right. Educate ppl don;t make them sheep

If we use the logic, then the shame should be applied to the govt and politicans. They have engaged in many corrupt acts and hurt innocent ppl

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom