What's new

India needs one language: Amit Shah

Both

The sub continent was never united to begin with
Brits were tje folks who really united united this place which was more like Europe when it came to ethnic divisions

British united the lands and divided the people of the subcontinent.

British united the lands and divided the people of the subcontinent.
Lets just say the people werent united to begin with be it in Kashmir,Punjab or Bengal

Just looking at the history of Sikh rule in Punjab will reveal to you deep the divisions were

Lets just say the people werent united to begin with be it in Kashmir,Punjab or Bengal

Just looking at the history of Sikh rule in Punjab will reveal to you deep the divisions were

People of all faiths including Muslims and Hindus of the subcontinent fought against the British during the war of 1857. This led British to divide the population using the Urdu-Hindi language wars to weaken the Muslim-Hindu unity.

People of all faiths including Muslims and Hindus of the subcontinent fought against the British during the war of 1857. This led British to divide the population using the Urdu-Hindi language wars to weaken the Muslim-Hindu unity.
A rare unity mostly it was severe hatred and mistrust

Lol...this guy is doing exactly what led to breakdown of East Bengal....imposing Urdu among non-Urdu speaking people and undermining Bengali.

My view....make Sanskrit as India's national language...it's their ancient language and most of the other Indian languages are it's offshoot... so will not be much problem in accepting it by non-Hindi speaking people.

It is even taught in various schools in UK, Germany and USA

Lol...this guy is doing exactly what led to breakdown of East Bengal....imposing Urdu among non-Urdu speaking people and undermining Bengali.

My view....make Sanskrit as India's national language...it's their ancient language and most of the other Indian languages are it's offshoot... so will not be much problem in accepting it by non-Hindi speaking people.

It is even taught in various schools in UK, Germany and USA

Sanskrit is a liturgical language , that is frozen in Time, lacking in modern words. Basically its a useless dead language. Tamil has no link to Sanksrit. Dravidian Tamils will oppose Sanskrit as much as they oppose Hindi as its an Aryan language.

Unlike Hindi or Sanskrit, Tamil has international reach, its the official language in 3 countries , more widely used/spoken outside India and taught in foreign universities.

EEfcJORUcAA-GXD

Last edited:
Kamal Haasan latest Tamil video on Hindi imposition - A warning to H-India of another language agitation, which will be much bigger than Jallikattu protests.

Says India became a Republic in 1950 with a promise to people that their language & culture will be protected and no Shah, Sultan or Samrat can break that promise.

Tamilnadu will revolt if Hindi is forcefully imposed, Tamils will fight against the unconstitutional Hindi imposition, a fight India cant afford

Last edited:
We Pakistanis really need to get rid of this habit of laughing off everything that the enemy does.
Last time I remember wasn't the india laughing on our JFT and boasting about their tejas MKI and even bisons, what they got then the whole world knows

Will never happen in south. The bhakts can go circle jerk amongst themselves.

Last time I remember wasn't the india laughing on our JFT and boasting about their tejas MKI and even bisons, what they got then the whole world knows
Only those low IQ'ed religious nutjobs in india think that way.. the people who have even decent IQ knows any aircraft even old ones like mig21s is a serious threat at situations.

Only those low IQ'ed religious nutjobs in india think that way.. the people who have even decent IQ knows any aircraft even old ones like mig21s is a serious threat at situations.
Every aircraft is a threat until they are shot down

Unlike Hindi or Sanskrit, Tamil has international reach, its the official language in 3 countries
You are underestimating the reach of Hindi(though i can barely speak it), it will take decades for English to become a link language that you are hoping for. There are countless tribes in NE India with whom i interact on a daily basis. Hindi and Assamese is usually our medium of conversation between our neighbours from Arunachal and Nagaland. Not everyone can be expected to express themselves in English.

Heck, from my personal experience down South many from TN are not equipped to speak in English too and some avoid it wilfully. Under such circumstances how are we from NE India expected to converse with you fellows.

A large chunk of professionals, both engineers and doctors, come from Southern states to NE each year to pursue their careers. Many of them eventually learn to speak in broken Assamese but each and every one of my acquaintances from TN, Karnataka and Kerala can speak flawless Hindi.

Most of us in NE can easily converse in atleast 5 or so Indian languages, you Tamils should give yourselves a break and broaden your horizons. Of course, if anyone interferes with our regional mother tongues we shall oppose together.

Back
Top Bottom