What's new

India needs one language: Amit Shah

You are underestimating the reach of Hindi(though i can barely speak it), it will take decades for English to become a link language that you are hoping for. There are countless tribes in NE India with whom i interact on a daily basis. Hindi and Assamese is usually our medium of conversation between our neighbours from Arunachal and Nagaland. Not everyone can be expected to express themselves in English.

Heck, from my personal experience down South many from TN are not equipped to speak in English too and some avoid it wilfully. Under such circumstances how are we from NE India expected to converse with you fellows.

A large chunk of professionals, both engineers and doctors, come from Southern states to NE each year to pursue their careers. Many of them eventually learn to speak in broken Assamese but each and every one of my acquaintances from TN, Karnataka and Kerala can speak flawless Hindi.

Most of us in NE can easily converse in atleast 5 or so Indian languages, you Tamils should give yourselves a break and broaden your horizons. Of course, if anyone interferes with our regional mother tongues we shall oppose together.
Waah, ,, so let's make hindi mandatory,,:tup: is the what u support.
All the ppl u r talking about learnt to speak hindi just fine widout the mandatory shit. All the so called reach of hindi(it's not even hindi but a mix of hindi n urdu) is solely due to bollywood,, not coz ppl realized hindi or whatever is a great language.
In my opinion,,, English shud be made mandatory.
It will help students in the higher studies,,,other languages don't have the aukat to be honest,,, while English is lingua Franca in a true sense.
Ps-kb, ,, ad tumak miss kori ase be kela. Khbr khati ki tumr

Last edited:
Waah, ,, so let's make hindi mandatory,,:tup: is the what u support.
Lol, apuni dekhun nijei hindi aru urdu'r mastor hoi, you write in impeccable Hindi in each of your posts, i wish to achieve similar proficiency some day.

But that doesn't mean that i want hindi imposition in Assam or other parts of the country, OTOH this issue should never have been raised as people in India except from the Southern states already have no issues in conversing in Hindi as their second or third language.
All the ppl u r talking about learnt to speak hindi just fine widout the mandatory shit
Exactly my views, the effort is just not worth it!
English shud be made mandatory.
It will help students in the higher studies,,,other languages don't have the aukat to be honest,,
Agreed, being a doctor yourself you know the troubles Assamese medium kids have to go through in their first couple of years of professional education.

But the bitter truth is English as a medium of conversation in our daily lives for the masses cannot surpass Hindi in the next 50 years(as a 2nd/3rd language)

Lastly, i am highlighting the hypocrisy of some people from South for a simple reason. When in NE, they will speak to someone from Assam in Hindi if that person being spoken to doesn't understand English but will ignore an Assamese in South for speaking in Hindi.
Ps-kb, ,, ad tumak miss kori ase be kela. Khbr khati ki tumr
:-)o_O Bas soli ase aru..

Lol, apuni dekhun nijei hindi aru urdu'r mastor hoi, you write in impeccable Hindi in each of your posts, i wish to achieve similar proficiency some day.

But that doesn't mean that i want hindi imposition in Assam or other parts of the country, OTOH this issue should never have been raised as people in India except from the Southern states already have no issues in conversing in Hindi as their second or third language.

Exactly my views, the effort is just not worth it!

Agreed, being a doctor yourself you know the troubles Assamese medium kids have to go through in their first couple of years of professional education.

But the bitter truth is English as a medium of conversation in our daily lives for the masses cannot surpass Hindi in the next 50 years(as a 2nd/3rd language)

Lastly, i am highlighting the hypocrisy of some people from South for a simple reason. When in NE, they will speak to someone from Assam in Hindi if that person being spoken to doesn't understand English but will ignore an Assamese in South for speaking in Hindi.

:-)o_O Bas soli ase aru..
The last portion,,moi beleg ejon buli bhabilu tumak,,

The last portion,,moi beleg ejon buli bhabilu tumak,,
Maybe, maybe not( i do know kb,).. Being a close-knit fraternity(and perhaps of the same age too) i wouldn't be surprised if we know each other or atleast have mutual friends. Btw, ajikali kot practice kori ase, axom'ot ne bahirot?

Back
Top Bottom