What's new

India needs 18 submarines to deal with Pakistan, China

Such a waste of money. Pakistan Navy is a joke compared. And China is too concerned with becoming a great power to get into a fight in the Indian Ocean. It's not like Uncle Sam is going just sit by and watch the PLAN attack the IN.

Read first above post, I said naval version will be in before p8i comes in IN service.
Dedicated JF-17 are being tested with C-802A antiship missile.You will soon see them in formal fleet.:smokin:
WHY for every new weapon india makes pak have same old jf17 for mki, mmrca, mig29,mirage upgrade,our ssbn, scorpene subs,lca tejas, p8i phalcon awacs even pakfa how many do you have and what so special about a substandard single engine fighter don't you have something else to compare with

WHY for every new weapon india makes pak have same old jf17 for mki, mmrca, mig29,mirage upgrade,our ssbn, scorpene subs,lca tejas, p8i phalcon awacs even pakfa how many do you have and what so special about a substandard single engine fighter don't you have something else to compare with

Is something burning there..I can feel smoke rising up:cool:

they have nothing else to compare !
man this jf 17 is hell of a fighter with $20 million cost it can destroy submarines,aircraft carriers,eurofighter etc.
anything you name and jf17 is there for you.

now i know why nasa scrapped there shuttle program,they are just waiting to relation get normal with pakistan and than they can send astronaut in jf17 !

he Scorpenes are similar to the Agosta 90B subs (also French) that Pakistan recently bought. The first of the Agostas was built in France, but the other two were built in Pakistan. The Scorpene purchase was seen as a response to the Pakistani Agostas. The Scorpene are a more recent design, the result of cooperation between French and Spanish sub builders. The Agosta is a 1,500 ton (surface displacement) diesel-electric sub with a 36 man crew and four 533mm (21 inch) torpedo tubes (with 20 torpedoes and/or anti-ship missiles carried). The Scorpene is a little heavier (1,700 tons), has a smaller crew (32) and is a little faster. It has six 533mm torpedo tubes, and carries 18 torpedoes and/or missiles. Both models can be equipped with an AIP (air independent propulsion) system. This enables the sub to stay under longer, thus making the sub harder to find. AIP allows the sub to travel under water for more than a week, at low speed (5-10 kilometres an hour). The Pakistanis have an option to retrofit AIP in their current two Agostas.

Its quite easy to smell an article written from across the border
So the author is comparing Scorpene class , whose first Sub actually entered service in 2009 , with Augusta 90B , a design which was considered old even in 1990s , and which was Purchased by PN only Becoz Zardari Received his 10% Commission

While India was largely concerned with the Pakistani Navy when the Scorpene contract was negotiated and signed, China is now seen as the primary adversary. The Chinese subs are not as effective as the Pakistani boats, both because of less advanced technology, and less well trained crews.

Now this is utter Bullshit , If chinese subs were inferior then why was PAK Navy begging the govt to purchase them , I know that one of the reasons was that unlike the french , the chinese will not give any commission to Zardari , the other reasons must be value for money and there decent quality .
And How can the Author say that chinese Submariners are less trained than pak , i mean what the hell , PLAN has 60 subs as against Pak which has only 5 , Even USN is vary of china near chinese waters , to say that PN is better trained is well funny

And Finally i would like to conclude by saying that How the hell does the author says that India will retire 9 of its 14 current Subs in just 3 Yrs , coz as far as i know , Submarines have a life of 30 yrs , not 22-25 yrs as the author is claiming , while he conveniently forgets that Pakistan is upgrading its 33 yr old Augusta 70 subs so that they can serve till 2020 , add to that PLAN currently operate 20 Subs over 25 yrs old

yes from crash body in attock

crashes happen and it is a usual thing for aircrafts, and if it happens after 10000 sorties i think it is more than comendable for a "20m $ junk". now stop burning because last i checked your brand new MKIs also had few crashes. even f22 were grounded after crash few weeks ago. so stick to the topic or don't post.

P8I is surely a game changer along with aircraft carrier and mig 29

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

You don't have naval version of jf17
from the start of the next year we gonna raise our Naval Squadron for our JF17.....:)

Its true that India is facing shortage of Subs but its not something which the author tries to portray ,To deal with the expected delays Indian Navy had initiated an upgrade program for subs in 2003 , Under which 7 Kilo class Subs inducted between 1988-2000 were to be upgraded to P-636M standards , under this contract 4 subs have been upgraded as of 2011 , 2 subs which are currently undergoing refit/upgrade will be delivered in 2012 , While Last Kilo class ie INS SindhuShastra inducted in yr 2000 , will undergo refit in 2013-14 , This sub doe snot require major upgrade since it already included several of the features that were to be incorporated into the Kilo class During the upgrade including the ability to carry 6 Klub S cruise Missiles

Also , This yr we signed a deal to upgrade 2 Type 209 subs inducted in the 1990s , With the upgrades set to begin in 2012 after the delivery of 2 upgraded Kilo class Subs

Also The Author failed to Mention the nuclear subs which we are getting
Coz as far as i know , we will get 1 Akula II sub in December this yr , and we will get INS Arihant in 2012 , with INS Arhidaman following in 2014-15 , while remaining 2 Arihant class Subs will enter service in 2018 and 2020
While Scorpene class will be inducted between 2015-18

Indian Navy had announced that it will begin retiring Non upgraded Kilo class Subs like INS Sindhudhwaj in 2014 while remaining non upgraded Kilo class and Type 209 subs will be retired between 2015-18 , ie they will be replaced by Scorpene class
In 2020 India will have 6 Scorpene Class , 4 Arihant class , 4 Kilo class , 2 Type 209 and 1-2 Akula II subs in service
While the Remaining Kilo class and U209 will be replaced by next generation SSK selected by India in 2013-14 and which will begin entering service in 2020 . While Akula II will be replaced by Indian SSN Project under which 4 SSN are to be delivered between 2021-27

from the start of the next year we gonna raise our Naval Squadron for our JF17.....:)

You are too Late India already Has 2 Squadrons of Su30MKI comprising 36 aircrafts deployed in Maritime strike role in Gujrat AND Maharashtra , AND each carrying 3 Kh-59MK antiship missiles with a range of 285 Kms
We are also raising 2 More Sqds of MKI dedicated to anti ship operations , but they will be stationed in West Bengal and Andaman and Nicobar Islands

Such a waste of money. Pakistan Navy is a joke compared. And China is too concerned with becoming a great power to get into a fight in the Indian Ocean. It's not like Uncle Sam is going just sit by and watch the PLAN attack the IN.

If we are to count just the surface fleet , Then PN has about as many Large Surface combatants (ie ships weighing over 2000Tons) as (11 PN against 10 ICG ) Indian coast Guard , In fact they have a Smaller fleet than Indian Coast Guard with 59 Ships against 70 operated by ICG
Pakistan Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PLAN is big compared to IN, but still PLAN lack of comabt experience. attacking IN in Indian ocean will be stupid thing.

Talking strictly about submarines, we are really lagging behind... and its gotten into the red zone... most of our submarines are post-retirement age.. we are just somehow pressing them to continue in service... The mistake lies primarily with our defence ministry bureaucrats whose red-tapism has reach unbelievable level of inefficiency..

but I have a strong feeling that the Naval authorities are equally to be blamed.. after all CNS is not a kid! he has the authority and the wherewithall to make the right noise and get the procurement speed increased... after all, this must have been clear to the Naval directorate of procurement in 2001 that the submarine strength will deplete below danger level in 2015.. what the hell have they done????

with P8Is coming, and TUs and ILs also being there, MR ASW will be strengthened... but lack of Sea Kings and subs can't be overcome... some drastic actions are needed, and urgently....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom