What's new

India Mulls Stationing of Ground Forces in Afghanistan

Definitely not going to get involved in the Afghan Govt vs Taliban war. Troops if we send will probably be with UN umbrella, mostly with the intent of defending Indian asssets and infrastructure built for Afghans.

If India unilaterally sends troops to fight the Taliban, then some Afghans might view it as a foreign power occupying their land and killing their people, so that option should be a big No-No, unless of course the Afghan people want it.

Definitely not going to get involved in the Afghan Govt vs Taliban war. Troops if we send will probably be with UN umbrella, mostly with the intent of defending Indian asssets and infrastructure built for Afghans.

If India unilaterally sends troops to fight the Taliban, then some Afghans might view it as a foreign power occupying their land and killing their people, so that option should be a big No-No, unless of course the Afghan people want it.

Under UN umberla to protect roads built by India? dint know UN will deploy yout at places of your choice and dint know that infrastructure built by India aka roads is property of India

Under UN umberla to protect roads built by India? dint know UN will deploy yout at places of your choice and dint know that infrastructure built by India aka roads is property of India

Oops m bad. Post must have cut-off. I meant to say under 1) UN umbrella, or 2)send Indian troops unilaterally just to protect Indian assets and infrastructures and not get involved in Afghan Govt vs Taliban war.

2) Is something that has not been said by GoI, but something I am suggesting. But so far Afghans and their Govt have been able to protect all Indian assets very well, so I dont even see the need to get involved at all. Only if things get worse I suppose. Roads in Afghanistan are nto owned by us, but there might be other things like Consulates, people, schools etc.

@Yzd Khalifa

Are you listening comerade,time to faqback is arriving. Are your guys ready for 1982 all over again?...because me and my man @Hyperion are making arrangements to 'welcome' our new guests.. :smokin:

I don't think India is willing to commit suicide at all :D

We do have strategic interests in there ,so India better backs off or else.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are your strategic interests in Afghanistan..?
India has nothing to do with what we want Afghanistan to be! But No thanks, no Indian troops ,period.
In one phrase
Saudi's strategic interests equals Pakistan's.

Götterdämmerung;4309705 said:
Yes, I have doubts. But since you brought that up, please elaborate!

Nothing can penetrate thick skulls, till a hammer falls on them.

China still has some more time to dirty itself up, before the cleaning ... wait awhile and you'll see the hammer falling on your head.

All doubts will go.

India has nothing to do with what we want Afghanistan to be! But No thanks, no Indian troops ,period. In one phrase
Saudi's strategic interests equals Pakistan's.
No my friend, i didn't ask about whether india have anything to do with What saudis want or whether your interests align with anyone..I simply asked what in your openion is saudi's interests in afghanistan post 2014(Whether the kingdom supports karzai govt or something else..etc)

No my friend, i didn't ask about whether india have anything to do with What saudis want or whether your interests align with anyone..I simply asked what in your openion is saudi's interests in afghanistan post 2014(Whether the kingdom supports karzai govt or something else..etc)

My bad :D
No we won't support him.

Cheers.

Or they make more 1,00,000 pakistani/Afghan Taliban surrender , just like 1971.

Or they make more 1,00,000 pakistani/Afghan Taliban surrender , just like 1971.

lies...only 55,000 Pakistani soldiers in east pakistan in december 1971..the rest were civilians and police etc...tyoical bharati lies.....and thye surendered because traitors wre running the army and zulfiqar was big traitor as well......

India can only bark while the Americans are in Afghanistan as it,s not their forces that are fighting the taliban. Once uncle SAM goes it,s game over.This fantasy of india being the new big boy once the americans leave is probably good as a bollywood script or a feel good factor for media outlets like the Hindu newspaper.
Truth of the reality. America walks or finds an exit strategy. Within 2 years taliban have 90% of the country again.
Regarding the indians, well the indians will leave so fast that the lungi will still be in kabul and the boots in delhi. Good luck on your wet dream.

Let's not kid ourselves, both you and I as well as the rest of the crowd at pdf know very well what I meant by that. ;)

Please elaborate. I though we were discussing about India mulling to station ground forces in Afghanistan.

Nothing can penetrate thick skulls, till a hammer falls on them.

China still has some more time to dirty itself up, before the cleaning ... wait awhile and you'll see the hammer falling on your head.

All doubts will go.

I've been to China and to India. China is much cleaner than India. The only thing where both of you are similarly dirty is the air. From that perspective China indeed still has a bit to dirty itself, although I doubt that since it spends billions to clean up the mess while India is not far from the hammer falling on its head although India has not even seriously started with industrialisation.

We are living in interesting time.

India can only bark while the Americans are in Afghanistan as it,s not their forces that are fighting the taliban. Once uncle SAM goes it,s game over.This fantasy of india being the new big boy once the americans leave is probably good as a bollywood script or a feel good factor for media outlets like the Hindu newspaper.
Truth of the reality. America walks or finds an exit strategy. Within 2 years taliban have 90% of the country again.
Regarding the indians, well the indians will leave so fast that the lungi will still be in kabul and the boots in delhi. Good luck on your wet dream.

And as usual pakistanis are masturbating over the return of taliban...Dude,don't you know what happened after NATO/ANA pulled out of their posts in just kunar and nuristan in 2010?Afghan Taliban took over and those places gradually became safe havens for TTP,while AT just turned their eyes the other way..And the attack on pak troops doubled-with effective hit and tun tactics where TTP could carry out attack in pakistan and retreat to safety in kunar..Was there a singe action from afghan taliban against TTP using the areas under Afghan taliban/AL quida control to launch attack on pakistan..?NO...So in case of afghan taliban taking back power,Pakistan will have much much more to lose than any other nations..

As far as India is concerned,we will never put our soldiers in Afghanistan..And take it from someone who have visited Afghanistan atleast a dozen times,we know how to protect our investments in Afghanistan,all of which are more than equally beneficial to people of afghanistan..

My bad :D
No we won't support him.

Cheers.

So in your openion Saudi should support Taliban/Al quida in post 2014 conflict between taliban/AQ and karzai govt..
So I take you think the support Saudi arabia presently giving to karzai govt is due to american influence..?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom