What's new

India Measures Itself Against a China That Doesn’t Notice

As the article itself says, China compares itself to America/Europe. Similarly, India compares to China, and our western neighbor compares to India. Thats how it is.

china compares itself to usa so that doesnt mean india has to compare itself to usa(it will be stupid and illogical) so we compare with someone lower down the line,if china is offended who cares

I dunno' dude, if you're going to compare. Compare with the best of the best... and that would be the Scandinavian countries.

I, as an individual, cares about India, just like I care about Pakistan, hope that makes you happy!

China, as a nation, doesn't care about India, hope that don't hurt you!

But just because we don't care about India doesn't mean we are arrogant

Frankly to me as an individual, none of this matters.

The article uses some hyperbole words like "obsessed". Most Indians can't even locate China on a map, they won't even know that most Chinese are Hans.

A tiny minority of chatterati making some noise doesn't mean India is obsessed with China either. Some people have already mentioned what China means for most Indians who know anything about China: Noodles and cheap (and low quality, low durability) products.

I hope so, and I won't think Indians are arrogant just because they don't give importance to China.

That is the only point I am trying to make.

Fair enough.

I dunno' dude, if you're going to compare. Compare with the best of the best... and that would be the Scandinavian countries.

Scandinavian countries never had hundreds of millions under poverty line, China did, and has successfully lifted hundreds of millions out of abject poverty. Something that India needs to do as well.

Come on TDU its too bloody cold thier. Id rather compare to somewhere hot and sunny? The ice cream is too expensive as well in Sweden! Once paid about £12 for just 2 scoops! Gutted i was!! lolz

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Scandinavian countries never had hundreds of millions under poverty line, China did, and has successfully lifted hundreds of millions out of abject poverty. Something that India needs to do as well.

And i pray they do mate. They sure have the manpower and market. Good luck to our Indian brothers!

Yeah, I understand we can't ignore the "similarities" between India & China but I was just talking about HDI, and Scandinavian states come out on top in this sector.

"Always compare with the best".

Yeah, I understand we can't ignore the "similarities" between India & China but I was just talking about HDI, and Scandinavian states come out on top in this sector.

"Always compare with the best".

Once we achieve mediocrity, then we can focus on the best of the best:enjoy:

And I think Americans are more paranoid about China than say Indians. Paranoia is a type of obsession as well right? So NYTimes should write an article on that.:lol:

Come on TDU its too bloody cold thier. Id rather compare to somewhere hot and sunny? The ice cream is too expensive as well in Sweden! Once paid about £12 for just 2 scoops! Gutted i was!! lolz

It gets cold in China too man! And wouldn't you love to charge tourists £12 for some ice cream in your country. :azn:

It gets cold in China too man! And wouldn't you love to charge tourists £12 for some ice cream in your country. :azn:

Mate them bloody Chinise would probably make the icecream half the price and twice as good!! lolz

Let's just agree to disagree. :lol:

Compare with the best is something I live by. Either that or don't compare at all, take your own time to achieve your goals. End result is the same. :)

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Mate them bloody Chinise would probably make the icecream half the price and twice as good!! lolz

The best Ice cream is in Italy, trust me. And it's not too expensive either.

And I think Americans are more paranoid about China than say Indians. Paranoia is a type of obsession as well right? So NYTimes should write an article on that.:lol:

Mate they are so obsessed with others obsessions they havent got time to realise how obsessed they are themselves!!!

If anything India have more in comon with america than china , both are democracy and english speaking country, you even had a westerner as leader of your country with the added bonus of most of the people in power been educated in the west, doesnt it make more sense to compare india with Usa rather than China?

Back
Top Bottom