What's new

India Measures Itself Against a China That Doesn’t Notice

^^ They had the same racist attitude towards the "uncooked barbarians" called Mongols, you see the same for the Vietnamese, the Koreans and many more.

They think they are the "middle kingdom", racism comes naturally to too many of them.

This is not racism, this is just a culture tradition. For thousands of years, Chinese think our country is middle kingdom, in the center of the world. Not easyto change this belief.

China's per capita income is growing much more rapidly than these countries and very soon will take over them . My point stands too much prosperity in too little little time = Chinese arrogance .

Secondly when posting per capita figures you must always use PPP figures to compare , they show the real picture , not the nominal ones .

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

True and you don't see Europeans and Americans acting arrogantly and indifferently towards China the way the Chinese act towards us Indians .

Them whities are actually smart .

what are you talking about? Western Europeans and especially white Americans laugh at China all the time. One of the most commented articles on ENGLISH yahoo is the Wenzhou train accident and many white people were celebrating the death of Chinese, with jokes like "Confucius says: Made in China bad! Vely Vely Bad!" and other racist statements.

On teh other hand, does any Chinese laugh at Indians dying in train accidents?

what are you talking about? Western Europeans and especially white Americans laugh at China all the time. One of the most commented articles on ENGLISH yahoo is the Wenzhou train accident and many white people were celebrating the death of Chinese, with jokes like "Confucius says: Made in China bad! Vely Vely Bad!" and other racist statements.

On teh other hand, does any Chinese laugh at Indians dying in train accidents?

No matter west or east, the white is the worst.:yahoo:

The article in the NYT proves a point I made in another thread about India measuring itself against China - a suggestion which the Indian members here ridiculed.

India and China are in different world, the only similarity is the Population.

So there is a logic fault in Indian politicians' mentality. They need control corruption and find its own way to excel.

no , we have not gone down to seven percent . We have gone to 7.8 % and 7.7 % respectivley in the last two quarters . That is still almost 8 percent and we can always make up for it in the coming quarters .so yeah we can still catch up with china's current position in about 20 years time . just two quarters of slightly slower growth don't mean much .

No, at this rate it will take us 10-12 years to catch with where China ia today. China was 10 years back where India is today.

A 0.1 % decrease in growth rate (from 7.8 % to 7.7 %) at a time of global downturn seems to have got some people overexcited. ;)

This is not racism, this is just a culture tradition. For thousands of years, Chinese think our country is middle kingdom, in the center of the world. Not easyto change this belief.

It's a racist cultural tradition.

See I personally have nothing against China and the Chinese. My personal interaction with them has always been positive.

This fact still remains a fact.

India and China are in different world, the only similarity is the Population.

So there is a logic fault in Indian politicians' mentality. They need control corruption and find its own way to excel.

No, we live in the same world, the planet Earth.

All of us have an opportunity to learn something from others' successes and failures. China's success is no doubt spurring a rethink in India and does set a benchmark for what a large developing country starting from such a low base can achieve in a short time.

There are several parallels in the fast growth by the two largest countries in the world and how it is shifting the balance of power.

Of course China is leagues ahead now in terms of hard power, the gap can close pretty soon.

See I personally have nothing against China and the Chinese. My personal interaction with them has always been positive.

Its a common issue among most established cultures, its not a uniquely Chinese culture so I am not sure what the big deal is.

It was a tradition, but I think it have wiped out ever since the western colonization in 19th century.
Admittedly, a increasingly numer of Chinese internet users bring up this obsolete mindset again, which can be seen as a result of coming prevalence of ultra-nationalism. This kind of nationalism do exist in every growing economy.

The "middle-kindom" perception in China today is more like egotism rather than racism, however it should remain to be individual and regarded as harmful to bilateral exchange.

The "Tianxia" world-view, was thrown upside down during the Century of Humilation, during which time the Middle Kingdom was humiliated and enslaved by both the Western colonialists and the Imperial Japanese.

The "Tianxia" world-view, was thrown upside down during the Century of Humilation, during which time the Middle Kingdom was humiliated and enslaved by both the Western colonialists and the Imperial Japanese.
What's you opinion on the "Tianchao(Heavenly Kingdom)" frequently mentioned by users as a substitution of China on the internet?Any reason why?:what:

What's you opinion on the "Tianchao(Heavenly Kingdom)" frequently mentioned by users as a substitution of China on the internet?Any reason why?:what:

I think you are right when you said this:

Admittedly, a increasingly numer of Chinese internet users bring up this obsolete mindset again, which can be seen as a result of coming prevalence of ultra-nationalism. This kind of nationalism do exist in every growing economy.

I thought we would have learned our lesson from the Century of Humilation.

Its a common issue among most established cultures, its not a uniquely Chinese culture so I am not sure what the big deal is.

You may want to provide some examples.

It was a tradition, but I think it have wiped out ever since the western's colonization in 19th century.

The "middle-kindom" perception in China today is more like egotism rather than racism, however it should remain to be individual and regarded as harmful to bilateral exchange.

Nationalism and national pride is one thing, considering all other races as barbarians is another.

I am sure many educated Chinese can see it. Some literate ones (but not educated) are still stuck to it and parade their foolish racial superiority everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom