What's new

India may take a third Russian nuclear attack submarine on lease

I wonder if Russia would let India have it this time, since tension between China and India are increasing, Russia would not want to **** the Chinese off, and to some extent **** of the Pakistanis as well, since Americans are leaving Afghanistan and Russia would want some influence there and would try to get on the good side of Pakistan...

these guys are professionals ....they never mind such silly things..... all they want is good business n india is giving it to them since 47

I wonder if Russia would let India have it this time, since tension between China and India are increasing, Russia would not want to **** the Chinese off, and to some extent **** of the Pakistanis as well, since Americans are leaving Afghanistan and Russia would want some influence there and would try to get on the good side of Pakistan...

Nice Joke..now move on

India’s Nuclear Submarine Projects

Aug 28/13:

Lease another? India has been considering a second nuclear submarine lease for a little while now, but the sinking of INS Sindhurakshak has added urgency to the idea. Firstpost even reports that “zealots in South Block have already christened the potential acquisition as INS Chakra III.”

The thing is, the Russians have figured out that no-one else will lease India a nuclear submarine, so the Russians plan to charge a lot more this time.

Not a great advertisement for buying Russian in the upcoming Project 75i, but then, customer relations is not a Russian strong point. The key bellwether? On Sept 1/13, Indian Defence Secretary RK Mathur will lead a tri-service delegation to Moscow for the next High Level Monitoring Group on Defence session. Progress, or lack thereof, will be telling.

Sources: BSR Russia, “India all set to lease a second nuclear submarine from Russia” | Firstpost.India, “After INS Sindhurakshak tragedy, India seeks second nuclear sub from Russia”.

https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/indias-atv-ssn-submarine-project-04374/

Russians never wanted to part with their Shchuka-B. I think the RuN will fund and finish the construction of the Ibris on their own.

I don't think so especially with rupee threatening to breach 70 against dollar

Well still we have money for it. But for future procurements like the PAK-FA or the Funding of AMCA will be hit....the Rafale and the new sub deal will go smoothly until something drastic happens.

Well still we have money for it. But for future procurements like the PAK-FA or the Funding of AMCA will be hit....the Rafale and the new sub deal will go smoothly until something drastic happens.

Disagree again..............pakfa cannot be hit as its a fifth gen fighter and JV AND WE HAVE ALREADY invested 300 million in it.
Rafale will be hit and maybe we will revise the contract and get rafale without tot,,,,just to decrease the bill

AMCA is out of the water,,,,gone!!!

Disagree again..............pakfa cannot be hit as its a fifth gen fighter and JV AND WE HAVE ALREADY invested 300 million in it.
Rafale will be hit and maybe we will revise the contract and get rafale without tot,,,,just to decrease the bill

AMCA is out of the water,,,,gone!!!

The AMCA has been put on hold and not completely gone.

The PAK-FA even being a JV is more or less like a Russian Project funded by us. It is as good as calling it as a 5th generation fighter with ToT.

We still dont know how costly the aircraft is going to be after all the gadgets are introduced into it. So I rather know how much the Rafale will cost instead of the PAK FA. and $20 billion is something we can afford to spend on Rafale if the deal is signed now.

The AMCA has been put on hold and not completely gone.

The PAK-FA even being a JV is more or less like a Russian Project funded by us. It is as good as calling it as a 5th generation fighter with ToT.

We still dont know how costly the aircraft is going to be after all the gadgets are introduced into it. So I rather know how much the Rafale will cost instead of the PAK FA. and $20 billion is something we can afford to spend on Rafale if the deal is signed now.

I share ur cooncern buddy but the recent turmoil suggests that things will be delayed at the very least........and choices have to be made as we cannot carry out 3-4 projects at the same time.

I share ur cooncern buddy but the recent turmoil suggests that things will be delayed at the very least........and choices have to be made as we cannot carry out 3-4 projects at the same time.

There are bigger naval projects...Just keep in mind...the project 17A and the project 15B alone accounts to 45K crores. That is a huge amount ready to be spent. The navy might cut short their requirements by extending the like of the Bhramaputra class and the Godavari class.

There are bigger naval projects...Just keep in mind...the project 17A and the project 15B alone accounts to 45K crores. That is a huge amount ready to be spent. The navy might cut short their requirements by extending the like of the Bhramaputra class and the Godavari class.

Anyways does our mig-29 too use litening pod!!!
wikipedia at least shows that

Back
Top Bottom