What's new

'India may have competitive edge over China'

how bout CCTV program this month showing India as a future economic superpower? was this also by a Indian or a Han chinese :azn:

More shiet spilled from India. This article dates back to 2005, five years ago.

'India a better model than China' - Times Of India

This article quotes your beloved Singh, who also joined the popping India, trashing China party:
FT.com / Asia-Pacific - India

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

i am pretty sure that Yuwa Hedrick-Wong is not indian.

No he is not Indian, and he never said that India would overtake China. Indian journalist manipulated his words to make this twisted article title.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

i am pretty sure that Yuwa Hedrick-Wong is not indian.

No he is not Indian, and he never said that India would overtake China. Indian journalist manipulated his words to make this twisted article title.

Chinese will call our country a GLOBAL power, a MAJOR power, but not a superpower.

Nor will we make too many predictions. At current trends the US will be eclipsed by China in 2017 but even when that occurs we will not be "out of the woods" as a smaller competitor is still highly dangerous; the USSR was only 1/3 the GDP of the US yet it threatened the US in every single way.

Chinese will call our country a GLOBAL power, a MAJOR power, but not a superpower.

Nor will we make too many predictions. At current trends the US will be eclipsed by China in 2017 but even when that occurs we will not be "out of the woods" as a smaller competitor is still highly dangerous; the USSR was only 1/3 the GDP of the US yet it threatened the US in every single way.

Let your friends underestimate the advantages of the enemy overestimate your weaknesses.
we are modest country.

8% on how many years till now? mind you Angola has had more than 20% p.a. growth in the mean time.
"solely dependent on IT 'was already very generously put.
What IT? Doh! you really meant call centres, didn't you?

Funny man, you comparing Angola with India!!!! You need to check your head
No by IT means Chinese factories using children to manufacture toys:rofl:

"in admiration"?

So you mean China is admired? :rofl:

:rofl: you are a funny guy, but give me 1.5 billion Nigerians, I'll make them a 1.7 trillion enonomy overnight;
or 50 billion zebras could also do, by exporting meat alone, I tell ya!

Give me 1.5 billion unskilled workers who can be put in virtual prisons called 'factories' and made to work in inhuman conditions for 20 hours a day, I’ll make them a 5 trillion economy
then what is a fluke then? your posts?

No your posts are logical? :rofl:

if you mean by Indian's universal open sewage system ( far less than half actually, the rest is even less than an organised one I suupose?) we have an agreement here.

No I mean the Chinese sewage system aka your rivers

Then the question is what the heck you are doing exactly in that blackbox to make for that supposed "1.7 trillion economy" and "8%" growth, bearing in mind that consuming 2 spoons of curry instead of 1.5 already making 30% annual growth on that item alone !

Then the question is what the heck you are doing exactly in that blackbox to make for that supposed "5 trillion economy" and "10%" growth, bearing in mind that exporting cheap toys that makes up almost 30% annual growth

Oh yes, 081, you can thank me now.

Oh yes, Now you can thank me

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

bottom line is every industry, except perhaps exporting raw materials, depend on high tech, a byword for IQ. IT is information TECHNOLOGY after all, while simple coding is not technology, but repetitive menial work, which is no fundamentally different from production line t-shirt making

No IT means making cheap toys:rofl:

'India may have competitive edge over China' - Rediff.com Business

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

India has better chances than China in enhancing its competitive position in the next two decades as the country's political-economic system provides an environment more conducive to entrepreneurial, innovative and inventive activity, an influential US think-tank said on Tuesday.

The think-tank, however, said in next two decades, China would continue to maintain technological and economic edge over India, but would have demographic disadvantage over its Asian neighbour.

As India and China continue to grow in prominence, each nation has certain advantages, but neither one is primed to have clear across-the-board competitive advantages over the other, RAND Corporation researchers have said in a report.

While India's prime working-age population will overtake China's in 2028, China has advantages in science and technology, as well as in developing its national defence capabilities, according to the report.

But India's more open and flexible political structure may allow it to move nimbly in making adjustments to its policies and thereby improve its relative performance, perhaps providing it with an advantage over China.

"Because of their population size and tremendous growth, India and China are both nations to watch," said Charles Wolf Jr, lead author of the study and a senior principal researcher with RAND, in a statement.

"What happens in these two countries as they continue to grow will have major repercussions in the rest of the world," he added.

India said this in 2005 :

India will beat China in 2 years
indiaoutsource: India will beat China in 2 years: Mukesh Ambani

October 29, 2005 11:06 IST

Reliance Industries chairman and managing director Mukesh Ambani on Friday said India will overtake China in GDP growth rate within the next two years.

"I believe that over the next two years...2006 or 2007, India will surpass China in terms of its annual GDP growth rate and consistently maintain that," he said in an address on the occasion of the 32nd Foundation Day of the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore.

This would be a historic moment, he said. "For 15-20 years, we have been talking only about China. I am telling you by the time you enter the real world (professional career), India would have absolute potential to surpass China. Not only that, over the next two decades...(India will be ahead of China)".

Noting that when he joined Reliance around 25 years back, opportunities for young people were limited, he said: "In 25 years, things have transformed and today, India is becoming one with the world.

"You can switch your career paths without a sense of anxiety," he told the students, pointing out that he, a chemical engineer, built infocomm business in the year 2000.

"There is excitement in the air", Ambani, who is the chairman of Board of Governors of IIMB, said.

"Unlimited opportunities loom large on the horizon. That does not mean that the path ahead is easy. In fact, it's going to be full of challenges," he cautioned and exhorted the students to continuously renew knowledge and competency, nurture a global mindset and learn to adapt to different social and cultural environments

Now it is 2011 and have India beaten China yet ? LOL

Mukesh Ambani is a private businessman who may say things to benefit his company and not India directly

India never said that it was Mukesh Ambani, i never knew india was a person :lol:

i m getting really confused on so many indian predictions on over take China

It is not "prediction" but cursing.

A lot of American media also curse China saying that China will collapse or go down the toilet etc etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom