What's new

India looking to reverse ban on Pakistani TV channels

I hope Bollywood is banned in Pakistan, Bollywood is bad influence to Pakistani children

Across the barbed wire

Courtesy Images Dawn!
Across the barbed wire

By Zia Mutaher

Urdu film, Border, was released during Eid. It rings a familiar note, as an Indian movie by the same title had become a popular hit with cable viewers more than a year back. It was written and directed by J.P. Dutta. Pakistani Border's script has been written by Jafar Arsh and directed by Iqbal Kashmiri. J.P. Dutta had claimed that his film was based on a true incident during the 1971 Indo-Pak war. He shot it in the desert of Rajasthan. Iqbal Kashmiri has tried to be more imaginative, shifting the scenes from Dubai to Kashmir.

In the Indian movie, the screen echoed with the slogans of, Boley so nihal and Sat siri akal. In the Pakistani flick, it resounds with Nara-e-Takbir. There the claim was that 'One Khalsa is equal to Sawa Lakh'. Here the conviction is that 'One Momin is equal to 10 kafirs'. There, the characters invoked Hindu deities and Sikh Gurus, here there are images of Khana-e-Kaba, and Masjid-e-Nabavi. In Indian Border, Sunny Deol plays the role of Major Kuldeep Singh and is assisted by officers, Sunil Shetty, Akshay Khanna and Jackie Schroff as an airforce pilot. In Pakistan's Border, Shaan is Major Khalid and alongside him are his gymnast friends Moammar Rana and Reema, together with the ubiquitous Badar Munir.

Sunny Deol leaves for the border, against the wish of his weeping wife, played by Tabu. Here Shaan while wining a boxing match against an Indian Major at Dubai, goes on to win the heart of the daughter of the Indian ambassador to Dubai. And guess who plays her regal majesty? None other than our very own tall and slender Sana.

Dubai's skyscrapers stand in awe as Lollywood's dancing darlings Reema and Sana, dance their hearts out for Moammar Rana and Shaan respectively - over sunlit sanddunes and along blue coastlines. Sana flaunting colourful bindiyas and matching saris, follows her boxing boyfriend to Pakistan. She soon appears alongside Shaan, Moammar Rana and Reema, aiming guns at Indian soldiers led by Colonel Vikram (Baber Ali), on the Kashmir border. In Indian Border, Major Kuldeep roars at his Pakistani counterpart, addressing him as, Lahore dey mashhoor goonday and Gunday nalay dee paidaish. In Pakistani Border, Major Khalid (Shaan) glowers at the Indian Colonel, calling him Kuttay and Dehli Ke Mirasi.

In Indian Border, Sunil Shetty playing an Indian army officer, salvages a copy of the Holy Quran from the burning house of an Indian Muslim, and Sunny Deol shows compassion towards a Pakistani prisoner. In Pakistani Border, Shaan and his filmi household led by mother Naghma, showers hospitality upon their Indian guest, the sari-clad Sana.

The one deplorable fact noted is that in the Pakistani movie, derogatory language has been used against Hindus in general (which might be condoned by some with the killings of Muslims taking place in India these days) without keeping in mind that there is a sizable number of Hindus in this country who are its law abiding citizens - from the deserts of Tharparkar to the mountains of Swat. We may have political differences with the Indian Government, but it doesn't mean that we revile in general, the followers of a different faith.

Back to the film, if Indian Border is a crispy war movie, Pakistani Border is also watchable for its moving pace, interesting situations, good photography (though the shots of Lucky Irani Circus and Dubai street-fighting are borrowed). Shaan appears dashing though a little bulky. Moammar Rana and Baber Ali too, have given impressive performances. Reema has danced with her usual thrill and Sana looks charming. Naseebo Lal's songs, composed by Wajahat Atray, are a harmonious blend of Madam Noor Jehan and Reshma, specially the one on Reema - Channa teri chandni ton chan mera sohna. What more to ask for in an entertaining evening.

The movie ends with a reminder for all and sundry that, Musalman badla aur border kabhi nahi bhooltey.

But it is the last song of Indian Border, which raises some relevant questions. Penned by poet Javed Akhtar and composed by Anu Malik, it asks:

Hum apne apne kheton mein
Gehoon ki jagha, chawal ki jagha
Bandooqen kiyon botey hain
jab dono hi ki galyon mein
Kuch bhookey bachchey rotey hain

One can only wish and pray that in future both J.P. Dutta and Iqbal Kashmiri will concentrate more on building bridges of peace, rather than blazing borders.
:lol::rofl::D

What one can expect from a anti India and pro pakistan manmohans singh. :angry: :tdown:

The days of congress are at the end. :tdown:

India will face fake propaganda in India now.
:tdown:

Dont remember then dont claim. btw i can give u the example the border movie based on 1971.Its a war movie.wat u expect that they show love making at the border in tanks?Love making if you want to see watch veer -zara .then again pakistan has problem with zara as pakistani.Btw having watched Shaan,momar ran' and Moammar Rana and Reema border at Fsd do u expect me complaining .oh pakistanis have full of bias against india or should i raise the parcham of victimhood like you.

Its war movie and should be watched as such.Btw i wonder if you have watched dhokha.do watch it.

Well sir i will claim because i have seen them.

But the movie you are talking about, i haven't watched that.

Movies of 1990's were full of bias openly against muslims and pakistanis so it is possible that pakistanis responded with 2 or 3 movies.

I hope Bollywood is banned in Pakistan, Bollywood is bad influence to Pakistani children
Its simple you dont wana watch then dont do.why impose your choice on others.Btw by banning do u really think that bollywood wont be watched in pakistan.I dont think so.

Good Indian superpower hyperpower doesn't allow freedom of voice and freedom of media eh?

India also have fundamental right of free movement anyone can move and settle anywhere in India it.

But it doesn't mean we provide this right to very one say terrorist can move and settle in India freely.

Indian laws are for Indians.

BTW, why not ask biggest super power ever and higher then mountain friend to allow freedom of media in china????

Oh.....forget about media they don't allow even chinese to express their feelings freely.

And u have no problem with it...........hippocrasy on ur part???????

Well sir i will claim because i have seen them.

But the movie you are talking about, i haven't watched that.

Movies of 1990's were full of bias openly against muslims and pakistanis so it is possible that pakistanis responded with 2 or 3 movies.
arrey bhai movie entertainment ke liya banaya jata hai
kuch chinese movies anti Japan yaa anti england hoti hai
kuch US movies anti russian hoti hai
james bond ki sari movie main koi na koi country ko galat definitely hota hai
per iska real life se koi relation nahi hai
aap movie se itna inspire mat ho jaiyye
aap sayad gadar ki baat kar rahe hain
but woh bhi ek movie hai just for entertainment,dil pe mat lo
:undecided:

arrey bhai movie entertainment ke liya banaya jata hai
kuch chinese movies anti Japan yaa anti england hoti hai
kuch US movies anti russian hoti hai
james bond ki sari movie main koi na koi country ko galat definitely hota hai
per iska real life se koi relation nahi hai
aap movie se itna inspire mat ho jaiyye
aap sayad gadar ki baat kar rahe hain
but woh bhi ek movie hai just for entertainment,dil pe mat lo
:undecided:

Tu phir entertainment ke liay banao propaganda ke liay na banao.

Dude no Pakistani media has shown bad light on Hindus or India... On the other hand Indias propoganda news channel, they are full of $hit about Pakistan and Muslims... Maybe this is why Indian Muslims go on bombing campaign in India cuz they know they arent getting their full rights by anti Muslim parties BJP, RSS, and Shiv Sena. Truely, a sad position for Muslims in India. Even In Hyderabad they were safe, when Nawab of Hyder said he wanted his territory to go to Islamic Republic of Pakistan, but what happened? Hindus stole that territory, and now those same Hindus who stole territory from that Nawab are crying about Kashmir. Where is the Nawab of Hyder now? No mueseum for in Hyderabad, no recognition of him, and his offspring are probably sitting in a slum in Hyderabad.

Vicious anti-India propaganda in Pakistan on Water issues | Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses

Pak media publish 'fake' WikiLeaks cables attacking India for false propaganda

Pak media publish fake WikiLeaks cables attacking India for false propaganda

Pakistan papers apologise after running anti-India fake WikiLeaks cables - Times Of India

WikiLeaks fake cables

http://www.asianage.com/international/pak-papers-sorry-fake-wikileaks-780

ToIlet always posts fake $hit... Just look at the comments they say about Indian Musims Zakir Bhai :D

Back
Top Bottom