What's new

India launches its 1st indigenous aircraft carrier INS Vikrant

I do not know how old this picture is, but can anyone tell me if this is in anyway related to
the aircraft carrier?

5dyy.jpg

Only the hull is seen in these pictures. The control tower is being separately assembled, it will
be attached to the deck after it's fabrication is complete - just like how the stern, bow and ski-jump
etc. were assembled separately but adjoined with the hull within last 1 month.

Thanks for the info.

Firstly, politics aside, I think it is great for Asia that India too are rapidly getting stronger.
We need a multi polar world where we are not just dominated by the USA.

Good luck India. Hope to hear more good news on this brand new carrier :tup:

Watched the news on Aljazeera.....they cannot just stop themselves from taking a dig at Indian Poverty even in this news segment.

This Timesnow Reporter is a TWAT ! He always says bad things even when India did its best with IAC 1 .These kinda reporters wont even build a Paper Ship on their Own

Last edited by a moderator:
This Timesnow Reporter is a TWAT ! He always says bad things even when India did its best with IAC 1 .These kinda reporters wont even build a Paper Ship on their Own

Last edited by a moderator:
you're a trolling retard. How many "launches" a ship has? 20?

It's 30% completion without an island, without elevators, without pulpusion systems, without any electronics, cable wires, ec, without any self-defence weapons, without radars, without interiors, I bet you even without indoor-plumbing and closed sewage systems inside yet ... you name it. Nothing! --- all these will depend on the countless vendors from the entire world: US, UK, Italy, Russia, France, Israel, Germany... (oh, I forgot to China into the list , as eventually most mechanic stuff that it will add come from China originally)

just with a big hole in the middle of this crap (even the ship front paintwork looks extremely dodgy to be honest) and 2 lines of workshop slums on top, is this your 81 IQ's definition of "launch"?

And a HUGE official ceremony with an IQ 52 claim that " India being the 5th country able to build carriers after US, UK, Russia, and France". :omghaha: :rofl: :lol:

1 week later, it will be dragged into the dry dock to repaint, then "launch" again... and again?

:rofl: pretty retarded, isn't it?

Congrads India for showing the world what retardation means! :omghaha:

what a low IQ dimwit.

look at what your countrymen said:

BEIJING: The launch of INS Vikrant has raised hackles in China, with Chinese defence experts saying the aircraft carrier would have great significance for India as it would allow the Indian Navy to wade into the Pacific Ocean - which Beijing considers as its backyard.

"This bears great significance to Indian Navy. It makes India only the fifth country after the US, Russia, Britain and France to have such capabilities," senior captain Zhang Junshe, vice-president of China's Naval Research Institute, told the state-run CCTV on Monday.

Too much work still to be done,..
Looks like 30-40% of hull work is done, and they have given extra effort on front side just to get it ready for launch.
But still thumps up for kochi shipyard..

Chinese buy it from Ukraine and it is complete at first step. No percentage wise completion like 15K/40K tons or 3/8 complete! It is near completion
So if it is 50% complete, it will be very near completion

etc. right

Are you further confirming yourselves nuts?

We bought it from Ukraine. We never said it was built from scratch. It was a rusty steel block that managed to float on water without a propeller.

Get it!

You are right, it is not near completion by a strech. In only reached a reasonable mile stone. Its a pretty nifty acheivement for the ship yard and maritime industry in India in general.

You have to forgive our news media.

Forgiven! It looks more like the surface of a giant ironing board than an aircraft carrier to me.

$5 say this floating toilet won't be in service before 2025. don't shoot me. i'm just using logic based on kolkata class ddg, which launched long ago and are much much smaller and closer to completion than this :lol:

No wonder you are thanked more than the total number of posts u have here. Lot of India related articles and far more space to troll and a lot more people to listen and a better number to like and a few of em to thank..

Sad, but hey we made a toilet so big that it made a troll Pi$$ in his pants. Just kidding!! enjoy the moment, will ya!:disagree:

On a side note, This is being built by a different Shipyard. A shipyard which has no experience in War ship building and yet it surpassed the country you hail from. Bug off..

Are you further confirming yourselves nuts?

We bought it from Ukraine. We never said it was built from scratch. It was a rusty steel block that managed to float on water without a propeller.

Get it!

Forgiven! It looks more like the surface of a giant ironing board than an aircraft carrier to me.

Sweet! well if that is it?? why did u manage to buy this in the first place?? you could have made it if it were so simple?

Several reasons.

1. Its expensive, very few nations can afford to run carriers of that size, maintain and protect it.

There's nothing Middle Eastern countries cannot buy at least materialistically.

I am talking about a smaller sized carrier somewhere between 25-30k ton category.

2. There are still classified systems on the carriers, especially the catapults. Even the Russians couldn't make it feasible on their ships.

Ah I forgot, you guys make catapult launched jets.

3. Exporting aircraft carriers is almost like exporting SSBNs. That is a very dangerous weapons platform to give to a country.

Russia sold us the Gorshkov (though not entirely as we financed the 75% cutting edge equipment on it after it was destroyed by fire).
I am talking about a conventional carrier, not a nuclear propelled one.

Watched the news on Aljazeera.....they cannot just stop themselves from taking a dig at Indian Poverty even in this news segment.

Wonder what's with that channel.

Poverty is a serious concern but we can manage that only if we are safe.

No wonder Bush bombed their news building during Iraq war.. :lol:.

Sweet! well if that is it?? why did u manage to buy this in the first place?? you could have made it if it were so simple?

We bought it as a platform for the development of our AC projects. We had no experience of building or operating a CVN before. All the important components in the Ukraine vessel was completely dismantled before we towed it from port of Ukraine to China.

indians cheerleading mode is on. I have never seen any other country who will celebrate so much for launching a ship which is just 37.5% complete!

We bought it as a platform for the development of our AC projects. We had no experience of building or operating a CVN before. All the important components in the Ukraine vessel was completely dismantled before we towed it from port of Ukraine to China.

indians cheerleading mode is on. I have never seen any other country who will celebrate so much of launching a ship which is just 37.5% complete!

Its our party and you are not invited.

So please stay out from this thread. and come back when you have the ability to make your own AC.

indians cheerleading is on mode. I have never seen any other country who will celebrate so much of launching a ship which is just 37.5% complete!

Your country must either be very poor when it comes to Producing Military grade steel or must lack poor fabrication skill though has some of the giants in the industry. De assembling a carrier and assembling in Chinese waters? what were you guys thinking?!!!

As far as India is concerned. Our Game, Our Rules. We made it from scratch dude, and if we are confident this baby will float with a half completed work , we are free to launch it. We are not pitching it for War.

Back
Top Bottom