What's new

India lags behind Pakistan in nuclear armoury: US expert

Hi,

Some of my pakistani colleagues are unable to understand what india is going through---just because it doesnot meet their criteria of growth, they beleive that it is not happening.

You see---india has taken a different path towards growth. The have acknowledged that fact that the majority will never be well off---regardless of what you do to them---they will stay the same. So, india had decided to invest in those, who can make the difference---and by looking at what india is going through right now---that strategy has worked very well for them.

India has taken on the challenge of the intellectuals to move the country ahead at all costs---the poor of india will ultimately be left behind. India has decided that it cannot wait for the poor to get in line with the remaining india to move ahead.

So---in the end---there will remain many faces of india---the urban---the rural and those who want to make the change-----those who are making the change---those who cannot make the change due to a thousand and one reasons. India feels sorry for them----in being truthful to itself and to its future and upcoming generations, it cannot be be held back by the weight of its poor.

The poor will have to make do on their own and they will get their assistance from the state---but india has chosen its priorities for now.
it is not like that my friend...just visit the GOI and states websites..you will find a lot of schemes of development for everyone, in every sector healthcare, sanitation, education, women empowerment etc. have u heard of NREGA ?? it is GOI initiative to provide minimum 100 days of work to everyone and this is one of the reason of increase in domestic consumption. GoI provides the people BPL 30 kgs of wheat at 3 rs kg and 35 kg of rice at rs 2, through public distribution system where v lack is in the execution part bcoz of widescale corruption. but with the introduction of Right to Information Act and increasing awareness among the masses that hopefully will reduce. Hopefully nobody will lag behind

regards

Pak has more nukes than Ind.
So that means Ind is weaker than Pak? and pak has an upperhand in case of war?
Its hard to understand!
What about other fields?
Navy,Airforce,Army?
India has a much much bigger and stronger navy,army and air force when compared to Pak.
That is what matters.

Hi,

Some of my pakistani colleagues are unable to understand what india is going through---just because it doesnot meet their criteria of growth, they beleive that it is not happening.

You see---india has taken a different path towards growth. The have acknowledged that fact that the majority will never be well off---regardless of what you do to them---they will stay the same. So, india had decided to invest in those, who can make the difference---and by looking at what india is going through right now---that strategy has worked very well for them.

India has taken on the challenge of the intellectuals to move the country ahead at all costs---the poor of india will ultimately be left behind. India has decided that it cannot wait for the poor to get in line with the remaining india to move ahead.

So---in the end---there will remain many faces of india---the urban---the rural and those who want to make the change-----those who are making the change---those who cannot make the change due to a thousand and one reasons. India feels sorry for them----in being truthful to itself and to its future and upcoming generations, it cannot be be held back by the weight of its poor.

The poor will have to make do on their own and they will get their assistance from the state---but india has chosen its priorities for now.

That is quite a fascinating way to look at it....

Pak has more nukes than Ind.
So that means Ind is weaker than Pak? and pak has an upperhand in case of war?
Its hard to understand!
What about other fields?
Navy,Airforce,Army?
India has a much much bigger and stronger navy,army and air force when compared to Pak.
That is what matters.

Hi,

Sir, It is a hype----pakistan doesnot have more nukes than india---just look at the number of reactors india has and how long has their nuc program is in operation.

The number of nukes that we both have as of today is more than enough to bring the rest of the world to its knees if only half of them were exploded.

India would need about ten nukes to neutralize pakistan completely----with pakistan's geographical situation---the after effects of nuc fallout in india would take some time.

But on the other hand if---if pak is to successfully launch 25 nucs over southern india or half way down---you are talking about a disaster of mega proportions---you are talking about nuc fallout out to engulf all of south asia in a month or two---the move on towards new zealnd and australia---and depending on the wind directions---within a year---possibly more than half thwe world would be contaminated---.

But on the day of the nuc war----the world economic markets would crash---the industry would come to a standstill---within 24 to 72 hours---most of the western nations might have to enforce MARTIAL-LAW in their countries to keep control over uncertain conditions.

The nuc strikes would not be targetted to each other---the gulf oil delivery will become a target---destruction of oil refineries and shipping lines in that region---.

Thsi nuc war is a total disaster for the world and for our children and their future.

So---let us not worry about the numbers game---it is well beyond the destruction threshold of our whole region and more.

it is not like that my friend...just visit the GOI and states websites..you will find a lot of schemes of development for everyone, in every sector healthcare, sanitation, education, women empowerment etc. have u heard of NREGA ?? it is GOI initiative to provide minimum 100 days of work to everyone and this is one of the reason of increase in domestic consumption. GoI provides the people BPL 30 kgs of wheat at 3 rs kg and 35 kg of rice at rs 2, through public distribution system where v lack is in the execution part bcoz of widescale corruption. but with the introduction of Right to Information Act and increasing awareness among the masses that hopefully will reduce. Hopefully nobody will lag behind

regards

Hi,

Sir---I understand and know what you are saying. If you read my post again----you will see that is the same thing I am saying---but with different words.

But there is no doubt about the fact where indias priorities are---and they lie with tech base for advancement.

Hi,

Sir, It is a hype----pakistan doesnot have more nukes than india---just look at the number of reactors india has and how long has their nuc program is in operation.

The number of nukes that we both have as of today is more than enough to bring the rest of the world to its knees if only half of them were exploded.

India would need about ten nukes to neutralize pakistan completely----with pakistan's geographical situation---the after effects of nuc fallout in india would take some time.

But on the other hand if---if pak is to successfully launch 25 nucs over southern india or half way down---you are talking about a disaster of mega proportions---you are talking about nuc fallout out to engulf all of south asia in a month or two---the move on towards new zealnd and australia---and depending on the wind directions---within a year---possibly more than half thwe world would be contaminated---.

But on the day of the nuc war----the world economic markets would crash---the industry would come to a standstill---within 24 to 72 hours---most of the western nations might have to enforce MARTIAL-LAW in their countries to keep control over uncertain conditions.

The nuc strikes would not be targetted to each other---the gulf oil delivery will become a target---destruction of oil refineries and shipping lines in that region---.

Thsi nuc war is a total disaster for the world and for our children and their future.

So---let us not worry about the numbers game---it is well beyond the destruction threshold of our whole region and more.
absolutely right, but i think only one nuclear will be more than enough to stop the war. nobody wants to destroy their own country. look you can defeat india only through econmoic might bcoz nobody would like to have a nuclear war and at the end everyone will be on the loosing side. india has enough resources to compel pakistan to invest on militarily rather than on economic develpment. a leson learnt from cold war.

regrads

Hi,

Sir---I understand and know what you are saying. If you read my post again----you will see that is the same thing I am saying---but with different words.

But there is no doubt about the fact where indias priorities are---and they lie with tech base for advancement.
sir, the things that i understood from ur previous post is that v are leaving majority of our poplation and looking for selective growth, but actually we are looking for inclusive growth. BJP lost bcoz of india shining mantra. Congress won because of good work in his first tenure and inclusive growth. sir, most of the people have perception that india is very poor and have a hell lot of poor, but it is not reality, empowerment of people is taking place at a rapid place and i.e., the boon of democracy moving from immaturity to maturity.

Hi,

Very well said Mastankhan. It is the bitter truth, the poor will still need a lot more effort to get out of poverty.
One shining example is in Bihar, where I was reading a person runs a Residential School for poor and trains them to top IIT entrance. Its know as Super 30 or some thing. This school was in the world headlines. This and many many other charitable organizations are involved in imparting professional training and other programs. The results are showing and India is indeed moving forward.

But I would still say as I said earlier, that Pakistan does have if not more but an equal number of active nuclear heads, which can be assembled in short notice.
Indias' priority does not lie in increasing Nuclear weapons but development, that is the main reason the GOI has applied a self imposed moratorium on all nuclear weapons. GOI is against nuclear proliferation and in this regard it does not consider any one to be its friend. It is Indias' dream to have a nuclear weapons free world, this concept was first brought up in UNO by India, which now is being realized by all major powers to be a logical concept.
Future weapons on which all major powers are working on, including India, is space based weapons and lasers.

The Nuclear bomb is a vintage concept, which is more noisy and polluting, we are moving forward into high tech new generation weapons.

But I would still say as I said earlier, that Pakistan does have if not more but an equal number of active nuclear heads, which can be assembled in short notice.
Indias' priority does not lie in increasing Nuclear weapons but development, that is the main reason the GOI has applied a self imposed moratorium on all nuclear weapons. GOI is against nuclear proliferation and in this regard it does not consider any one to be its friend. It is Indias' dream to have a nuclear weapons free world, this concept was first brought up in UNO by India, which now is being realized by all major powers to be a logical concept.
Future weapons on which all major powers are working on, including India, is space based weapons and lasers.

The Nuclear bomb is a vintage concept, which is more noisy and polluting, we are moving forward into high tech new generation weapons.

on one hand u are saying india is in favour of nuclear free world on other hand india is interested in making space based weapon which would be surely deadly weapons :rolleyes: it is india who started nuclear race in this region :devil:

sir, the things that i understood from ur previous post is that v are leaving majority of our poplation and looking for selective growth, but actually we are looking for inclusive growth. BJP lost bcoz of india shining mantra. Congress won because of good work in his first tenure and inclusive growth. sir, most of the people have perception that india is very poor and have a hell lot of poor, but it is not reality, empowerment of people is taking place at a rapid place and i.e., the boon of democracy moving from immaturity to maturity.

Hi,

Let me clear it---india is looking for selective growth so that in due time---when they reach their potential, they can carry the weight of the less fortunate who have been left behind and who want to make a better life for themselves.

In order for you to win and against odds of close to 800 million poor stacked against----there is no way but selective growth for india---.

You have a billion dollars---you give it to each indian and they can only buy one loaf of bread with it---you can eat it in the morning and defecate it the next day and there goes your billion---but if you give the billion dollars to a 100 investors to invest in industry and train ten thousand people to operate and run the machinery---these jobs created will have a higher pay scale than average----when these people start making more money than average---they would want and need to spend that money somewhere as well---which will create a multiplier effect of growth---that effect of growth is trickling down in india alongwith the support from the govt.

If the private sector did not have that growth in jobs and higher than above average salaries for their workers--the govt subsidies would have done nothing for the poor.

But still, in this hard earned venture---there will be those, who will never be able to make it.

Like here in the U S---even with all the oppurtunities, there are still a small group of people who can never get themselves out of the web.

In case of india---with such a huge population living under less fortunate conditions is going to be a monumental effort to get them to the next pleateau from where they are at now.

Please don't get me wrong---I am all praises for india for utilizing the oppurtune moment to make the life of some of its citizens better.

But nobody can win them all.

Last edited:

Hi,

You are correct----a dead man is a dead man---we have enough to kill us all and a lots of our neighbours near and far---so does it make any difference if we make 2 more or ten more.

We have already reached that threshold of no returns.

on one hand u are saying india is in favour of nuclear free world on other hand india is interested in making space based weapon which would be surely deadly weapons :rolleyes: it is india who started nuclear race in this region :devil:

Yes they are High tech Precision weapons with little or no collateral damage.
IE- They would be effective in wiping out terrorist camps but leave the common people unharmed.

rather than having an eternal party and hours long debates on what basis India lags behind Pakistan , Pakistanis should work hard to concentrate on the points on which India is ahead of them!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom