What's new

India/Islam: Muslims lag behind then other minorities in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I would say OBCs are most powerful as a community in India...neither Brahmans nor Dalits...they enjoy social status as well the perks associated with reservation.

In today's India, OBCs form the core of the Hinduism..not Brahmans nor anyone else.
i am not aware of that situ - some moslims may prefer OBC but a majority of them may prefer being Brahmans... what is the take on this ???

i am not aware of that situ - some moslims may prefer OBC but a majority of them may prefer being Brahmans... what is the take on this ???

The primary factors which determines which caste they enter is based on their existing caste in Islam (oh yes, there are castes in Islam in India). For example if a Muslim Jat reverts to Hinduism he will be a Hindu Jat. In other cases it can depend upon other factors which might vary on a case by case basis.

Sorry but I'm not that qualified for a thorough psycho-analysis of as reverting Muslim mind.

From what i understand ----> India is gonna be a superpower in the future as india's clout grows there would be a tendency to move more towards hinduism and which would happen mean defacto the brahmans would have more power, so it is safe to assume a muslim/jain/christian/sikh/tamil who ever wants to convert back to hinduism would prefer a higher caste than a lower caste.. just my opinion here!!!!

I doubt that. Brahmans are like 5-7% of the total population, and hold no political clout whatsoever. Indian Democracy its all a number game.

Even then if someone converts to Hinduism and wants to be a Brahman, he can be one, change his surname to a Brahman sounding one(not necessary), and enroll in the census with that name, and shazaaam you are a Brahman. No one will come and ask you to prove your "Brahmanness".

So if a Christian or a Muslim wants to convert to Hinduism, he/she can be whatever caste he/she wants to be, or they can just be a Hindu without a caste, no one will question that either.

The primary factors which determines which caste they enter is based on their existing caste in Islam (oh yes, there are castes in Islam in India). For example if a Muslim Jat reverts to Hinduism he will be a Hindu Jat.--(valid point)

In other cases it can depend upon other factors which might vary on a case by case basis -- (i would assume this is what exactly who ever wants to convert back to hinduism might want to know) as mentioned earlier what is the mechanism ????

Sorry but I'm not that qualified for a thorough psycho-analysis of as reverting Muslim mind.
the question is simple if majority of muslim/jains/sikhs/tamils want to convert back to hinduism and if they chose Brahman as their caste .. what is the take on it ?

I doubt that. Brahmans are like 5-7% of the total population, and hold no political clout whatsoever. Source please ??

I would like to see the precentage of adminstrative officals based on their caste.

the question is simple if majority of muslim/jains/sikhs/tamils want to convert back to hinduism and if they chose Brahman as their caste .. what is the take on it ?

Dont think one can chose which caste he/she will join.. If that was possible, there would have been no caste system ..

Dont think one can chose which caste he/she will join.. If that was possible, there would have been no caste system ..

If muslim/jains/sikhs/tamils want to convert back to hinduism what caste would they get in and who chooses the caste ? or if there is a mechanism to handle the mass conversion ?

would the same mechanism apply if anyone else like white europeans and black africans want to join hinduism ?

If muslim/jains/sikhs/tamils want to convert back to hinduism what caste would they get in and who chooses the caste ? or if there is a mechanism to handle the mass conversion ?

No idea.. Do let me know if you find out..

the question is simple if majority of muslim/jains/sikhs/tamils want to convert back to hinduism and if they chose Brahman as their caste ..

Jains = already so integrated into the Hindu mainstream that there is no visible difference...they co-exist peacefully with respect to the similarities we share and acknowledgement of the differences. They celebrate our festivals and there is no need as such to "convert" anyone.

Sikhs = almost same as above..except they are more conscious of the differences and we respect that.

Muslims = not much to add except previous post.

Tamils = WTF ?! Most of us are already Hindus..Combining a linguistic group with religions is foolish

No idea.. Do let me know if you find out..

Sure will do let you know -- Looks like some people want to construct building similar to burj dubai without any foundation.

Jains = already so integrated into the Hindu mainstream that there is no visible difference...they co-exist peacefully with respect to the similarities we share and acknowledgement of the differences. They celebrate our festivals and there is no need as such to "convert" anyone. (Agreed)

Sikhs = almost same as above..except they are more conscious of the differences and we respect that. (do not know much so wont comment - (but what if a sikh wants to convert back to hinduism what mechanism would apply)

Muslims = not much to add except previous post. (no worries i have the same question, lets find the answer together :))

Tamils = WTF ?! Most of us are already Hindus..Combining a linguistic group with religions is foolish
tamils are not a caste no ?

Source please ??

I would like to see the precentage of adminstrative officals based on their caste.

brahamins_table_20070604.jpg

india_brahimns_map_20070604.jpg

Falling percentage of Brahmin MPs elected in the Hindi belt

1984: 19.91%
1989: 12.44%
1998: 12.44%
1999: 11.3%
2007: The present Lok Sabha has only 50 Brahmin MPs nationwide. That's 9.17 per cent of the total strength of the House.

Brahmans were over represented in the administrative services in the 50's, 60's. Not anymore. But that had nothing to do with caste, Brahmans were the most educated back in the days, which is why they excelled in the civil services exams.

This from 2005,

In the beginning, the quotas for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes were rarely filled, due to lack of qualified candidates. With the spread of education among them and the emergence of a middle class coming from lower castes, the reserved posts are presently being filled.

In the surveyed sample of 50 IAS officers, 6 were Brahmins, 5 Kshatriyas (mostly Rajput), 4 Banias, 10 from agrarian dominant castes (Jat, Bhumihar, Kamma), 15 OBCs (Kurmi, Yadav, Naidu, Christians and Muslims), 7 SCs (Chamar, Mahar, Mala) and 3 STs (Banjara, Irukala, Kishan).

tamils are not a caste no ?

Are you a canadian ?

p.s.: If a Sikh wants to revert to Hinduism he just becomes a Hindu "whatever" he was in Sikhism..like a Sikh Jatt or Sikh Rajput or Sikh Khatri etc.

brahamins_table_20070604.jpg

india_brahimns_map_20070604.jpg

Brahmans were over represented in the administrative services in the 50's, 60's. Not anymore. But that had nothing to do with caste, Brahmans were the most educated back in the days, which is why they excelled in the civil services exams.

This from 2005,
i do belive what you are saying, i need a source thx in advance.

Are you a canadian ?

p.s.: If a Sikh wants to revert to Hinduism he just becomes a Hindu "whatever" he was in Sikhism..like a Sikh Jatt or Sikh Rajput or Sikh Khatri etc.
So the Sikh clergy will be Brahman priests thx again for the confirmation :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom