What's new

India/Islam: Muslims lag behind then other minorities in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thank my ancestors for not migrating to pak during 1947 and choose to stay back in India if they did we would have lived in a great mess and regret

@Harpoon Buddy... You can also enlightened Bilal Bhai what happened to those Mappilas of Kerala after they migrated to Pakistan and his so called well-off theory.

They were treated shabbily by their Pakistani Ummah brothers and disillusioned they chose to return to India, but as many took Pakistani passports they were looked upon with suspicion in India and when they were deported back to Pakistan, they called them 'Indian Spies' and send them right back. Frustrated at this many burned their Pakistani passports. Now their lives are in a limbo and now they don't belong to neither India or Pakistan.

We refer here to the 300-odd people who, along with the general exodus, migrated to Lahore and Karachi during Partition. At that point, they were under the impression that as good Muslims, they were supporting the creation of Muslim Pakistan.

Disillusionment was swift -- even before they really found their feet in the newly created land, they were deported as 'infiltrators'. Thus, they returned to the Malabar area -- and since then, have lived in the twilight zone, belonging to neither India nor Pakistan.

This is how Pakistani treated Muslims immigrating to their land.

Rediff On The NeT: The nowhere people - the Pakistani citizens of Malabar

Exiles In Their Homeland By K.A.Shaji

Pakistani member show concern for indian muslim as if They are the 'Godfather' of all the muslims.

Apna ghar to samhala nahi jaata,Padosi ki sikayat karte hain...

What's you take on Bhartiis starting threads over Baluchistan ????

It seems like Bhartiis don't have any thing to say on topic and as usual dragging Pakistan to hide their shame

Pakistani member show concern for indian muslim as if They are the 'Godfather' of all the muslims.

Apna ghar to samhala nahi jaata,Padosi ki sikayat karte hain...[/QUOTE

Baluchistan is your internal matter , why should we care ? if wanna genocide in Baluchistan like Bengal, go and do it .. it is not our concern.

It seems like Bhartiis don't have any thing to say on topic and as usual dragging Pakistan to hide their shame

We are ready to talk about Muslims condition all about the word ... but question is are you ready for that ... including China ????

I thank my ancestors for not migrating to pak during 1947 and choose to stay back in India if they did we would have lived in a great mess and regret

Assuming you are not a troll.

It's okay bro, I know you have to say these kind of things when you live in India. If you didn't, some extremist hindu (backed by a certain party) migh target you or your community. If I was in your position I would curse pakistan every morning and afternoon too, just to keep my family safe.

We are ready to talk about Muslims condition all about the word ... but question is are you ready for that ... including China ????

You can start a seprate thread for that, the topic of this thread is "India/Islam: Muslims lag behind then other minorities in India"
Now tell me who Pakistan & It's matters are related to the conditions of Muslims in India?

It's okay bro, I know you have to say these kind of things when you live in India. If you didn't, some extremist hindu (backed by a certain party) migh target you or your community. If I was in your position I would curse pakistan every morning and afternoon too, just to keep my family safe.

...assuming it was not a cheapshot.

I wonder why then are pakistanis leaving the land of Milk and Honey and flocking EU and even India for asylum.

If I was a Pakistani I will curse India day and night and will sing praise to Jinnah and his super duper 2 nation theory so that ISI don't 'vanish' me.

You can start a seprate thread for that, the topic of this thread is "India/Islam: Muslims lag behind then other minorities in India"
Now tell me who Pakistan & It's matters are related to the conditions of Muslims in India?

You can't even right a grammatical correct sentence.

What wrong he has said after seeing the ethnic tension in Karachi or the way Biharis were cheated by Pakistani masses or the Mappilas. After surviving a riot, leaving everything behind, loosing beloved ones in the harsh journey, Sindhis welcomed these Muhajirs with word Makhar(Locust)(Courtesy: Pakistan A Hard country by Anatol Lieben).

India/Islam: Muslims lag behind other minorities in India according to a Report

NEW YORK, 18 Rabi al-Thani/11 March (IINA)-The Indian Muslims, who have suffered decades of social and economic neglect, are complaining of unfulfilled politicians’ promises of benefits, including quotas in government jobs, like those available for low-caste Hindus, according to a US media report. “We are way behind them,” Murtaza Mansuri, who repairs rickshaws for a living, told New York Times on Saturday.

“Reservation is essential for Muslims. If we don’t get education, we will remain backward, while others move forward and forward,” he was quoted as saying in the course of a dispatch published Saturday on the deteriorating situation of long-suffering Muslims in India. Living for decades close to the Dalits, the low-caste Hindus once known as untouchables, Mansuri said the Hindus were getting government jobs, or slots in public universities, opportunities that have meant stable salaries and nicer homes.

Leaving Muslims behind, the affirmative action quota for low-caste Hindus, a policy known in India as reservation, made life harder for the religious minority, the Times said.

In education, employment and economic status, Muslims felt under persistent discrimination in a Hindu-majority nation. Muslims are also more likely to live in villages without schools or medical facilities, a landmark government report found in 2006, and less likely to qualify for bank loans, the report said.

“We also fought against the British for Indian independence,” said Hafiz Aftab, president of the All-India Muttahida Mahaz, an organization that has led protests on behalf of Muslim preferences. “We lost so many of our brightest people. But after freedom, the government didn’t make any efforts to uplift Muslims,” he was quoted as saying.

Feeling betrayed by politicians, Muslim voters in India’s most populous state of Uttar Pradesh dealt a heavy a blow last week to the country’s ruling Congress Party, the regional Samajwadi Party to meet their aspirations for a better life, the Times said.

“These Scheduled Castes were the most deprived people socially and economically in Uttar Pradesh,” said Aftab in an interview before the state elections. “Now they are the ruling class. This is the result of 64 years of reservation.”

As the reservation policies were codified in the Indian constitution, analysts decried the politicians’ use of the Scheduled Castes to carve out new vote banks. “Our Constitution says we should not provide reservation on the grounds of religion,” said Mufti Julfiquar Ali, a Muslim leader in Uttar Pradesh. “But basically, reservation was given on the grounds of religion. A Muslim washerman got no reservation, but a Hindu washerman got one. Hindu carpenters will get reservation, but the Muslim carpenter will not.”

There are some 140 million Muslims in India and they have long complained of being discriminated against in all walks of life, the newspaper said. Muslims complain of decades of social and economic neglect and oppression.

Official figures reveal Muslims log lower educational levels and higher unemployment rates than the Hindu majority and other minorities like Christians and Sikhs. They account for less than seven percent of public service employees, only five percent of railways workers, around four percent of banking employees and there are only 29,000 Muslims in India’s 1.3 million-strong military.
A 2006 report, known as the Sachar Committee report, looked into the socio-economic and educational backwardness of Muslims in the country and suggested various remedial measures. The recommendations included setting up educational facilities, modernization of madrassas, creation of job opportunities and steps to increase the community’s representation in public services.

Only a complete scraping of the caste system would bring democracy to India Muslims, said Yogendra Yadav, a leading political scientist in New Delhi. “In India, the deepening of democracy will not happen by erasing all caste-community boundaries,” he was quoted as saying.

“I see it as the next stage of social justice in India.” But Badruddin, an older Muslim man who uses one name, wanted the benefit to provide better future for Muslims with secured government jobs that provided stability, according to the Times. “The Scheduled Castes are better off than we are because they are in government jobs,” he said. “Once you have a government job, you will be uplifted.”

India/Islam: Muslims lag behind other minorities in India according to a Report

India can no longer be called a secular state. The only reason Indian's defend this concept of India being secular is because otherwise other minorities are entitled to their own states like Sikhs with Khalistan. IMO it is inevitable as India is not secular we will see more trouble within Indian borders and I don't think Americans will be able to help

India can no longer be called a secular state. The only reason Indian's defend this concept of India being secular is because otherwise other minorities are entitled to their own states like Sikhs with Khalistan. IMO it is inevitable as India is not secular we will see more trouble within Indian borders and I don't think Americans will be able to help

And this comes from a Pakistani :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom