What's new

India is like home to me: Adnan Sami

faisal6309

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

620025-adnan-1382281445-130-640x480.JPG

Singer Adnan Sami came back into the limelight a week ago, but for all the wrong reasons. The 44-year-old Britain-born Sami was issued a notice to leave India immediately after his visa expired. The film wing of the extremist Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navnirman Chitrapat Karmachari Sena (MNS) also refused to offer any help.

“We told Sami that our priority would be our artistes,” wing President Amey Khopkar told the Press Trust of India. “We have a lot of talented artistes of our own and do not need Pakistanis to come and sing here. Besides, whatever money he earns here, he probably sends to Pakistan, and that country will be using the same money against us. So, he has to leave the country.” However, it was later revealed that the union home ministry granted Sami a three-month visa extension from October 6, the same day his earlier document had expired.

Despite being of Pakistani origin, Sami has been living in India for several years and has sung a number of Bollywood hits. And even though the authorities told him off and turned their backs on him, he remains loyal to the country. “I have been living here [in India] for the last 14 years. It has been my workplace since then. I have not spent [as much] time anywhere else as I have in India,” said Sami in an interview to IANS. “So, I am attached with this country. It is like a home to me.”

The singer-composer’s last visa was valid from September 26, 2012 to October 6 this year. He applied for an extension on September 14 as per the standard procedure that he had been following for the past several years. Now that his visa has been extended, Sami is overjoyed.

Published in The Express Tribune, October 21st, 2013.

Source:
India is like home to me: Adnan Sami – The Express Tribune

The authoroties turned on him because his visa expired.

Regardless, he is welcome to come back,

I like his work.

The film wing of the extremist Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navnirman Chitrapat Karmachari Sena (MNS) also refused to offer any help.

So Bhanja has begun exploiting bollywood....nice money to make there.

The film wing of the extremist Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navnirman Chitrapat Karmachari Sena (MNS) also refused to offer any help.

So Bhanja has begun exploiting bollywood....nice money to make there.

Adnan Sami is a wise man. :)

On topic: That's a minor visa problem, he is welcome here.

Singer Adnan Sami came back into the limelight a week ago, but for all the wrong reasons. The 44-year-old Britain-born Sami was issued a notice to leave India immediately after his visa expired. The film wing of the extremist Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navnirman Chitrapat Karmachari Sena (MNS) also refused to offer any help.

“We told Sami that our priority would be our artistes,” wing President Amey Khopkar told the Press Trust of India. “We have a lot of talented artistes of our own and do not need Pakistanis to come and sing here. Besides, whatever money he earns here, he probably sends to Pakistan, and that country will be using the same money against us. So, he has to leave the country.” However, it was later revealed that the union home ministry granted Sami a three-month visa extension from October 6, the same day his earlier document had expired.

Despite being of Pakistani origin, Sami has been living in India for several years and has sung a number of Bollywood hits. And even though the authorities told him off and turned their backs on him, he remains loyal to the country. “I have been living here [in India] for the last 14 years. It has been my workplace since then. I have not spent [as much] time anywhere else as I have in India,” said Sami in an interview to IANS. “So, I am attached with this country. It is like a home to me.”

The singer-composer’s last visa was valid from September 26, 2012 to October 6 this year. He applied for an extension on September 14 as per the standard procedure that he had been following for the past several years. Now that his visa has been extended, Sami is overjoyed.

Source:

Hindu extremists from India need some economy lessons . Your film industry also makes money when voices of Pakistani singers are included.

You tried to find replacement for Atif Aslam, Rahat Fateh but failed to draw more crowd of listeners.

As far as Adnan Sami and money is concerned well he is a Canadian citizen and he might NOT send a penny to Pakistan above all his FATHER is a wealthy man.

He dint come from any slum area.

Source:

Hindu extremists from India need some economy lessons . Your film industry also makes money when voices of Pakistani singers are included.

You tried to find replacement for Atif Aslam, Rahat Fateh but failed to draw more crowd of listeners.

As far as Adnan Sami and money is concerned well he is a Canadian citizen and he might NOT send a penny to Pakistan above all his FATHER is a wealthy man.

There should always be a place for talented individuals (no matter wher they come from) in the Republic of India.

Your Statement is nothing more then a Good Joke. .... with full with ignorance.

The fact is : Today every Pakistani Artist want to come to India and Settle down...

Another is in Q...Look at it.

09 August, 2012 - Pakistani actress Saeeda Imtiaz expresses her wish to work in Bollywood - YouTube

Your Statement is nothing more then a Good Joke. .... with full with ignorance.

The fact is : Today every Pakistani Artist want to come to India and Settle down...

Another is in Q...Look at it.

09 August, 2012 - Pakistani actress Saeeda Imtiaz expresses her wish to work in Bollywood - YouTube

I don't see any relevance of your post to my comment.

Indeed everyone wants to join a big industry just like everyone from India want to migrate to West and majority poor go to Gulf/KSA/ME for earning.

Threw him in Indian ocean if he comes back.

He wont come. And the reason is NOT money since he comes from a wealthy, educated family, BUT the reason is the way he his talent was ignored by Pakistani film and music industry.

I remember when we were still school kids he started off a music programme for kids on PTV and I used to watch it and used to be left awe struck how he was using different items to make classic melodies.

But alas he was not promoted much so rebelled and made India his home.

You know one thing whoever from Pakistan is angry at his own land, the Indians take him and her to their heads :)))

Same happened with Adnan Sami but at the end of the day these Indians are anti-Pakistan so you will see their true hate for these Pakistani artists at the end.

Any one who has talent to survive in Bollywood are granted visas dude, like in Adnan Sami. People who are anti Pakistan are the same guys who are listening to the songs of Pakistani artists.

He wont come. And the reason is NOT money since he comes from a wealthy, educated family, BUT the reason is the way he his talent was ignored by Pakistani film and music industry.

I remember when we were still school kids he started off a music programme for kids on PTV and I used to watch it and used to be left awe struck how he was using different items to make classic melodies.

But alas he was not promoted much so rebelled and made India his home.

You know one thing whoever from Pakistan is angry at his own land, the Indians take him and her to their heads :)))

Same happened with Adnan Sami but at the end of the day these Indians are anti-Pakistan so you will see their true hate for these Pakistani artists at the end.

He wont come.

Most Indians like his songs. You are perhaps very good in making prophecies. Consider taking it up as a profession. In the sub continent(and worldwide) it is good money.
"Thodi si to lift kara de....bangla motor gaadi dila de...." - Adnaan Sami :angel:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom