What's new

India is getting ready to fight China and Pakistan simultaneously: Indian Army chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
India is getting ready to fight China and Pakistan simultaneously!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

nothing funny about it.... It is worth the effort and India is capable enough to handle it if it prepares for it... its good for Indian armed forces to prepare for it.

It is an excellent move by India that they can handle two countries simultaneously!

We must appreciate their hard work of decades and the achievements of their super army..

:pakistan:

I dont understand why people are making such a big deal about this.....Its the army's job to be ready and prepared for any scenario....

At least from the tone of the statements, it seems like a strategy to defend India if it were attacked on two fronts NOT attacking Pakistan and China simultanously....At least as an Indian Im glad that our army is preparing for all eventualities.....
Trust me, enough lessons learned from 62, 65, 99...etc etc....Its best not to be caught with our pants down in an eventuality as mentioned in the article...

I see a lot of anger and resentment from Chinese and Pakistani members, but you have to remember that no one said that its going to be a cakewalk to take on 2 ememies the size of Pak and China.....but its also foolish not to devise a strategy to minimize casualties and maximize damage to enemy...thats all that this is.....besides, every strategy makes sense on paper, does not mean that it will play out the way Indian army intends it to be....lets not forget, the army is controlled by the civilian govt, whos leaders many a times loses cajones when push comes to shove.....

Too much war talk by India these days.

The country is becoming to grow nicely in terms of industrial/economic power.

7% even in recession.

And 9% wen not in recession.

Why ruin the good progress

futile war talk.

Peshwa.

The following statement generated interest for me.

highly-mobile `battle groups'', with Russian-origin T-90S tanks and upgraded T-72 M1 tanks at their core

Thus far, I am not seeing any move from IA toward a NATO/Chinese/Russian style of Battle-groups at either the Battalion or the Brigade level. The current IA Regimental/Divisional OrBat is based on the a time honored British system and it performs well. However, the "reworked" Cold start doctrine calls a highly mobile battle-groups as the basic building block. Lets see how is the develops.

In the article, it speaks of lessons learned from the recent American exp, again, the cold start doctrine even at its current form does not address post-war management. It will be great if any forum members can how GOI is planning for it. At this point, it is a generally accepted wisdom that US handled its post-war management rather poorly.

There is much we don't know about this new doctrine, lets wait and see.

Jo garajtay hain woh barastay nahi

Jo barastay hain woh garajtay nahi.. ;-)

Simple case of trash talking to hype and unnerve the other side. On a realistic note, India would never want to be in a situation where both China and Pakistan have to be fought together. For Pakistan, no war is good. For China, any such war would disrupt their economic progress.

Net is that before anyone taking a ride into Pindi, however improbable that seems to me, there are very other calculations at play which are not present in the Indian officer's remarks who by the way is not the Army chief, rather Lt-General A S Lamba, head of the IA's Training Command.

In the past, IAF regional command chief also made grand claims about 5000 targets being marked for attack by the IAF etc. Its just psyops. That the reality of such things is known to both sides is a whole another thing. India cannot defeat Pakistan militarily, let alone China. What can happen is that in limited conflicts, one side can best the other side before things escalate, and the hope on all sides would be to do so. A very high intensity, short conflict, which in my own opinion would play out fairly evenly.

Last edited:
Jo garajtay hain woh barastay nahi

Jo barastay hain woh garajtay nahi.. ;-)

Simple case of trash talking to hype and unnerve the other side. On a realistic note, India would never want to be in a situation where both China and Pakistan have to be fought together. For Pakistan, no war is good. For China, any such war would disrupt their economic progress.

Net is that before anyone taking a ride into Pindi, however improbable that seems to me, there are very other calculations at play which are not present in the Indian officer's remarks who by the way is not the Army chief, rather Lt-General A S Lamba, head of the IA's Training Command.

In the past, IAF regional command chief also made grand claims about 5000 targets being marked for attack by the IAF etc. Its just psyops. That the reality of such things is known to both sides is a whole another thing. India cannot defeat Pakistan militarily, let alone China. What can happen is that in limited conflicts, one side can best the other side before things escalate, and the hope on all sides would be to do so. A very high intensity, short conflict, which in my own opinion would play out fairly evenly.

Don't you feel that we are just speculating too much out of this news article.

Don't you feel that we are just speculating too much out of this news article.

Possibly. However when Army officers, specially Lt Gens who are heads of training commands spill the beans, it means that it is a deliberate message approved at higher levels for release to local and foreign audience. Otherwise Army officers, other than those in the PR departments or the Chief himself, cannot make statements of such nature to the press.

In Pakistan, usually a Lt Gen will never be found making such statements.

Nobody should doubt the meaning behind the motive of this article,

It does bring out those brainwashed mindset of some Indians.

The more they believed in such a wet dream, war will not be too far

ahead of us.

Don't believe me? just go to some Indians defence forum, threads like

this one were discussed on a daily bases, last time i read was how to

nuke and destroy Pakistan and than fight China. :smitten:
:pakistan::china:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom