What's new

India is a Hindu nation, says RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat

A large part of what people define as "culture" includes the value systems that comes from religion. habits are just repetition of actions reinforced by the culture.
Religious custom is just another parameter like dress, law, art or science which are considered as elements of culture.Not necessarily everybody in the same cultural group has to follow those customs.

I

Interesting... but ektoo bhengey bolley bhalo hoina Dada?

What culture would that be? Tar boishishto-ta ektoo byakkha korben? Especially because I don't know you or @Indrani or @scorpionx...

Tell me how does your culture look at sis-in-law or daughter-in-law? Is it like just another women or like daughters of the house?

Religion is just another parameter like dress, law, art or science which are considered as elements of culture.

LOL...dress, Law, art & science are ALL influenced by Religion.

Why do muslims wear the hijab ? or the skull cap ? What about the pathan suite ?

Religious strictures are the foundations of law. Think of the ten commandments.

Bharat Natyam and Classical music have their origins in religion. So does architecture and sculptures.

Mathematics and the origin of zero has its roots in religion. So did ayurveda and yoga and siddha alchemy.

Religion is THE parameter.

Isn't it much better, if we restrict a simple statement to a simple reply.
If BJP has said all this, then let her say. there are enough people in India (Congress & Other Political Parties) who will hue and cry on it. WHY? because everything said on political forum is political. This is just point scoring for political gains. Everybody know India is a hindu country as Majority id Hindu there. So please don't be so hyper and abusive to each other. difference of opinion is beauty of discussion.

LOL...dress, Law, art & science are ALL influenced by Religion.

Why do muslims wear the hijab ? or the skull cap ?

Religious strictures are the foundations of law. Think of the ten commandments.

Bharat Natyam and Classical music have their origins in religion. So does architecture and sculptures.

Mathematics and the origin of zero has its roots in religion. So did ayurveda and yoga and siddha alchemy.

Religion is THE parameter.
As I said, religious customs are just part of culture. A Muslim can wear skull cap while praying. He might wear a dhoti and punjabi too which are associated this region for centuries. A Muslim women not necessarily has to wear hijab every time. In fact Bengali Muslim women are hardly found in hijab or burkha in rural areas. Most prefer sarees which has nothing to do with their religious customs.
Classical music and dance on the other hand too not always can be associated with religion and If you think Mathematics and zero have their roots in religion, you are free to believe it. I don't.

You are right to some an extent. Muslim women are ordered to wear hijab, and Men are ordered to lower their gaze. But unfortunately it doesnt happen. You re talking about bangladesh, even in pakistan majority doent follow these religious orders.
and this is harsh reality of life that, people follow religion to the extent where it reconcile with their own choice. But it is not a man's responsibility to ask next door woman to wear hijab or offer prayer. on the day of judgment everybody is accountable of his own deeds, not others.

As I said, religious customs are just part of culture. A Muslim can wear skull cap while praying. He might wear a dhoti and punjabi too which are associated this region for centuries. A Muslim women not necessarily has to wear hijab every time. In fact Bengali Muslim women are hardly found in hijab or burkha in rural areas. Most prefer sarees which has nothing to do with their religious customs.
Classical music and dance on the other hand too not always can be associated with religion and If you think Mathematics and zero have their roots in religion, you are free to believe it. I don't.

Stop demolishing the strawman that religion is the ONLY factor that influencing dressing.

The origin of almost all formal Indian art forms is rooted in religion.

Do you know where the first proof of zero was found ? on a temple wall ......why did you think that was ?

Look at the centre of the image to observe the "0".

rsz_1img_2494.jpg

Mathematics were first used in Astrology and evolved in astrological studies.

Shunya or Shunyata which describes void or zero is fist mentioned in religion.

This is what Rig Veda says,

Who was the measurer prama? What was the model pratima? What were the building materials for things offered nidanam ajyam? What is the circumference (of this universe) paridhih? What are the meters or harmonies behind the Universe chandah? What is the triangle (yoke) praugam [which connects this universe to the source of driving force, the engine]

Do you know the Gayatri Mantra is famous because it is the easiest mantra that denotes chanda which is the meter for pronunciation.

Samhita patha the defines the recitation use a text obtained by combining two neighboring words according the rules of sandhi, resulting in six words.

1+2 2+3 3+4 4+5 5+6 6+6

Last edited:
Stop demolishing the strawman that religion is the ONLY factor that influencing dressing.

The origin of almost all formal Indian art forms is rooted in religion.

Do you know where the first proof of zero was found ? on a temple wall ......why did you think that was ?

Look at the centre of the image to observe the "0".

rsz_1img_2494.jpg

Mathematics were first used in Astrology and evolved in astrological studies.

Shunya or Shunyata which describes void or zero is fist mentioned in religion.

This is what Rig Veda says,

Who was the measurer prama? What was the model pratima? What were the building materials for things offered nidanam ajyam? What is the circumference (of this universe) paridhih? What are the meters or harmonies behind the Universe chandah? What is the triangle (yoke) praugam [which connects this universe to the source of driving force, the engine]

Do you know the Gayatri Mantra is famous because it is the easiest mantra that denotes chanda which is the meter for pronunciation.

Samhita patha the defines the recitation use a text obtained by combining two neighboring words according the rules of sandhi, resulting in six words.

1+2 2+3 3+4 4+5 5+6 6+6
Strawman!! is that the best answer you got on dressing culture? You are just arguing for the sake of arguments. If chandas like Gayatri, anushtubh or tristubh had followed certain mathematical model, it does not prove that mathematics had been derived from religion. Music itself follows specific mathematical models. Without a certain repetitive order of pulse,accent or a little pause, music can not be created. You can argue all day with your layman logic. I have works to finish.

You are right to some an extent. Muslim women are ordered to wear hijab, and Men are ordered to lower their gaze. But unfortunately it doesnt happen. You re talking about bangladesh, even in pakistan majority doent follow these religious orders.
and this is harsh reality of life that, people follow religion to the extent where it reconcile with their own choice. But it is not a man's responsibility to ask next door woman to wear hijab or offer prayer. on the day of judgment everybody is accountable of his own deeds, not others.
It is my dear friend, pervasive effects of ancient faiths and customs on the newly adopted faiths. The world I live in, Muslims mostly follow a mixed culture and faith. We will discuss this later if we meet again.

Last edited:
Bangladeshi and Pakistani definition of secularism and secular certification is always baffling. :omghaha::omghaha: I am still not able to figure out how can some country be a secular state with two nation theory and a state religion. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Bangladeshi and Pakistani definition of secularism means islamic country where non-muslims can not preach their religion. And also a non-muslim can not be the head of the state. Dont you know that ?

I could have wrote many things, but I am saving it for later.

Strawman!! is that the best answer you got on dressing culture? You are just arguing for the sake of arguments. If chandas like Gayatri, anushtubh or tristubh had followed certain mathematical model, it does not prove that mathematics had been derived from religion. Music itself follows specific mathematical models. Without a certain repetitive order of pulse,accent or a little pause, music can not be created. You can argue all day with your layman logic. I have works to finish.

You put up a strawman and I just called it out.

The point is that the mathematical property of the gayatri mantra was known.

I have provided specific eg. of how the rig veda mentions mathematical terms to define and explain the universe. That is the earliest hindu religions book .........or any kind of book for that matter :woot:

Mathematical term "Infinity" is also used in the yajur veda,

purnamadah purnamidam purnat purnamudacyate; purnasya purnamadaya purnamevavasishyate.

It translates as "From infinity is born infinity, When infinity is taken out of infinity, only infinity is left over."

Chandas Shastra upanishad has a chapter on pingala binary system that used short and long form of 1.

Baudhayan Sulv Sutra written 500 years before Paithogorus was born. gives the same forumla. It says, i a Deerghchatursh (Rectangle) the Chetra (Square) of Rajju (hypotenuse) is equal to sum of squares of Parshvamani (base) and Triyangmani (perpendicular).

Surya siddhanta which is the basis of Indian astrology uses trigonometry extensively. Jya, Kokya and Okram Jya is clearly defined and used. Today we know them as Sine, Cos, and inverse sine.

You can continue to remain ignorant and disregard what is there right in front of you and dismiss it as layman logic. I wonder what kind of "logic" that would be ? maybe "il-logic ?

Last edited:
Bangladeshi and Pakistani definition of secularism and secular certification is always baffling. :omghaha::omghaha: I am still not able to figure out how can some country be a secular state with two nation theory and a state religion. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
LOL! So India's form of seKularism is the ideal to adopt!?!? LOL again!!

Whats up with these Pakistanis? Some wants Musalmanistan, some United Punjab and some suggests Bangaldeshis to go for United Bengal!! As if India has become a Banana rebublic and all land is up for grab!! :lol:

Weirdos can not unite Pakistan itself and are here asking for more troubles!! Seriously do they really educate kids like this in Pakistan?

Wetdreams Wetdreams everywhere :partay:

You put up a strawman and I just called it out.

The point is that the mathematical property of the gayatri mantra was known.

I have provided specific eg. of how the rig veda mentions mathematical terms to define and explain the universe. That is the earliest hindu religions book .........or any kind of book for that matter :woot:

Mathematical term "Infinity" is also used in the yajur veda,

purnamadah purnamidam purnat purnamudacyate; purnasya purnamadaya purnamevavasishyate.

It translates as "From infinity is born infinity, When infinity is taken out of infinity, only infinity is left over."

Chandas Shastra upanishad has a chapter on pingala binary system that used short and long form of 1.

Baudhayan Sulv Sutra written 500 years before Paithogorus was born. gives the same forumla. It says, i a Deerghchatursh (Rectangle) the Chetra (Square) of Rajju (hypotenuse) is equal to sum of squares of Parshvamani (base) and Triyangmani (perpendicular).

Surya siddhanta which is the basis of Indian astrology uses trigonometry extensively. Jya, Kokya and Okram Jya is clearly defined and used. Today we know them as Sine, Cos, and inverse sine.

You can continue to remain ignorant and disregard what is there right in front of you and dismiss it as layman logic. I wonder what kind of "logic" that would be ? maybe "il-logic ?
When you are adamant to believe that everything regarding ancient India has their roots in religion and most of our cultural elements are derived from strictly Hindu religion, that's the end of logic masterjii. Bigotry starts right there. Things you are claiming as roots of our culture was never read, practiced by majority of Indians since ancient days. :woot:

When you are adamant to believe that everything regarding ancient India has their roots in religion and most of our cultural elements are derived from strictly Hindu religion, that's the end of logic masterjii. Bigotry starts right there. Things you are claiming as roots of our culture was never read, practiced by majority of Indians since ancient days. :woot:

LOL... I was not aware that bigotry had its roots in Hindu religion. I was certainly not aware that posting facts about the origin of art and science was an exercise in bigotry :lol:

This is truly amazing logic .............Let us just call it "secular" logic. It fits the bill perfectly. :P

Congratulations, today you have outdone youself. All this time I was under the mistaken impression that bigotry was the practice of discrimination on the basis of prejudices :lol: ........not posting facts on online forums. Not only have you redefined "logic" you have also redefined "bigotry" :woot:

Strangely enough, the only one here demonstrating prejudice against Hinduism is YOU.

I have posted facts after facts and instead of proving me wrong by posting any other know facts, you have used the most illuminating methodology to prove me wrong, you call me names :lol:

Finally, how many percentage of our population even today practices and uses Integration, differentiation, Laplace Transforms, Fourier transforms etc directly ? ..........does that mean they are not part of our lives today ? :cheesy:

A totally outstanding reply.

LOL... I was not aware that bigotry had its roots in Hindu religion. I was certainly not aware that posting facts about the origin of art and science was an exercise in bigotry :lol:

This is truly amazing logic .............Let us just call it "secular" logic. It fits the bill perfectly. :P

Congratulations, today you have outdone youself. All this time I was under the mistaken impression that bigotry was the practice of discrimination on the basis of prejudices :lol: ........not posting facts on online forums. Not only have you redefined "logic" you have also redefined "bigotry" :woot:

Strangely enough, the only one here demonstrating prejudice against hinduims is YOU.

I have posted facts after facts and instead of proving me wrong by posting any other know facts, you have used the most illuminating methodology to prove me wrong, you call me names :lol:

Finally, how many percentage of our population even today practices and uses Integration, differentiation, Laplace Transforms, Fourier transforms etc ? ..........does that mean they are not part of our lives today ? :cheesy:

A totally outstanding reply.
Ok, Bradman. You scored a century. Congrats :enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom