What's new

India invites Sialkot Stallions for Champions League

Sialkot stallions seems to be a very weak side. Don't think it will give big teams a run for the money.

Reduction in viewership of IPL thus consequent pull out of sponsors form IPL and plans for SPL & PPL seems major reason for such decision.
Renewed public excitement for Champions League = sponsors = more money. Great Business Decision.
You can expect Pakistani players joining IPL 6 too.

don't tell me that you are serious ....

Sialkot stallions seems to be a very weak side. Don't think it will give big teams a run for the money.

They seems to be weak because in most of the matches they do not play with big names. Although almost half of their team has played in International cricket but they don't usually play every match from Sialkot Stallions... and despite the fact they have always proven to be the most consistent team of Pakistan and has won domestic tournament for 7 times if I am not wrong.... They have clearly been the best side of Pakistan since it's inception in 2004

Sialkot Stallions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shoaib Malik, Imran Nazir, Abdur Rehman and Rana Naveed ul Hassan has represented "SS" for years...

307683_174888002591401_150066941740174_363924_1109790977_n.jpg

This lady will get to support Sialkot on indian soil.

They seems to be weak because in most of the matches they do not play with big names. Although almost half of their team has played in International cricket but they don't usually play every match from Sialkot Stallions... and despite the fact they have always proven to be the most consistent team of Pakistan and has won domestic tournament for 7 times if I am not wrong.... They have clearly been the best side of Pakistan since it's inception in 2004

Shoaib Malik, Imran Nazir, Abdur Rehman and Rana Naveed ul Hassan has represented "SS" for years...

so who are the major players ?

Int player like Nazir and Rana are good to have. Don't know much about the local players. But without big names/foreign players, do they stand a chance against some of the best teams of world. They should sign few international player but that's bound by the will of player to play in or for pakistan.

However the presence of pakistani team will add another flavour to the cup but I will be disappointed if they couldn't perform with the passion and zeal pakistani team is well known for ages.

so who are the major players ?
Some of the players are already mentioned in my last post... Imran Nazir, Shoaib Malik, Abdur Rehman and Rana Naveed ul Hassan. Also Mohammad Asif was part of this site for some time...
Int player like Nazir and Rana are good to have. Don't know much about the local players. But without big names/foreign players, do you they stand a chance against some of the best teams of world. They should sign few international player but that's bound by the will of player to play in or for pakistan.

However the presence of pakistani team will add another flavour to the cup but I will be disappointed if they couldn't perform with the passion and zeal pakistani team is well known for ages.

Well the big names are good to see in the side but that does not mean they would also perform like big names... Sialkot Stallions has always been the most dominant side of Pakistan and they have played against the big names and defeated them like playing with the kids :lol:

The only real competitor against Sialkot stallions in my opinion is Karachi Dolphins who usually manages to qualify for Semi finals and Shahid Afridi, Mohammad Sami and few other key players are part of that side. If you see the win-loss ratio of SS against other teams you will get the idea of their calibre. They have always been playing against big names but the batting of "not-so-big-names" has always dominated against the more popular "big-names" in Lahore teams of the domestic tournament

Yes TV ratings have fallen but don't mistake that IPL is going down. Infact the stadiums were never full like this time.

For e.g Delhi daredevil is expected to make 40 crore this time by tickets which is 500% more than last time. The projections are similar for other teams as well

I am not here to prove anything and neither I am claiming that IPL is not popular. I am just indicating that popularity graph is downward as a whole (not just single team). These ratings were around 7 something when IPL was launched.
This must be a cause of concern for sure thus the decision on Sialkot Stallion induction in Champions League. Expect Pakistanis joining in for IPL-6. Bet?

Back
Top Bottom