What's new

India hopes to stall Saudi Arabia labour law

This programme will 'screw' Pakistanis as well :P

This is no screw program!
It is the duty of the head of state to work for the state.
We go to work in SaudI Arabia because its a functioning and growning state. All thanks to its governance.
Look at us our corrupt lawmakers.. cannot deliver by having us, what Saudi Arabia can deliver by hiring us.
Our people, would love to work in respective states, if it could only offer us, half of what we earn in Saudi Arabia.
In case of Pakistan.. we are most rich in world, in terms of natural resources but, our rulers are corrupt and unpatriotic.

At least India is doing something about it. What is Pakistan doing ?
In 1999, work visa of Saudi was almost impossible for Pakistan, only specialized case were allowed, but later that year PM went to Saudi Arabia and got that banned removed.
What India is doing now is following the foot steps of PM.

Joke of the century-
No company wants to hire saudis firstly because they are lazy- secondly they are not qualified enough- yet demand higher salaries- and rediculous incentives-

Saudis are desperate for jobs ask them to take up jobs of rubbish collector- toilet cleaner- taxi drivers-
You cannot just force in illetrate saudis with no education- zero experience- into blue colar professional jobs- without backlash-
Small to medium businesses are closing bacause of rediculous niqatat program-
Stripping the kingdom of qualified work force and not producing enough local qualified people will have a backlash pretty soon- pure economics-

I totally agree, but how would Saudis get experience as their government and employers keep getting experienced foreign workers? They need jobs to get experience.

I totally agree, but how would Saudis get experience as their government and employers keep getting experienced foreign workers? They need jobs to get experience.

It's tha catch-22. In one respect it's commendable that King Abdullah is a man of his people and is allowing young Saudi's to get in the work force - for which there is a major need but on the other it's undoubtedly having an adverse affect on SME's. A friends father has had to employ 3 Saudi's in his company becuase of this law - 2 of them don't turn up and are getting a salary for sitting at home whilst the third comes in intermittently - when he does come in he has "mudeer-syndrome" and starts acting all director.

Pakistani's shouldn't be gloating over Indians either, arguably Pakistan is more affected than India.. Middle East remittance is a life line for Pakistani economy, everytime I go to Pakistan educated young graduates like engineers etc are literally begging me for even "azaad/labour" visa.

This is very true, Saudi employers, just want to hire experienced foreigners, because they do not want to pay, for the training of fellow countrymen and due to past impression, they are not willing to take risks. but the situation is not same as 10 years ago.
Influx of foreigners are like an inertia, in order to break it, you need to apply force and it will stop or slowdown.
The reversal curve will be, what we call in electrical engineering 'extremely inverse' or some thing like 'break down voltage' effect.

Saudi society is just like any other society, you may find equally corrupt and selfish people, willing to sell them self for petty benefits. All credit goes to the top man, for turning an ordinary society, to a success story.

This is my observation.. it may not be same as yours!

Incredible shinning world super power india ,Instead of providing and creating opportunities in India itself, they are begging other countries to provide employment to Indians

Excuse me,Chinese are the largest immigrants to most of the nations...US,Australia,UK,Canada.
How do you explain that?

Well, these laws are unfair to say the least. Businesses will move their operations in more business friendly countries such as UAE in the future.

In reality, if a foreigner gets a job or a better job while you, as a national, have no job or a mediocre one, all it means is that either 1) He is better qualified than you or 2) He is prepared to do the job at a lower wage than you.

Face the facts, get off your lazy *** and do something productive rather than whine about foreigners stealing jobs.

Then stop complaining about immigration in your own countries too.

It's a pain in the azz to watch foreigners having jobs while you as a national haven't been able to find a job for years, as employers refuse to hire Saudis because they demand higher salary and aren't easy going as foreigners who would accept less salaries and work for longer hours. I know many Saudis who hold Bachelor degrees have been unemployed for 5-7 years. Few months ago I read news that three Saudis having Bachelor degrees sell millions by streets because they couldn't find a job.

No it's not that, you are the laziest people on earth. Period.

What Indians they're talking about.
?

Indians don't go to middle east anymore. Thats what I learned from the informed Indians on the forum.

may be those from naradham modi's canan land of gujarat will not. but, rest of India do. :undecided:

Back
Top Bottom