What's new

India holds 527 tcf of shale gas reserves

Here's what the first sentences you refer to say:

"In January last year, the US Energy Information Administration estimated that India held 38 trillion cubic feet of proven natural gas reserves.

That was good enough for the needs of the nation for 29 years, it was said."

Both of these are wrong.

First, EIA estimate was 63 TCF, not 38 TCF.

As to 29 years , that too makes no sense given the fact that India's current consumption is 1.9 TCF per year and rising.

yoo broo i know ur an american so ur naturally dumb but before posting can u plzz do some research. if india consumes 1.9 tcf a year not all of that is drilled from india because it might now be economically viable. a lot of it is imported. so the 29 yrs was right.
next it says new discoveries have been made

A M Dayal, an emeritus scientist with the National Geophysical Research Institute (NGRI) in Hyderabad, said his scientists have identified 28 sedimentary basins of shale gas (natural gas found trapped in shale formations under the ground), including ten potential producing basins,

out of all this only 50% is recoverable.

plz now this thread doenst need anymore discussion. kindly dont come back after this.

yoo broo i know ur an american so ur naturally dumb but before posting can u plzz do some research. if india consumes 1.9 tcf a year not all of that is drilled from india because it might now be economically viable. a lot of it is imported. so the 29 yrs was right.
next it says new discoveries have been made

A M Dayal, an emeritus scientist with the National Geophysical Research Institute (NGRI) in Hyderabad, said his scientists have identified 28 sedimentary basins of shale gas (natural gas found trapped in shale formations under the ground), including ten potential producing basins,

out of all this only 50% is recoverable.

plz now this thread doenst need anymore discussion. kindly dont come back after this.

:lol::lol:

This is priceless. A Canadian squealing to an American? :woot:

wow! Jani , please go back and go to sleep. World Affairs are not for Canadians. You are too soft for that.:lol:

US EIA puts the estimate of shale gas in India at 63 TCF.

If you had bothered reading the article you would have seen the very first sentence. News is about the latest discovery of reserves.

In January last year, the US Energy Information Administration estimated that India held 38 trillion cubic feet of proven natural gas reserves.

That was good enough for the needs of the nation for 29 years, it was said.

What if that figure was upped to a fantastic 527 trillion cubic feet? Yes, 527 trillion cubic feet of gas, of which 50%, or over 260 tcf, were recoverable?

india is doing good in thorium reactors and thats the way to go...
shale gas can be left as reserve source of energy in case of emergency...

nahh india will build its thorium reactor by 2016 and will also expand its natural gas base after govt releases natural gas expansion plan in a few months. this is the time to do it.

nahh india will build its thorium reactor by 2016 and will also expand its natural gas base after govt releases natural gas expansion plan in a few months. this is the time to do it.

India's thorium reactor design relies on plutonium core to start chain reaction, so it is not much better or safer than the conventional uranium or plutonium reactor designs.

Haq's Musings: Can Thorium Energy Save Planet Earth?

India's thorium reactor design relies on plutonium core to start chain reaction, so it is not much better or safer than the conventional uranium or plutonium reactor designs.

well dude currently no country has a real working thorium reactor for electricity generation. if any country that is seriously working on it is india, coz we have huge reserves of thorium. we will perfect the reactor and safety will be taken into consideration before mass producing them after 2020.

india is constantly looking for exploring enery all over the world. we ave aquired uranium and coal mines in africa and building refiniries and aquiring huge iron in afghan, indonesia and south america. india will make sure that we face no resource and electricity shortage in future. as soon as the govt releases the plan for shale gas, indian companies will jump over it.

india is focussing on every energy sector and making sure every source is fully utilised.

apart from that we r constantly discovering new resources in out country. recently a new iron, uranium and oil mine was discovered in rajasthan.

well dude currently no country has a real working thorium reactor for electricity generation. if any country that is seriously working on it is india, coz we have huge reserves of thorium. we will perfect the reactor and safety will be taken into consideration before mass producing them after 2020.

india is constantly looking for exploring enery all over the world. we ave aquired uranium and coal mines in africa and building refiniries and aquiring huge iron in afghan, indonesia and south america. india will make sure that we face no resource and electricity shortage in future. as soon as the govt releases the plan for shale gas, indian companies will jump over it.

india is focussing on every energy sector and making sure every source is fully utilised.

apart from that we r constantly discovering new resources in out country. recently a new iron, uranium and oil mine was discovered in rajasthan.

Thorium is an abundant element found in huge quantities all around the world. The real issue is how to make use of it safely and effectively. As far as I know, the Indians are just copying the old US designs now, not inventing anything new.

Thorium is an abundant element found in huge quantities all around the world. The real issue is how to make use of it safely and effectively. As far as I know, the Indians are just copying the old US designs now, not inventing anything new.

i have no inside news about the design of the reactor. as far as i have heard india reactor is completely indian designed and india is under sanctions for sharing core nuclear tech after the nuclear tests. its a unique reactor. u should study it in detail.

Bolded part is not the universal truth. It is only your lack of information

It would help the planet earth much more if you took your stupid brainfarts to some other planet.
You knowledge of India's 3 stage nuclear program is zilch. Keep your opinions to your website.

Since when is wikipedia more authentic and reliable than US Energy Information Admin?

http://www.eia.gov/analysis/studies/worldshalegas/pdf/fullreport.pdf

As to your claim about my post on per capita income, you are either mistaken or deliberately distorting what I wrote. The fact is that I quoted Economic Survey data from both India & Pakistan in support of my post. The 2.5 factor only refers to the PPP correction, not a comparison of India & Pakistan per cap income.

Here's the link again:

Haq's Musings: Pakistan's Per Capita Income Exceeds $3,100 in 2011

Sir,
Please Don't Be Detracted By Them These Trolls Can Only Sit Before Their Computers All Day And Bark Like Dogs.They Are Not Worthy Of The Attention.They Are Nothing But Soar Losers

India Shale gas reserve as per reputed international agencies are 62tcf

while doesnt even feature in the top 20 of shale oil reserves

Back
Top Bottom