What's new

India has never supported Pak : Afridi

Afridi is correct he is never wrong even when he slashes every ball up to heavens all those indians judging him please don't judge him embrace him - becasue he is Afridi Mr Boom Boom

Agreed Sir ji He is Boom Boom and dont make him Angry other wise he will thrash Indian team when he plays next time against them as he did many times with his boom boom batting indians have no answer when he is on song remember Kumble was scared of him he said it is easy to get him out but when it is his day you just got onlydevastating beating of you career

The Pakistan Cricket Board should stop relying on India or any other Asian nation for support and become self reliant in solving its problems, says the national team's ODI and Twenty20 skipper Shahid Afridi.

Asked about the continued absence of the Pakistani national Twenty20 champions from the lucrative Champions League, the second edition of which concluded last week in Johannesburg, Afridi said India has never been supportive of Pakistan cricket.

"Leave alone the Champions League, tell me when has India ever supported Pakistan cricket?" Afridi told 'Geo Channel'.

"The truth is we have always been there to support India, Sri Lanka or Bangladesh but when time came for them to support us, they left us isolated.
"The truth is it is time we realized that not only India or Sri Lanka, Pakistan does not have many friends internationally and it is time we learnt to become self reliant and find solutions to problems ourselves," he added.

Afridi's comments echoed that of former team manager Yawar Saeed, who had on returning from London this week stated that Pakistan cricket had few friends in the world.

Yawar had criticised the ICC for its handling of the spot-fixing issue and pointed out that sadly Pakistan cricket was getting little support internationally.

I kinda agree with this. Though would like to rephrase it- BCCI never supported PCB, while PCB have, most of the time, supported BCCI.

The heading is rather too much misleading, and the content too.

Common guys, take a break.

Both BCCI and PCB has supported each other many times. Afridi issues one comment and people here immediately starts finger pointing. Ever thought there couldn't have any better idea of diverting Pakistani people's attention from the internal turmoil created in Pakistani Cricket team then pointing finger towards India.

GoP has used this tactic for years to divert Pakistan's common masses attention from internal problems. Afridi played the same card.

What kind of support he was expecting from BCCI by the way??

Mr Afridi, we supported Pakistan Cricket when gentlemen cricket players like Imran Khan, Wasim Akram, Qadir etc were playing. But sorry we cannot support players like Butt, Amir, Asif. Still remember most of India cheered for Pakistan team @1992 WC final. They were our heroes also.

ganguly sir those players stilll not ound guilty how can you make them crimnal their charges are not proven yet

ganguly sir those players stilll not ound guilty how can you make them crimnal their charges are not proven yet
Falcon Sir. I agree. But believe me, if someone tells me that greats like Imran Khan, Wasim Akram, Viv Richards, Gavaskar was involved in a match fixing, i won't believe. Those were the players. Certainly, there is a trust deficit & lack of reputation with these current players. It is like comparing Mr. Jinnah with Mr Zardari. Most people believe somehow or the other these guys are involved in mixing. Respect is earned, never given. And nowadays, with players rush to achieve everything within short time, few have the will, patience or perseverance needed to be truly respected.

Sri+Lanka+Vs+Pakistan.gif

sri_lanka_vs_pakistan_logo.jpg

WorldT20-Final.jpg

lol You never disappoint us. Classical 'Sri Lankan' type. What about atleast one handshake pic???? :cheesy:

To some extent this is true. IPL auctions last year is one such example.

Back
Top Bottom