What's new

India, France ink metro rail pact

The only French connection in Bangalore Metro is Alstom India providing signalling equipment.

They have also signed a MoU on high speed rail.

India and France Sign M.O.U. to Strengthen Cooperation in Railway Sector
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed on here on 14.2.2013 between the Ministry of Railways, Government of India and the Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer Français (SNCF), the French National Railways, for Technical cooperation in the field of Railways. The MoU was signed by Shri Vinay Mittal, Chairman, Railway Board, from Indian side and Mr G.Pepy, Chairman and CEO SNCF from the French side. The MoU was signed in the presence of H.E. Francois Hollande, the President of France.

Four areas of cooperation have been identified in the MoU. These are:

1. High speed and semi-high speed rail;
2. Station renovation and operations;
3. Modernisation of current operations and infrastructure;
4. Suburban trains.
Under the High Speed Cooperation Programme, the Parties have decided to carry out jointly an ‘operations and development’ feasibility project on the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail. This project will be funded by SNCF with a support from the French Ministry of Finance.

The MoU is valid for a period of 5 years and is extendable by 1 year with mutual consent. Specific cooperation projects would be undertaken under the MoU as agreed by both the parties.

The French delegation led by SNCF Chairman Mr G. Pepy is visiting Central Railway and Western Railway installations in Mumbai today i.e. 15.2.2013 and holding meetings with the Railway officials.

Is french support to the project limited to financial help only or they are transferring some technology as well.
BTW france have legendary TGV system which till date holds the record (along with Japanese Bullet trains) of having no accident ever. I wish they help us in proposed high speed networks between cities like Mumbai-Ahemadabad, Chennai_Bangaluru etc.

tgv-maroc.jpg

paris2.jpg

Well well, i suppose eventually everyone would be happy. Have a look at this map
India_HSR_potential_route_1112.GIF

you are referring to line 1

Line 1, also referred to as Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar (VAG) corridor, of the Mumbai Metro is part of the rapid transit rail system for the city of Mumbai, India. It will consist of 12 stations from Versova to Ghatkopar. The line connects the eastern and western suburbs of Mumbai.[1] It will cost approximately 3,893 crore (US$708.53 million) and is operated by Mumbai Metro One Pvt Ltd.[2] The 11.07 km line will be fully elevated and is scheduled to begin operations in August 2013

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...joD4BA&usg=AFQjCNGoBB_tXOaLJr3Ol4pts3GBxLhXsA

Yes...to Line 1...that is the only line in which construction started in 2008 and will be completed this year....Rest of the lines still in planning stages hence will take another 5-6 years for Phase I (Lines 1, 2 & 3) to be completed....complete system Phase II (Lines 4&5) and Phase III (Lines 6, 7 & 8) should be completed by 2021-25

Is french support to the project limited to financial help only or they are transferring some technology as well.
BTW france have legendary TGV system which till date holds the record (along with Japanese Bullet trains) of having no accident ever. I wish they help us in proposed high speed networks between cities like Mumbai-Ahemadabad, Chennai_Bangaluru etc.

tgv-maroc.jpg

paris2.jpg

High speed network of 250-270 km/hr is very possible on elevated tracks but for that we need land which could become a political issue as always and awareness in people.

I am working on Kochi metro project as an MEP design engineer for 10 stations from Alwaye to JLN stadium.

and yes I work in a french MNC " EGIS India pvt ltd. in delhi.
Cool ,im also from kochi.may be v should meet sometime ;)

When can we expect completion?

I am working on Kochi metro project as an MEP design engineer for 10 stations from Alwaye to JLN stadium.

and yes I work in a french MNC " EGIS India pvt ltd. in delhi.

Good!! Now we know whose a$$ should be kicked if the project is not completed :woot:

j/k mate, I think now a days, the project speed is some how slow.. any particular reason??

Cool ,im also from kochi.may be v should meet sometime ;)

When can we expect completion?

Bro. I am not from Kerela or Kochi. I am basically from Jabalpur M.P and I work as electrical design engineer for a french MNC who is working on Designing of KOchi metro project. but we can definitely meet on my next site visit of Kochi.

You can expect completion in 2017. Stations are smaller in size , Platform is 127 meter long so project is expected to move fast.

Good!! Now we know whose a$$ should be kicked if the project is not completed :woot:

j/k mate, I think now a days, the project speed is some how slow.. any particular reason??

From my end I can only tell you that frequent change in Client's ( DMRC- Delhi metro rail corp. ) requirement of Architecture. Once the architecture of station is changed we need to do all the MEP designing again n again. which took a very long time for designing them.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom