What's new

India Eyes Su-30 AESA Upgrade

You talk like you have all of your fighters on the Pakistani border... You also have China to worry about so I think 150 j-10bs, 100f-16s and 250 jf-17s are enough of a match.

Ohh and btw...we have ordered all the planes I listed whereas...AMCA (paper plane), MMRCA deal is still not near finalization, and PAK FA won't come before 2017.

rest assure we will get J-XX in time to deal with a fifth gen threat.

Source for 150 J-10b order? And 100 F-16 order, I know you guys are interested in obtaining 100 of them but have they been ordered yet?

BTW, I posted that comment on a lighter note. No need to get serious.
Cheers

Source for 150 J-10b order? And 100 F-16 order, I know you guys are interested in obtaining 100 of them but have they been ordered yet?

BTW, I posted that comment on a lighter note. No need to get serious.
Cheers

It's speculated no such order for 100 f-16s and 150 j-10s but I was replying to you because you were talking about AMCA, PAK FA, 300 sukhois, and MMRCA before any deal was made.

How about comparing those with
~300 MKI
~200 MMRCA
~300 PAK-FA
~69 MiG-29SMT
~50 2000-5 Mk 2
~200 LCA Mk 2
~100 AMCA

See, I can also write down fighters that are not currently in our inventory.

Ho my god ... PAF will look like a butter fly against a Pterosaur

It's speculated no such order for 100 f-16s and 150 j-10s but I was replying to you because you were talking about AMCA, PAK FA, 300 sukhois, and MMRCA before any deal was made.

But you dismissed the speculation of IAF and added the speculation of PAF... how is it justifiable?

@jungibaaz..

The numbers on Indian side are OFFICIAL FIGURES.

270 MKI are ORDERED
126 MMRCA, NO is FIXED and ORDER in July Next Year..
300 FGFA is INDIA's OFFICIAL commitment.. And these are 100% Financed and Green Signalled by GoI it self.

While on the F16 numbers.. Even the ordered and paid machines are in state of dielemma..

and No Offical SERIOS

With paupers budget,,, country on the brink of financial collapse

You honestly think PAF will buy this "

You talk like you have all of your fighters on the Pakistani border... You also have China to worry about so I think 150 j-10bs, 100f-16s and 250 jf-17s are enough of a match.

WHOSE PAYING

So then what's the problem in upgrading to an AESA? There have been numerous reports on a BARS AESA variant and a Zhuk-ASE AESA variant for Su-27/30.

There is no problem..But since this is a govt. to Govt. deal , it takes time.

BTW initially there was talk of changing the engine in upgrade also but that did not happen.

try 60 f-16s (number could rise to 100), 250 jf-17 and 36 initial J-10b/FC-20.

plz don't underestimate PAF

Could can be anything.. You know

200 F 18s
150 LCA
270 Su 30
250 FGFA

He was refering to the current inventory vs current inventory.. Lets stick to that..

any body knows on any lastest development on sukhoi 30 mki III.

FOUND AN OLD ARTICLE

London, Dec 23 (PTI) India and Russia have certified the latest Sukhoi fighter configuration, a leading defence weekly reported today.
The new variant of Sukhoi - also known as Mk3 model - differs from the earlier MKII models, 'Jane's Defence Weekly' reported quoting Russian manufacturer NPK Irkut.

The MKII model can only serve as an interceptor while the MK3 can fire anti-ship and anti-radiation supersonic Kh-31A/P series and television-guided Kh-59 subsonic cruise missiles.

The NO11M radar provides targeting for laser and television precision-guided missiles. It allows the MKIII to engage two air targets simultaneously with the R-27 missile or four with the RW-AE missile. It can also engage one air and one ground target at a time while searching for threats.

The Su-30MKIII will be built under licence at the Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd complex at Bangalore, with 140 platforms to be manufactured by 2017. The agreement has an overall value of five billion dollars, the report said.

The certification follows delivery of four Su-30MKIII from NPK Irkut earlier this month. Six more are due by the year-end, fulfilling a series of contracts signed in 1996-1998. These contracts covered 18 Su-30Ks delivered between March 1997 and December 1999 and 32 Su-30MKIs to be delivered between July 2002 and January 2005.

A Russian official was quoted as saying that talks are under way concerning a mid-life upgradation of Su-30MKIs. This would involve integration of avionic systems being developed for the Indo-Russian fifth generation fighter, called the T-50 by Sukhoi, together with more powerful engines and an improved logistics system.

Seems more like a downgrade to me.

That was exactly what I thought reading the article, although I expect more range than the 200Km, because MKI has a bigger nose and more power to offer than the Mig. Will be interesting to see if that will be true and why?

That was exactly what I thought reading the article, although I expect more range than the 200Km, because MKI has a bigger nose and more power to offer than the Mig. Will be interesting to see if that will be true and why?

Actually I think the writer just written something to make a news. I think MKI may use upgraded BARS with EASA antena. Its not easy to use a completely different radar and that also spending unnecessary extra integration work and cost for an inferior radar.

WHOSE PAYING

well that's a very very good question.................. :coffee::coffee::coffee: i think they will pay for it !!!!!!:what::what: ........... WHO....... the:usflag::usflag: for war on terror............

Indeed i was thinking the same thing but i believe range of the radar is not everything, its certainly a very important factor but not the only factor. I believe radar resolution is also a very important factor, the aircraft should be able to discriminate how many bogies are inbound. Could be that this radar also has other superior Fire Control Characteristics, superior processing capabilities and better resistance to elements in different weather patterns. A radar upgrade for the MKI is a forgone conclusion, after all its IAF's main air superiority fighter and is expected to punch through the enemy's defences. I think IAF would be willing to forgo an AESA radar on MRCA aircrafts but would feel that MKI is a priority for them in this field.

WHOSE PAYING

You prove over and over again that you are just a fanboy and always have yourself debunked. Keep preparing your hypothetical scenarios based on paper analysis, gladly wars are not fought on papers and their are lots of other factors that matter. If you believe that IAF could swoop out PAF in one strike, than thats your choice but last i checked they have kept their adversaries at their side of the border. Leave it to us how we finance our defence purchases, we are flattered by how much you care.

Indeed i was thinking the same thing but i believe range of the radar is not everything, its certainly a very important factor but not the only factor. I believe radar resolution is also a very important factor, the aircraft should be able to discriminate how many bogies are inbound. Could be that this radar also has other superior Fire Control Characteristics, superior processing capabilities and better resistance to elements in different weather patterns. A radar upgrade for the MKI is a forgone conclusion, after all its IAF's main air superiority fighter and is expected to punch through the enemy's defences. I think IAF would be willing to forgo an AESA radar on MRCA aircrafts but would feel that MKI is a priority for them in this field.

I am not against a radar upgrade, I am only surprised that they want to replace the Bars radar with a complete new Zhuk radar, because it was reported that the Bars can be converted to AESA too. Bars AESA would have increased the already very good performance of the radar and should make maintenance easier, because of experience with older system and commonality. That's why I said it would be interesting to know why such a move is better.

WHOSE PAYING

We are just like we payed for our blk 52s!!!!

Back
Top Bottom