main-entrance.jpg
shareiq-592-1455949606-396346-jpg-destreviewimages-933x700-1455949606.jpg

Vizag

Attachments

• viz1.jpg
    viz1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 22
Gr8 news for India-Pak.!

Solar power gen. @ Rs. 3-5/unit is rapidly heading to Rs. 1/unit.

Well. it's a great news sir if indeed it's happening. but can i ask for further details on this ? As upon my latest study the lowest prices which were offered in India are 2.94 Rupees/unit. though they have achieved price of Rs. 2.2/unit in Dubai. but said it's "currently" not possible for India to bring Prices as low as this due to the high return expectations of investors and "lack of modern technology". So how exactly can we achieve this low price/unit in our region ?

P.s INR Rs 2.94 are still Rs 5.3 in PKR. Our nuclear plants are Producing electricity PKR Rs. 6/unit. If i remember correctly.

That's what i just mentioned above. Rs. 2.97 (i miss-quoted it as 2.94) with an escalation of 5 paisa/unit for next 15 year's (mean increase in /unit rate for that particular project).

also , that's what i have said about the (current) technological restrains in process of reducing cost to as low as Rs. 2.2 ... Rs. 1/unit to boht dhoor hay phir..

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...n-dubai-not-in-india/articleshow/53110633.cms

BTW still, it's great news that Per unit Prices decreased from a Rs. 10-12 in 2011 to Rs. 3-4 in 2016.

i think it will be only possible to decrease them to Rs. 1/unit not before then 2020. (for India) .Pakistan will have this Privileged even more late. may be in 2023-24

That's what i just mentioned above. Rs. 2.97 (i miss-quoted it as 2.94) with an escalation of 5 paisa/unit for next 15 year's (mean increase in /unit rate for that particular project).

also , that's what i have said about the (current) technological restrains in process of reducing cost to as low as Rs. 2.2 ... Rs. 1/unit to boht dhoor hay phir..

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...n-dubai-not-in-india/articleshow/53110633.cms

BTW still, it's great news that Per unit Prices decreased from a Rs. 10-12 in 2011 to Rs. 3-4 in 2016.

i think it will be only possible to decrease them to Rs. 1/unit not before then 2020. (for India) .Pakistan will have this Privileged even more late. may be in 2023-24

^^^
I think of Dubai and Singapore; even Hong-Kong and Shanghai as colonial cousins of S. Asian colonial cities, including Karachi. In my mind's eye, what happens above foreign mega-cities eventually passes on to S. Asia. For eg. Dubai, HK and Shanghai mega towers came up with a lag time of 25-50 re: the Americas; but many Indian cities are coming up with many pvt. mega talls at competitive market rates.

Therefore, if Dubai can pull-off Rs. 2.2 tariff, and Mexico Rs. 3-5 already, and India Rs. 2.97; and as you say 2020; that's "dooor ki baat", Not! 3 yrs. is nothing for a current generation tech. to penetrate and get 'owned' by first China, then India etc. Many technologies, not too many, are not there in 2-3 generations( 50-75 yrs. ).

Point being, India and Pakistan lead the curve in demand side adaptation (more innovation, re-engineering and homologation required) of Global tech. within no time. That's huge!

Pakistan will catch up, sadly it's been at war for an entire generation if not more. Ever since East, some say main Pakistan, turned over to Bangladesh; India reaped a peace dividend from the Cold War while Pakistan got itself severely embroiled in Us Vs. USSR proxy war in Afghanistan.

India is reaping it's peace dividend after some dilly-dallying because from being a defence state, ever after the Bangladesh issue, India turned inwards to fix itself up first as a social welfare state and then as an economic miracle-in the-making-in-India.

Summarily, India will use it's massive demand side curve to drive Solar rates down to Rs 1. Howzzat ;) ?

This Pic. Speaks a 1000 Words Re: Indian Economic Model
- By the way, it's a typical st. scene, minus the Ferrari which anyone will agree is atypical
8753110684_81d7a26483_b.jpg

(c) JayR Photos, on Flickr; http://www.flickr.com/

Last edited:
Therefore, if Dubai can pull-off Rs. 2.2 tariff, and Mexico Rs. 3-5 already, and India Rs. 2.97; and as you say 2020; that's "dooor ki baat", Not! 3 yrs. is nothing for a current generation tech. to penetrate and get 'owned' by first China, then India etc. Many technologies, not too many, are not there in 2-3 generations( 50-75 yrs. ).

Point being, India and Pakistan lead the curve in demand side adaptation (more innovation, re-engineering and homologation required) of Global tech. within no time. That's huge!

Well. in this case i agree. 3 year's is noting. India definitely will achieve this target and i hope Pakistan will follow Inshallah.

Back
Top Bottom