What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

In next 40 years, what plan India have to stop traffic growth? Not even in advance countries they can't stop that but they plan according to yearly growth and then based on that they build roads in advance and that is how things work. Do these planner calculate those things?

No plans for the moment. The focus right now however, is on public transportation, as it should be.

Nice but terrible driving etiquette, Especially on a expressway, Everyone driving on the right /fast lanes and honking, Heavy vehicles on the middle lanes, Are there any programs to educate people on correct driving methods on freeways ?

From what I saw on the video our driving etiquette on expressways is much better . Nobody honks on expressways here . Also the driving sense in Islamabad is much better . Maybe There are way too much cars on Indian roads .

mass transportation can be achieved without spending that much, i meant, without metro, other cheaper options can also provide same fruition

@Bombaywalla

Like what? Please give me examples other than the MetroBus that you have in Pakistan, which is of a much lower capacity than mass transit railway.

From what I saw on the video our driving etiquette on expressways is much better . Nobody honks on expressways here . Also the driving sense in Islamabad is much better . Maybe There are way too much cars on Indian roads .

... more cars, more people, more everything.

Bombay city drives much better than the rest of India, though.

Like what? Please give me examples other than the MetroBus that you have in Pakistan, which is of a much lower capacity than mass transit railway.

metro bus in pakistan is a true master piece of corruption, only a small segment of people takes advantage of this, where as similar advantages could also be achieved by different means,

i can not give you examples because im no expert, but what i want to say is why make metro, which is imported and expensive, why cant a simple home grown train transit provide same benefits, or we need to make things costly for the looks

metro bus in pakistan is a true master piece of corruption, only a small segment of people takes advantage of this, where as similar advantages could also be achieved by different means,

i can not give you examples because im no expert, but what i want to say is why make metro, which is imported and expensive, why cant a simple home grown train transit provide same benefits, or we need to make things costly for the looks

Metro rakes are made in India and only the initial sets were imported.

For a mega city like Bombay with a massive population of over 20 mil, A rapid transit system is a must, So i dont see there are other viable options to a Metro system there, As is for other places like Delhi and Madras

its good but there is still a debate going on in pakistan over these projects, which fits on india too like
1. what should be the priority of a country with large population living blow poverty line?
2. these projects cost too much for a developing country.

I'm bored of this same song. Now what else a government should do? India is not a country full of poor people. Only 21% lives under poverty line. According to your idiotic argument. Government should only spend for welfare schemes of BPL people. We are a developing country and we have a lot of money:azn: there is a lot of people who can afford these transit systems. Let them have it. Or we should travel in bullock carts, since 21% of our people live in poverty? We find our own ways to do things. The poverty song is outdated since the Mars Mission:wave: The same applies to Pakistan too. Don't wait till everybody is on board or you reach the destination late.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom