What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Mumbai
mumbai_skysrapers.png

photocopyright Hersh Javeri @ http://s19.postimg.org/btura2pj7/mumbai_skysrapers.png

its good but there is still a debate going on in pakistan over these projects, which fits on india too like
1. what should be the priority of a country with large population living blow poverty line?
2. these projects cost too much for a developing country.

Good development, but why road is two lane only? i see lots of building back side and after they fill this area will have huge traffic problem. Not everyone travel via train. For next 40 years requirement they should keep a land for six to eight lane

Nice but terrible driving etiquette, Especially on a expressway, Everyone driving on the right /fast lanes and honking, Heavy vehicles on the middle lanes, Are there any programs to educate people on correct driving methods on freeways ?

Nothing en masse unfortunately (there are specific localised ones though). It reminds me when I was visiting SEA (thailand malaysia etc) as a small kid..and then much later.There is a transition period that happens as a country develops for its driving. Like the bad driving is still there in those areas overall, but its improved from before.

India its going to take a long time I think (but I have seen improvement even here from what it was in the 90s). First thing they got to do is make sure full accreditation and enforcement of all the driving schools. Some are very shoddy and dubious indeed unfortunately.

There has to be more investment into enforcement is what it boils down to. Right now the major thing long overdue that is finally going to be done in 2017 is the car safety standards overhaul (crash test standards etc).

Next one should definitely be highway rule enforcement, no overtaking on outside lanes would be a good start.

Etiquette will be something that will take much longer.

How is the driving overall in SL btw?

Nice but terrible driving etiquette

You don't say!?

It's beyond frustrating. If we don't do something about our driving soon, we are doomed! and this applies to all of South Asia in general; some are worse off than others, though.

It's definitely better than India's, but we've ALL got an awful long way to go.

great shares, i think this is the problem of india and pakistan that most of funds go to such costly initiatives, where as the poor remains in bad condition.

I don't understand where this sort of thinking comes from; I honestly don't. It's call mass public transportation for a reason.

Nothing en masse unfortunately (there are specific localised ones though).

I wish there was a way we could ban two wheelers. They're the absolute worst.

Good development, but why road is two lane only? i see lots of building back side and after they fill this area will have huge traffic problem. Not everyone travel via train. For next 40 years requirement they should keep a land for six to eight lane

More lanes = more cars = more traffic. More public transportation, less private transport, is going to have to be the norm. Those who choose to take their cars to work, will have to deal with massive parking charges, toll, and long hours of being stranded on the expressway.

Terrible but atleast they're better on expressways, Rules are strictly adhered to and there are separate rules people generally keep to their left and show indicators when overtaking but overall it's a nightmare driving on Lankan roads especially with Buses and tuk tuks swarming all over

Only thing i notice is that in Sri Lanka drivers stop for traffic lights and pedestrian crossings, In India they dont.. Lol

You don't say!?

It's beyond frustrating. If we don't do something about our driving soon, we are doomed! and this applies to all of South Asia in general; some are worse off than others, though.

It's definitely better than India's, but we've ALL got an awful long way to go.

I don't understand where this sort of thinking comes from; I honestly don't. It's call mass public transportation for a reason.

I wish there was a way we could ban two wheelers. They're the absolute worst.

More lanes = more cars = more traffic. More public transportation, less private transport, is going to have to be the norm. Those who choose to take their cars to work, will have to deal with massive parking charges, toll, and long hours of being stranded on the expressway.

In next 40 years, what plan India have to stop traffic growth? Not even in advance countries they can't stop that but they plan according to yearly growth and then based on that they build roads in advance and that is how things work. Do these planner calculate those things?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom