What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

4_1883890g.jpg
chennai metro on trial

Mistake is urs. It was u all who voted Congress to Power where a top economist is treated as a puupet and some waitress and her useless, qualificationless, resultless son is been made PM of this country.

Congress has always tried to keep ppl poor so that they can be scared in name of caste, creed n religion.

It was Vajpayee govt that with its swift policies cleared all development projects which the Congress encashed and looted ppl with so many scams.

We all r responsible. No point crying now

Completely true. However, I think MMS is also a pussy for allowing Sonia to bully him around. If he was so smart and principled, then why did he not resign instead of allowing these fools to drive him and his reformist policies into the ground?

^^^
I'm opinionated on this issue.
  1. First, Dr. Subramaniam Swamy clearly states that India should be thankfull that Dr. Singh didn't resign. The greater risk being India ending up with worse. US Vs. UK school of thought between Dr. Swamy's Harvard type shadow finance minister role Vs. Oxford-Cambridge type Dr. Singh narrative .

2. Second, in the mold of PV Narashimha Rao, projecting simplicity retians strong merit in Indian politics. Humility, even to the extent of deference, is in a class of it's own. Don't forget they don't hand-out Ph.D's in Ox-Cam for peanuts. However, nobody ever said Ox-Cam Dons were simple. This is my point.

3. Third & final, the chaotic, dynastic, criminalised zoo that passes off as democracy in India, and democracy it is, demands out-of-the-box leadership skills. A consensus candidate may have to be all sort of things to all interest groups. A fine balance. I, coming around to Dr. Swamy's view, credit Dr. Singh of pulling off his terms notwithstanding the odds against him. Often at the cost of private, personal and professional reputation.

Last edited:
Microsoft Hyderabad India Development Office

^^^
As a non-Indian, I'm opinionated on this issue.

1. First, Dr. Subramaniam Swamy, clearly states that India should be thankfull that Ox-Cam type Dr. Singh didn't resign. The greater risk was being that India might have ended up with someone much worse. US Vs. UK school of thought between Dr. Swamy's Harvard type shadow finance minister narrative Vs. Oxford-Cambridge type Dr. Singh.

2. Second, in the mold of PV Narashimha Rao, there is strong merit in politics, specially Indian politics, about the old adage of silence being golden. Humility, even to the extent of deference, is in a class of it's own. Don't forget they don't hand-out Ph.D's in Oxford and Cambridge for peanuts. This is my point.

3. Third & final, The chaotic, dynastic, criminalised zoo that passes off as democracy in India, and democracy it is, demands unique leadership skills. A consensus candidate may have to be all sort of things to all interest groups. A fine balance. I, coming around to Dr. Swamy's view, credit Dr. Singh of pulling his terms off notwithstanding the odds against him. Often at the cost of private, personal and professional reputation.

I know that MMS is not a fool. The last time I checked, Ox-Cam does not admit half-wits. And plus, consensus based "appease everyone" politics is a sure-shot recipe for failure (As you can see from the current state of affairs that are prevalent in India.

Humility only goes so far after which people start taking you for granted, especially the cronies in desi politics start taking advantage of you and drive you to the ground. These mofos need an ***-whooping and MMS could have provided them a much needed dose of harshness but he did not. He should have given them the finger, say "****-you" in the harshest tone possible and pissed all over them.

I know that probably it is not possible to do this in India but I would have loved to see him try. Would have at least shaken things up a bit. And no, silence is NEVER GOLDEN. You see something wrong, you stand up against it. No exceptions.

^^^

Modi is the man of the hr., yet I say Dr. Subramaniam Swamy's words have merit:
  1. First, Dr. Swamy clearly states that India should be thankfull that Dr. Singh didn't resign. The greater risk being India ending up with worse. US Vs. UK school of thought between Dr. Swamy's Harvard type shadow finance minister role Vs. Oxford-Cambridge type Dr. Singh narrative .

2. Second, in the mold of PV 'Narasingh/Narasimha' Rao (Narasimha = Nar+Singh = the real Mr. Singh), projecting simplicity is the bedrock of Indian politics. Humility, even to the extent of deference, is in a class of it's own. However, nobody ever said Ox-Cam Dons were simple. This is my point. They don't hand-out Ph.D's in Ox-Cam for peanuts.

3. Third & final, the chaotic, dynastic, criminalised zoo that passes off as democracy in India, demands out-of-the-box leadership skills. A consensus candidate may have to be all sort of things to all interest groups. A fine balance. I, coming around to Dr. Swamy's view, credit Dr. Singh of pulling off his terms notwithstanding the odds against him. Often at the cost of private, personal and professional reputation.

^^^
Veena Malik, Another Pakistani Punjabi

veena-malik_139988910600.jpg

To give credit where credit is due ...

MMS co-opted the US on nukes.
Focused on - "It's the economy $tup*d." MMS nearly tripled the Indian economy.
MMS turned India into Global # 3. Not regional, not Asian, not Commonwealth not Brown. Global # 3. You try!

He not only unleashed the Indian economy, but check-mated his birthplace Pakistan dirty tricks.

MMS also managed to serve as long as the longest serving PM of India Indira Gandhi.
MMS, if nothing else, gave India 15-25 yrs. of solid, policy level stability in finance and economy.
That alone is awesome compared to the neighbourhood, or elsewhere in the developing world.

A lessor, more populist PM may have bought and backfired upon his birthplace Pakistan's calculated provocations of Kargill, 7/11, Mumbai attacks etc.

Easy to drum up anti-Pak. rhetoric in the face of such overwhelming attacks with the and over-the-top emotional Indian media and naive, none too bright public, sorry. The whole world could see India coming. Pak.'s fixation was derail the economy. MMS quietly took the Pak. hits, but in reality SIGNED the 1-2-3 (Go) US deal. Look where India is now, Globally. MMS kept his nose to the grindstone, to his pet - the economy.

Don't miss the wood for the trees guys.

Follow the herd, it's easy to gang-up, mob and kick one who is down and out like MMS.
I repeat Dr. Swamy's words that if not for MMS, things could have been a hell of a lot worse. Again, just check the 'hood - Af.-Pak, Middle-East, Burma, Iraq, Nepal ... never mind the one-off Bangladesh miracle.

Take it easy.

I put up the above post before the below Economist article came out -
  • India’s departing PM makes an easy punchbag, but critics are too harsh
dlf Hines Horizon, Gurgaon

horizonelevation.jpg

- renders published around 2011, above

- below render shows a metro line, roundabout ;)
locationbig1.jpg

- slightly modded neighbourhood pic. below, 2014
bg1.jpg

- project reality, the boards in the foreground are the metro line under construction, 2014 :).
23mu1p3.jpg

All in 2 yrs. Call it the PVR Rao - MMS effect. Not bad.

*Veena's pic. is pure eye candy ;)

Last edited:
Paksindhi said:
NO CONTEST, U CERTERNLY HAVE BETTER MALL'S , I'LL GIVE THIS TO YOU.:cheers:

^^^
Oh common mate..lets get a healthy discussion going on...

You must be having some great malls..post there pics here.
from wiki, google, imageshack or where ever.

^^^^^

Reading Military Inc. by Ayesha Siddiqa, Pak. malls, real-estate etc. must be out of this world. Why?
Pak is awash in black money, that's why. The war on the communists earlier, then the drug running, and now the war on terrorism are blockbuster black money fountains. Russian money, Arab funding, US/EU/Oz./Japan Af.-Pak. stash.

Metro Rail Infra.
- Indian metro rails are awesome in the Indian context sure, but contemporary. Futuristic is better, they really had a chance to max the funding game and go for maglev metro. And it's easier to say that now, 25 yrs. ago when they got started nobody knew if India would survive the Berlin Wall coming down. There was loose talk of balkanisation a la Yugoslavia.

Agriculture, mining and fisheries don't attract any taxes either. Pak. military has a finger in all.

Build-It-And-They-Will-Come, Over-the-Top; that should be Pak. Military-Industrial complex's mentality, no?

Stuff Like This TCS IT Park, Chennai-India

TCS+office+SIPCOT+IT+park+SIRUSERI.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...W5SYKsHJ5ccR-IM982_5Diw_jHN7hVb6DR3Rwuskua4tA

Word is India's economy is 50 % black. My logic says Pak.'s over 75 % black. The above Gurgaon type projects must be all over Pakistan, one would think, no? Gr8 for recycling black money.

Or elite residential complexes like dlf Crest, Hiranandani Mumbai, Pak.'s DHA is in he same biz., elite and officer housing.

Therefore, Pak. malls and real-estate would be far, far beyond India's. It's overwhelmingly military funded. However, since 2010, Mumbai's infrastructure and real-estate are leaving Karachi way behind. The decade before, Karachi and Bombay have shit, even if Karachi was a little ahead. Specially space wise.

Another eg. is New Delhi's pimple, Gurgoan:

The Gurgaon story: A mirror to India's growth

Pssst! Mumbai's and large tracts of India's mega mall and real-estate are also in part, Af.-Pak. funded.

Modi Wins, Watch This Thread Go Boom!

narendra_modi_elections2.jpg

Modi's going to put Mumbai on booster juice. India too.
Bombay is substantially Gujju. Bombay, and India biz. world is Gujju.
Tata's speak Gujju at home. Ambani's, Azim Premji, Birla's are all Gujju speaking too.

Dalal St. is on fire. Bombay merchants, traders, brokers, punters-clunkers ...
- Parsis, Jains, Ismailis, Dawoodis, Marwari's ... all speak 'Gujju' @ home like yours truly.

Last edited:
Howzzat?

2qc15s0.jpg

Some Eye-Candy

dlf new high-end housing project, Gurgaon
dlf_park_place_building.JPG

Bangalore, Check Skyline ;)
- best weather, real opportunities for educated S. Asians and better infra.
image1_l.jpg

Richie-Rich Mumbai Again
-I love this pic. specially for all the open spaces around the mega-talls. Future bright.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom