What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

KINGDOM OF DREAMS , Gurgaon

kingdom-of-dreams.jpg

45.jpg

tumblr_laiyh7sOs81qdcd8oo1_500.png

India's first F1 track unveiled

[video]http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/fromndtv/213986[/video]

The Buddh International Circuit was today unveiled amid much fanfare ahead of the widely-anticipated inaugural Indian Grand Prix and was described as "one of the best in the world" by the country's first F1 driver Narain Karthikeyan. "I have raced on all the major F1 tracks across the globe and I rate this track as one of the best in the world," said Karthikeyan. There has been much speculation about the readiness and preparation of the track for the October 30 showpiece but all that was put to rest when the 5.4-km long racetrack, Jaypee's Buddh International Circuit, was formally opened in the presence of Manoj Gaur, the chairman of Jaypee Group, Vicky Chandhok, president of the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI) and Karthikeyan.

The track got its name from spiritual leader Gautam Buddha, founder of Buddhism. Incidentally, the track is located in the Gautam Buddh Nagar District. Spread over 875 acres, the fastest lap time on the track is expected to be under 1 minute 27 seconds with average speeds crossing 210 kmph. There will be a total of sixty laps in the race. "It's the greatest sporting infrastructure created by a private company and it also conforms to the latest set of FIA guidelines," said Gaur.

Asked about the security measures that would be put in place during the event, Gaur said, "Security has been beefed up at all levels. We have made no compromise on that front." One of the questions that the organisers would be asking themselves is how to maintain the track once the race is over.
"Circuit needs to be utilised properly and definitely national racing events will be held on this track after the race. That is how budding Indian racers will come up. Around USD 400 million has been invested in this whole project," said Chandhok. The Chennai-born Karthikeyan warmed up for the home GP by driving a Mercedes safety car for a couple of laps to get a feel of the track. On the occasion, the theme song of the event was also released, sung by leading Bollywood and Indipop singers Leslie Lewis, Daler Mehandi, KK and Lucky Ali. The number is a racy one in sync with the nature of the event. The race tune is "Hum mein raftar jeete bar bar". For the assembled mediapersons, a car show was organised where Neel Jani, the Swiss racer of Indian origin, burnt the rubber in a Red Bull Racing car at the Jaypee circuit.

India's first F1 track unveiled - Hindustan Times

AC/DC doesn't really matter since both have their advs and dis-advs. However, Delhi-Metro had a different vision when they started off. Unlike Bangalore-metro, DM went with BG which is common with other commuter rail in India. This needed a redesign of the coaches. The idea of interoperability is not bad at all. That may explain the use of AC.

And when you said "fantastic opportunity to build a modular, upgradable, scalable open source system was botched", were you talking about the stations or the trains? I'm interested to know.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

For complex problems like this, one takes a systems approach.

Both train and platform systems. Make sense ?

Technically speaking, systems modules are rolling stock, civil works including platforms, finance system, electrical system, feeder system, throughput/control system, org. system, the k (contractor's ) and sub-k, sub-sub k eco-system.

True. However DM is unique as it uses three different rake sources

The DAME rolling stock is from CAF Beasain.

Bombardier manufactures BG MOVIA coaches in Savli, Gujarat.

The ROTEM coaches include both SG and BG units for the first phase trains and SG lines (2 corridor as far as I know)

Delhi metro is atleast 9 years old. We should expect Bangalore metro to be better! Future metros should be even better!
DAME is a high speed metro connection with maximum operating speed of 135 kmph. Bangalore airport HSR connection is going to be similar.
man i have travelled alot abroad and can tell from my experience delhi metro is one of the best maintained and the amount of public it handles and yes just check the pic i am loading the latest racke on the badarpur line is same just the head lights are different and yes the plight is it seems bit less broader as compared to the older ones :-)
this rack is what i am talking about
The-Central-Secretariat-To-Sarita-Vihar-Section.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry mate!

Technically speaking, I may not appreciate your 'bs baffles brains' post :woot: .
  • Who said anything about AC/DC? I'm talking about the power delivery/transfer system only. That pantograph $hit is over 100 yrs. old, sure China uses it on high speed rail too, so what. Outdated idea outdated hi hota hai.

Why do you think I'm sad about this?

The reason is that a fantastic opportunity to build a modular, upgradable, scalable open source system was botched :bad: ;( You may be a fan of AC. I would bet the future on DC. DC makes far more sense in Delhi and developing country context, except Edison of GE fame long ago ran away with AC with good marketing. Re: Delhi metro, bet you vested interests played a role. Steel brokers, traders.Because double decker carbon-fibre rakes/coaches will be that much harder to run.

Yeah, double deck, carbon fibre rakes. Coming up! :yahoo:
OK intelligent boy tell me any metro system which runs on third rail AC system dude only brtain has third rail system on A.C network for railways not for metros that to they have started to phase out
man let me tell u the third rail tech is as old as the panto graph tech it is just that the panto graph tech was made popular in france and the third rail tech came out of Britain and friend i was talking about metro trains not high speed train so just think before u write just show me any metro network which runs on the same tech as Delhi metro and let me tell u panto graph tech is much safe as in case somebody falls on the track then u know what may happen and just Google which tech is much more extensively used and what are the draw backs of the third rail tech i am not here to teach ya but the thing i cannot agree on the thing that panto tech is old tech man u are making me laugh....... no offences dude but it is not old fashion but it is the latest fashion as London tubes and other metro systems used third rail tech may be 60 years back....

and about D.C it needs which more amplification and is more costlier maintain and the latest propulsion tech is based on 3 phase ac motors so u need to change the current if in D.C to A.C and on the contrary friend poor countries should opt for A.C network it is cheaper and lest costlier on of the best advantage of A.C current is less transmission losses

^^^^^^^^^^^^

For complex problems like this, one takes a systems approach.

Both train and platform systems. Make sense ?

Technically speaking, systems modules are rolling stock, civil works including platforms, finance system, electrical system, feeder system, throughput/control system, org. system, the k (contractor's ) and sub-k, sub-sub k eco-system.
Can u please explain the bold part please.....

Kathipara junction view from Flight at Alandur in Chennai...

Chennai-3330.jpg

Nehru Planetorium Mumbai

Mumbai-4659.jpg

Surat - Athwalines

Surat-664.jpg

Indoor Stadium - Surat

Surat-660.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom