What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

All the members who like his thread , I have arequest, if anyone who would like to support me in my blog on indian develpment(same topic as this thread)...especially with pics from their states please PM me...even if you are a bad photographer :P or quote reply now...thanks in advance

All the members who like his thread , I have arequest, if anyone who would like to support me in my blog on indian develpment(same topic as this thread)...especially with pics from their states please PM me...even if you are a bad photographer :P or quote repy now...thanks in advance

yes i am interested...pm me the url

Where are the photos of such developement projects in UP-Bihar-Jharkhand-Orissa where nearly 40% of our country's population resides. :$

GTMBhagalpur.jpg

GTM Mall in Bhagalpur

Centre promises speedy clearance for Metro Ph II

“The proposal to extend the Namma Metro to another 72 kms in the second phase at an investment of Rs 23,800 crore is before the state government. As and when they send the proposal to us (Centre), the clearance will be accorded. We are also ready to sanction the Rs 6,000 crore high speed rail link covering 34 kms from the city centre to the international airport,” Kamal Nath said.

He said, the Centre is giving a thrust to development of suburban and satellite towns. The Centre has sanctioned

financial assistance in terms of water supply, sewage and waste management to Kanakapura town on the city outskirts.

The Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) has already prepared the detailed project report for the second phase of Namma Metro and the proposal is awaiting the state cabinet approval. The second phase will provide connectivity to key suburbs of Bangalore like electronic city, Whitefield and Indian Institute of Management among others.

D V Sadananda Gowda, chief minister of Karnataka said the state cabinet would clear the proposal very soon and send the formal request to the Centre at the earliest. The state government was also mulling over the idea of forming a separate board for metro projects, he said.

Presently, the first phase of Namma Metro is being executed at a cost of Rs 11,609 crore. The 42.3 km project is split into two corridors - east-west corridor for 18.1 kms and north-south corridor for 24.2 kms. The construction is scheduled to be completed by December 2013.

Gowda said Japan International Cooperation Agency has extended a loan of ¥64 billion (Rs 2,850 crore) to the Namma Metro project.

Commenting on the first ride in Namma Metro, Akitaka Saiki, Japanese Ambassador, said, “It was a wonderful, beautiful and very smooth ride. It was like the rush hour ride in Tokyo”.

Yep, a very long way to go. In fact, light years. Just check below:

India-SlumBuildingBack.jpg

India%20Slums%20082808.jpg

India is mainly a big slum with no proper hygiene or infrastructure in place despite the so-called economic boom. The few rich are f i l t h y rich and the majority of the poor cannot even afford two meals a day. This is the reality about India. Just posting a few pictures of posh shopping centres won't change the reality.

Stop putting mud on others first clean yours.

Where are the photos of such developement projects in UP-Bihar-Jharkhand-Orissa where nearly 40% of our country's population resides. :$

Its there, you gotto look for it. You should check out East India Projects - SkyscraperCity

==========================================================

List of the cities with metro/monorail in future. :cheers:

Operating:
1) Kolkata
2) Delhi
3) Bengaluru

U/C (Metro):
1) Mumbai
2) Chennai
3) Jaipur
4) Gurgaon
5) Hyderabad
6)Ahmedabad
7)Kochi

Proposed (Metro):
1) Pune
2) Chandigarh
3) Navi Mumbai
4) Bhopal
5) Lucknow
6) Ludhiana
7) Kanpur
8) NOIDA
9) Srinagar
10) Jammu
11) Patna
12) Indore
13) Guwahati/Dispur
14) Amritsar

U/C (Monorail):
1) Mumbai

Proposed (Monorail)
1) Chennai
2) Bangalore
3) Trivandrum
4) Coimbatore
5) Madurai
6) Trichy
7) Aizawl
8) Calicut

Would like to see an elevated rail stretching from kasargod to Trivandrum in Kerala. The roads are so damn busy.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom