What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

RISING INDIA

183610_10150413422010055_802435054_17244054_564808_n.jpg

"Indian national bird" taking off from the field

question to Delhites..... Delhi metro, the part where you can check in baggage and boarding pass is awesome..one question though , when you get down you land directly into the terminal or what ??i hope so , becuase it sound so comfortable:alcoholic::hang2: .last time when i was in delhi if i had to go to southdelhi from north campus the line(red one i reckon) finished at central secretariat ,from there bus, which was not so comfortable(to put it delicately):bad: does the metro covers the whole delhi now ???

Present length is about 200 KM, in the next phase(construction starts this november) they will add another 100 km, and then anothher 150 KM in phase IV.

This is the current map.

1280px-Delhi_metro_rail_network.svg.png

what about the worlds largest slum in mumbai....any chances of extending it?
Nah its big enough....
y, do u wanna stay?Still plenty of room .

--------------- edited-------------- mods did a great job-------------------------

Whats wrong with you? You really aren't funny aren't clever and aren't big. Time to grow up and don't pollute the forum. Raheel sort it out bro!!!!!!!

Man panto graph on a metro train is new technology and more over it shows that Delhi metro runs on A.C. current which doesn't require frequent substations as compared to d.c supply which is done on Bangalore metro and let me inform u about this that Delhi metro is the only metro train network in the world which uses panto graph and over head supply tech. please don't post any pics of some air conditioned sub urban trains i hope u understand the difference even Chennai will have the panto graph tech in its metro and Alstom is establishing a world class manufacturing facility near Chennai for that not sure about Hyderabad. so check it Google it DMRC proved that metros can be run on 25kv line used by regular railways anyways these trains have ac traction motors i hope u know that
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry mate!

Technically speaking, I may not appreciate your 'bs baffles brains' post :woot: .
  • Who said anything about AC/DC? I'm talking about the power delivery/transfer system only. That pantograph $hit is over 100 yrs. old, sure China uses it on high speed rail too, so what. Outdated idea outdated hi hota hai.

Why do you think I'm sad about this?

The reason is that a fantastic opportunity to build a modular, upgradable, scalable open source system was botched :bad: ;( You may be a fan of AC. I would bet the future on DC. DC makes far more sense in Delhi and developing country context, except Edison of GE fame long ago ran away with AC with good marketing. Re: Delhi metro, bet you vested interests played a role. Steel brokers, traders.Because double decker carbon-fibre rakes/coaches will be that much harder to run.

Yeah, double deck, carbon fibre rakes. Coming up! :yahoo:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry mate!

Technically speaking, I may not appreciate your 'bs baffles brains' post :woot: .
  • Who said anything about AC/DC? I'm talking about the power delivery/transfer system only. That pantograph $hit is over 100 yrs. old, sure China uses it on high speed rail too, so what. Outdated idea outdated hi hota hai.

Why do you think I'm sad about this?

The reason is that a fantastic opportunity to build a modular, upgradable, scalable open source system was botched :bad: ;( You may be a fan of AC. I would bet the future on DC. DC makes far more sense in Delhi and developing country context, except Edison of GE fame long ago ran away with AC with good marketing. Re: Delhi metro, bet you vested interests played a role. Steel brokers, traders.Because double decker carbon-fibre rakes/coaches will be that much harder to run.

Yeah, double deck, carbon fibre rakes. Coming up! :yahoo:

AC/DC doesn't really matter since both have their advs and dis-advs. However, Delhi-Metro had a different vision when they started off. Unlike Bangalore-metro, DM went with BG which is common with other commuter rail in India. This needed a redesign of the coaches. The idea of interoperability is not bad at all. That may explain the use of AC.

And when you said "fantastic opportunity to build a modular, upgradable, scalable open source system was botched", were you talking about the stations or the trains? I'm interested to know.

It is manufactured by the same company Mitsubishi rotam and the racks are same as that of the badarpur line or the purple line it is just it is not much crowded and is being shown on the t.v :)

True. However DM is unique as it uses three different rake sources

The DAME rolling stock is from CAF Beasain.

Bombardier manufactures BG MOVIA coaches in Savli, Gujarat.

The ROTEM coaches include both SG and BG units for the first phase trains and SG lines (2 corridor as far as I know)

Delhi metro is atleast 9 years old. We should expect Bangalore metro to be better! Future metros should be even better!
DAME is a high speed metro connection with maximum operating speed of 135 kmph. Bangalore airport HSR connection is going to be similar.

Delhi metro was and is very successful because of its management(Truly unbelievable that it is under Indian Railways).
Hope Bangalore goes the same way!!

Delhi Metro is managed by DMRC , not Indian Railways.

Kolkata Metro is managed by Indian Railways.

E Sreedharan , who headed Konkan Railways project and Kolkata Metro , is current head of DMRC.

ETA%20Delhi%20Metro.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom