What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Plan is to have metro in every city with a population of 2 Mil in the next 10-15 years in india. There are suggestions to reduce it to 1 Mil to reduce vehicles on the street.

China will also have metro in every cities with a population of 1 Mil. Some 43 cities in china will see metro in the next 10-15 years.

A lot of Tier2 and T3 cities in india will see metros.

Indian BUS system needs serious improvement. Delhi govt went ahead with BRT besides several strikes and oppositions. Other cities needs to follow it as a role model and build better BRT's . However it is completely upto the state govt's.

Delhi metro's Airport Express coaches have started to arrive from Korea. The airport express will be later extended to Gurgaon after PhaseII. Plan is people will be able to check in their baggages and get their boarding passes at the Shivaji stadium(Cannaught place) metro station itself, and then they can directly go to security check and board the aircraft reducing load at airport checkin counters. Airport express will be a standard gauge line as per international metro standard requirements.

Good news is that Gujrat factory of Bombardier has already started its delivery of Metro coaches made in india. Meanwhile BEML is already manufacturing for Rotem coaches in india.

Last edited:
Good news is that Gujrat factory of Bombardier has already started its delivery of Metro coaches made in india. Meanwhile BEML is already manufacturing for Rotem coaches in india.

A pic says more than a thousand words bros...

First Bomardeir coach rolling out of its Salvi plant, India.​

5366b18fcf2f242273b27cb0c8820e2e._.png

Gujrat International Financial Tech City( GIFT)
GANDHINAGAR, INDIA | Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (Multiple Towers) - SkyscraperPage Forum

6bd8668d7db045dd352875b64281bfff.jpg

[url="
- Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT)[/url]

Gujarat's GIFT zips into SEZ street

GANDHINAGAR: Ahmedabad’s aggressive claim as a global financial hub, streets ahead of Mumbai and rivalled only by the best in the world like
Manhattan, Shanghai, London and Singapore, got a sizzling punch with the Centre finally clearing a special economic zone (SEZ) status for the Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT).

The clearance paves the way for developing 250 acres out of the total 500-acre GIFT project as an SEZ with a possible International Finance Service Centre status that would make it one of its kind project in the country.

The project will of course add a sizzling global touch to Ahmedabad’s skyline with its glitzy skyscrapers, including a 400-metre tall diamond faceted steel and glass Diamond Tower. After all, it is being designed by the Shanghai-based East China Architectural Design & Research Institute Co Ltd that has designed Shanghai’s Pearl Tower.

More importantly, GIFT will alter the contours of India’s financial skyline as well by setting towering global benchmarks in investments, exports and job creation. The multi-services SEZ, which is slated to bring in investments of over Rs 15,000 crore, is targeting exports worth $1 billion in the first three years beginning 2010, when the first phase of the project will become operational.

Exports are slated to zoom to $2 billion per annum by the fifth year and to $3 billion by 2020. These figures could shoot through the roof if the project bags an IFSC status. On the job front, GIFT is targeting nearly 1 million jobs by 2020, including a direct employment of 4 lakh.

The project that promises to catapult Ahmedabad into the global big league is being developed by the Gujarat International Finance Tec-City Company Ltd, a joint venture between the state-run Gujarat Urban Development Company (GUDC) and Infrastructure Lease and Financial Services (IL&FS).

And apart from the IFSC, the SEZ portion of GIFT will house an international techno park, STPI technology units, international market zone, stock exchanges and services units, international education zone, integrated townships, entertainment zone, hotels and convention centre and shopping malls.

And so excited has the project got global and domestic finance biggies as well as realtors that even before it has got off the ground, 13 memoranda of understanding have already been inked with nearly 40 million sq ft space being booked.

Thanks guys! Didn't know this GIFT-city project existed in Gujarat. India is looking more and more like China every day! :cheers: I also enjoy the Pakistan development thread like Karachi which also looks like LA + Dubai mixed together. :yahoo: Ha ha ha, everyone is looking more like China.:china:

Last edited by a moderator:
Plan is to have metro in every city with a population of 2 Mil in the next 10-15 years in india. There are suggestions to reduce it to 1 Mil to reduce vehicles on the street.

China will also have metro in every cities with a population of 1 Mil. Some 43 cities in china will see metro in the next 10-15 years.

A lot of Tier2 and T3 cities in india will see metros.

Indian BUS system needs serious improvement. Delhi govt went ahead with BRT besides several strikes and oppositions. Other cities needs to follow it as a role model and build better BRT's . However it is completely upto the state govt's.

Delhi metro's Airport Express coaches have started to arrive from Korea. The airport express will be later extended to Gurgaon after PhaseII. Plan is people will be able to check in their baggages and get their boarding passes at the Shivaji stadium(Cannaught place) metro station itself, and then they can directly go to security check and board the aircraft reducing load at airport checkin counters. Airport express will be a standard gauge line as per international metro standard requirements.

:smitten::smitten:

China already has tons of high-speed MTR (mass transit railway), maglev and metros! China developed (with JV assistance) their own technology which is now the 2nd (or is it first?) fastest in the world, behind Japan but ahead of Germany. :woot::flame: You Indian guys gotta come and see for yourself, all brand spanking new! :china:

Pretty soon all of Asia will move up, and this is good for everyone!!!:yahoo:

The first photo is TERMINAL 3 of Beijing International Airport (see the dragon telescope). I've been there so I know. :):smitten:

sino is right .. the company which has provided expertise for beijing airport is the same one for hyderabad international.

i guess the mistake arose when nsg typed in hyderabd international airport on google images but the pic which comes out is the one given. here is the link

Google Image Result for http://specials.rediff.com/money/2008/mar/07china2.jpg

but impressive terminal nevertheless

Ha ha ha... Indian duplication has been revealed...!!!!

I suspect many of the photos of this thread are also hoaxes... :rofl:

Communist, I am surfing this site for quite a long time.
So please do not tell us who and what is actually a hoax here.;)

The first photo is TERMINAL 3 of Beijing International Airport (see the dragon telescope). I've been there so I know. :):smitten:
I know bro these people are so full of it, If you remember when your servent gets money or all of the sudden come out of crises he/she will act so Stupid and arrogantly and this is the same case with these people and just vist there page and laugh at it

^^^ Please refer to post #142. Everyone makes mistake and it was only A picture. We are glad we are making you laugh. Laughing is good madicine and lots people needs this today's world.

I know bro these people are so full of it, If you remember when your servent gets money or all of the sudden come out of crises he/she will act so Stupid and arrogantly and this is the same case with these people and just vist there page and laugh at it

Very well said brother. You just took those words out of my mouth.

DELHI MERI JAAN!!!

Delhi International Airport.

fe6a2df17da08ebdc640ddd34963e1fc.jpg

8ef3c094209240fed8c3fa512fcfda3e.jpg

Delhi Metro.

453e1bc711ef4430e6ff9c385153558f.jpg

12a30179307a13ee7c96d7cccd38d2b8.jpg

99aed39e4b526fa3fdd7341af2f9fa18.jpg

Last edited:

Streets of New Delhi

Rajpath.JPG

delhi_gurgaon.jpg
[/IMG]

111024229_33462008c2.jpg

Attachments

• 4030eaa3a778aa6360fbf0ad6b512a04.jpg
    4030eaa3a778aa6360fbf0ad6b512a04.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
:smitten::smitten:

China already has tons of high-speed MTR (mass transit railway), maglev and metros! China developed (with JV assistance) their own technology which is now the 2nd (or is it first?) fastest in the world, behind Japan but ahead of Germany. :woot::flame: You Indian guys gotta come and see for yourself, all brand spanking new! :china:

Pretty soon all of Asia will move up, and this is good for everyone!!!:yahoo:

thanks. We are aware. And most of us also have been to china .

Chinas own homegrown low and medium speed maglev testing has began this week in hubei. This is good that cost effective meglev might be made viable by china to other countries in future.

I wasn't talking about the tons they already have. Just was telling their plans.

Meanwhile india is always learning and buying chinese technologies and expertise. Be it Bandra-worli sealink or Hyderabad and mumbai metro.

Back
Top Bottom