What's new

India deploys 36,000 extra troops on Chinese border

I wonder when was the last time Speeder visited China.

Calling the Japanese "our kin" is something I just can't imagine anyone agreeing with.

its funny how someone who is such a han supremacist, is so out of touch with the realities.

speeder, the fantasy world you live in is largely divorced from reality. you have no idea what people in china are thinking. you also have no idea what the americans are thinking. it is easy to dispel these "myths" but you refuse to do so because it will alter your world view. i've only seen whites with your attitude: the facts have to accomodate your opinion, your opinion will never change due to the facts.

your world view is that of a european, not that of a chinese. stick to european issues. having chinese ethnicity does not give you license to represent china or chinese. you are not even a citizen of this country, how can you represent it?

This question might sound very stupid, but I have wanting to ask this since a while. What's the problem between China and India? I mean, what enmity do they have?

Actually, personally i am not inclined to consider your question stupid at all. The enmity seems to be largely a case of e-enmity (going by the somewhat crazy statements bandied about here).

What is it based on?
On some "understanding" of history (which is amusing, considering that many of the worthies-on both sides- here did not exist when a certain period of history was actually happening).
Or on ultra jingoistic and nationalistic fervour again on both sides. Again it is good that it is e-enmity (on the internet) that is on display here. Because it would be infinitely be more amusing to see some of these gentlemen (i suspect that there are no ladies) actually face off to each other with their shirts off and muscles flexed and rippling.

Apart from that; friend Watani, there is not much enmity between China and India. Actually there is trade and commerce between the two countries. Quite a decent bit of it. That is not amusing at all. It is quite profitable indeed, i am a beneficiary of it in some ways.
:cheers:

If you look into some old posts of years ago, he clearly had a "double identity crisis" as we all saw. I was among the first to point out so. He is American, but he is more of whom he really is. By that token, i don't consider myself Belgian or Dutch either, as I remain whom I am, a Chinese foremost, ethnically and culturally.

Even though I has been absent for a long while, as far as I could see these days, he clearly "discovered" since then whom he really is and hasn't shown any such a "racist" tendency. Hence I won't make a big deal out of his earlier posts.

The thing is many CHinese nationlists are confused a bit on whom we are , and who are our friends in the long run. Yes, China currently has a grudge against Japan and Vietnam, and many CHinese dislike Japanese and Vietnamese (just like Germans used to hate French and English, and vice versus, thru many wars) . Yet as long as they apologise to China later as three are still many room left to reconcile, they are still our own kin( both culturally and racially), as always will be, let alone the reality that most Japanese and Vietnamese whom I have known in real life, not in Western Media propaganda or some isolated cases, are actually quite Pro-China and Pro-Chinese.

The same with Americans, sure, there are many rednecks there who would bash anyone who are not American ( by which I mean White Eurpean Americans). They bash the French as a hobby for instance, and sure that some of them are anti-China as well ( in fact every current #1 is kinda of afraid and "hate"#2, CHina in this case, due to the fear of lossing out the power) ; yet the reality is, as I have travelled often and extensively to America since I was a kid, that majority of ordianry White Americans (not American govt) I know are actually quite Pro-China (not CPC tho) and Pro-Chinese, unlike what Western Media tries to spin.

By the way, CHinese should not complain about so called "racist" IMO. We, as a race, have proved outselves to be able to hold together for the longest time in human history. Is there anyone out ther ewho can logically claim superiority than the CHinese? NO. Then by claiming others are "racists", some Chinese in fact are unintentionally imply that "we are somehow inferior to others" cuz "they discriminate us". This is absurd! In real life, I have never complain so, not even once, even though I have been growing up in an "Ultra racist" environment in the heart of Nothern Europe. Logically, it should be others complain that T"he Chinese are racists " , however wrong it might be. We Chinese have controled and will keep controling our own destiny throughout the history. Let other people cry out loudly"raciasts", not from us!

Dude, what are you smoking and where did you buy it? I want that $hit.

Pace to the top? Are you guys planning another Great Leap Forward with a couple genocides thrown in? What are you going to call it this time - have you thought of a harmless name?

Want a banana for that cleverness? India is in a state of constant genocide, and you have the face to talk to us about genocide?

Well 1962 is probably the central event in colouring Indian views about China. That is why you get such a flood of material from that side.

I'd also recommend the book India's China War by Neville Maxwell. It's probably the most extensive history written on the subject and he was the only author to get a hold of the secret internal Indian reports about that war.

India's China War - Neville Maxwell

Here is the first half online.

Neville Maxwell is a highly disregarded "journalist" if one can even call him that. He has been anti-Indian since Nehruvian times. Heck, he was not even taken seriously in the UK.

While serving as South Asia correspondent in The Times, Maxwell authored a series of pessimistic reports filed in February 1967. In the atmosphere leading up to the 4th Lok Sabha elections, he wrote that "The great experiment of developing India within a democratic framework has failed. [Indians will soon vote] in the fourth—and surely last—general election." An article written in The Guardian in the weeks prior to the election provided a contrary view, noting that "the Delhi correspondent of a British newspaper whose thundering misjudgments in foreign affairs have become a byword has expressed the view that Indian democracy is disintegrating,

Reading Maxwell is akin to reading a Ku Klux Klan member's views on the Civil Rights Movement and trying to pass it off as history.

if you notice, other chinese posters are usually disagree with him. but it is indeed a wide perception that india and US made a secret deal to contain china with india, and US gives india ToT, money and favorable policies in return.

Well, may be there is perception as you said but i don't think there is any on this side of border..!

There is no doubt that india will capitalise this opportunity(Fear in US about rise of china) for its own self intrest..! not towards any third country ..!! As you saw in recent devolopment we gain our own intrests from US and india will never became a pawn of US, let me assure you on this..!

And about containing china..! I don't think neither china nor india can contain each other cause both nations are too big for that.And indian goverment knows whats best for our nation..!

As they say"You can change your friends but not your neighbour

Neville Maxwell is a highly disregarded "journalist" if one can even call him that. He has been anti-Indian since Nehruvian times. Heck, he was not even taken seriously in the UK.

While serving as South Asia correspondent in The Times, Maxwell authored a series of pessimistic reports filed in February 1967. In the atmosphere leading up to the 4th Lok Sabha elections, he wrote that "The great experiment of developing India within a democratic framework has failed. [Indians will soon vote] in the fourth—and surely last—general election." An article written in The Guardian in the weeks prior to the election provided a contrary view, noting that "the Delhi correspondent of a British newspaper whose thundering misjudgments in foreign affairs have become a byword has expressed the view that Indian democracy is disintegrating,

Reading Maxwell is akin to reading a Ku Klux Klan member's views on the Civil Rights Movement and trying to pass it off as history.

What's he done beyond calling India's democracy dysfunctional? What he doesn't have the right to his opinions. He is a member of the free press no?

and about his creditial....

Foreign Affairs magazine.
Neville Maxwell | Foreign Affairs

Neville Maxwell is Senior Research Officer at the Institute of Commonwealth Studies, Oxford University, Oxford, England. He is the editor of China's Road to Development and the author of India's China War, India and the Nagas, and other works. Copyright (c) 1978, Neville Maxwell.

Austrialian national university
South Asia Masala Renewed tension on the India-China border: who’s to blame?

Neville Maxwell is a Visiting Fellow at the ANU’s Contemporary China Centre.

He also delivered the keynote speech for the conference on the Sino-Indian border dispute back in June 2010 at the University of Westminster.

So much for being a pariah.

See how you squirms when you can't dismiss sources as "chinese propaganda",you squirms because you know who the book assigns responsibility to.

Last edited:
^ Thanks for the link, will go through it soon enough. I always wondered why some Indians (even in some films) poke fun at Chinese people, but I never knew there were 'deep' reasons behind it.

Can you plss give me name of any movie ??

The Chinese may see this as provocation and an act of aggression.

Not to mention a violation of a 1993 treaty limiting the deployment of troops on the disputed border. It was signed during PM Rao's visit to Beijing.

Lets hope not -- I hope will not allow anything to derail it's rise, the hopes of billions of people rests on this. Whether Japan or India or any other US "ally" in Asia will hope to stop or slow or even reverse the rise of China, China should not allow herself to fall in this trap.

I don't think so, cause they know it is only for credible minimum detrence not an offensive one..By the way you need to know the military infrasture on chines side of border and as of that this step is an act of minimum detrence..! or you can say a counter measure.

Lets hope not -- I hope will not allow anything to derail it's rise, the hopes of billions of people rests on this. Whether Japan or India or any other US "ally" in Asia will hope to stop or slow or even reverse the rise of China, China should not allow herself to fall in this trap.

All this is talk on a forum. Beijing is not going over react to India's antics, I just hope they realize just as in 1962 there is a line.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom