What's new

India Could Use Pakistan’s Infrastructure

See this is not about comparison as I said before. If I wanted to, I would have done between India and China. This is about using their Infra, if not now but may be later. Neways, i see the fate of this thread. Sorry for posting.

I really dont know how can India use this infrastructure but last year in Japan i had suggested that regional countries can build trans-states infrastructure which could be used for disaster management in these countries. Picking up my suggestion an Indian researcher had done an entire research paper for ADBI.

As far as Motorways indeed its the best in Pakistan

Must admit, parts of this thread are a revelation to me.

There is no substitute for good roads.

I think the title is not appropriate...I dont know about pakistani roads,but I can see the pictures above by Waqas..if these are the roads that you have, then undoubtedly,till now,Pakistan has better roads than India...lets not talk about future...but saying the infrastructure is better than India, will be a little exaggerated...hope pople understand what I mean..lets accept the truth...no fighting.

How can you claim that you have better roads in kms? You have been to both countries or are you just assuming that India has better roads based on your intuition (and I believe this is probably the case). I am not just talking about motorways, Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, and other smaller cities have pretty nice roads too.

This seems to be the case across the board. Indians assuming that they're ahead based on no evidence but intuition and what their media tells them.
Ehhh...we build THOUSANDS of Kms of national highways every year ALL world class...in fact if we don't build 5000Kms a year, it's considered high underperformance by the planning comission...here's NEW YORK TIMES... (not TOI)

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/04/international/asia/04highway.html

Wow I was surprised when you guys had roads too...i mean I thought you all lived in slums cause thats our perception of india. See I can troll also, there was no need to bring in the whole failed state thing. I can't believe how much indians love to put Pakistan down, shows your character.

Cheap and derogatory statement that clearly shows no grip on logic.
:cheers:

I didn't reply on pdf usually, but would reply here.

Indira Gandhi International Airport along with Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, handles more than half of the air traffic in South Asia. The airport is connected to Delhi by the Delhi Airport Metro Express train line and the 8-lane Delhi Gurgaon Expressway. Low floor buses regularly run between the airport and the city.

And what did you see in my post that made you come here explaining me how much traffic Indian airports handle. Did i commented on any in my post? yes?

And from when Pakistan became first world country ? I thought we both are third world country.

And where did i say it has? putting words in my mouth or adding the usual Indian masla to make things look more spicy?

I am not gonna get into who's roads/infrastructure is better, since too much bandwidth has been used up by that discussion already.

However, I was most surprised by the claim that highway patrol police could not be bribed. I've had numerous encounters with traffic cops in Delhi, never once had a ticket issued (greasing palms of delhi cops).

Forget infrastructure, I wish that is something we can learn how to enforce from Pakistan highway patrol cops.

Pakistan infrastructure is better than India, there is no doubt about it. Only in last 10 years we are cathing them in this field now very close and very soon will be way ahead if our politcians will allow.

But One question why such a costly motorway(Public buses and Trucks are not allowed) doing in this part of world. Is it just a mockery of poor people. like some one said " banake Tajmahal shajahan ne udaya Garibo ki mohabbat ka Majaak."

What benefit a poor man gets from it.

Pakistan infrastructure is better than India, there is no doubt about it. Only in last 10 years we are cathing them in this field now very close and very soon will be way ahead if our politcians will allow.

But One question why such a costly motorway(Public buses and Trucks are not allowed) doing in this part of world. Is it just a mockery of poor people. like some one said " banake Tajmahal shajahan ne udaya Garibo ki mohabbat ka Majaak."

What benefit a poor man gets from it.
Oh hell no. Our infra is pulling way and away. Last five years alone our infra investments were $450B+. The target for next five years is $ ONE TRILLION.
Maybe you're from the cities. The point is that we have huge investments running in national highways because 60-70% of traffic runs on them (and not in cities). And there our national highways, the ones we built over the last 15 years, are way on top with the best in the world. The priority for cities is MASS TRANSPORT- so metro projects in every major city (Bng, Hyd, Cochin as examples) and then for every city with a pop in excess of 2 Mn. (Plan is to take it to 1M+ cities).

Plus infra is wholistic right? Look at the number of airports we've opened all of them world class, the power target...this is one act we were bumbling quite a bit but are getting it quite right nowadays.

the only way that India can 'use' pak infra is if we trade with pak/use it as a trade route with afghanistan. That's a 'win win' situation for all...pak make money, Indians save money and so do afghans. Don't see that happening soon.

India Could Use Pakistan's Infrastructure !

Really?

Railways to close 120 more train services

LAHORE: The National Assembly’s Standing Committee on Railways has approved the closure of 120 train services in the next two years, as these particular train services are facing huge financial losses, a private TV channel reported on Wednesday. Chairman of the NA standing committee, Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) MNA Ayaz Sadiq and Pakistan Railways (PR) General Manager Ashfaq Khattak, told the media, that the resources, which would be saved from the halted trains, would be used on the cargo trains, which delivered oil to independent power producers (IPP). “40 trains are making profits of Rs 9 billion whereas more than 100 trains would be closed because of annual loss of Rs 10 billion,” they said. Sadiq urged the federal government to waive the debts of PR as it was facing debts of Rs 50 billion. Khattak said that PR had been operating 26 cargo trains, which could earn a profit of Rs 17 billion but due to shortage of engines it was not possible to do so, the TV channel reported. daily times monitor

M2 is awesome one thing i'm envy of pakistan. Instead of fighting we should start learning from each other. Peace.

I do not think this comparison is proper. If we talk about metros, can Pakistan really be compared to Indian infrastructure. Just consider roads/airports/seaports/railways etc. all of world class quality. Leave aside the quantity for now. :lol:
I think if we talk about not-so-developed areas, there could be some conclusions. In those, Pakistan might has better roads (I assume so) but in all other things like railways, airports, roads it is India all over.

But again, are we seriously comparing India's infrastructure with Pakistan. And more importantly, how can India use Pakistan's roads (that's their total account in better infrastructure)?

Infrastructure,stands for the facilities to support the common man.
And how on earth can Pakistan be compared to India,in that context?
India possesses huge transport facility,Fabulous Airports,seaports.
extensive network of Railways,Good roads,hospitals etc.
And now the Metro is fast expanding its reach.
Pakistan lags far behind in this case.
No comparison.
:nono:

Back
Top Bottom