What's new

India close to buying Japan-made military aircraft in $1.65 billion deal

Seriously speaking I think much of Japanese development assistance and soft loans for infra projects were tied to this deal.
Indian govt. was not keen on it when the Japanese first announced their intention to make India the first country to whom to sell military hardware after a long, long time.
India asked Japan to put in a tender and compete in a bidding process while Japan wanted a govt. to govt. deal like Hercules deal with the US.I guess Japan got its way in the end.
Perhaps I am reading too much in between the lines but I think Japan wanted to give a message to China.
those assistance and soft loan are just some cheap baits, you just get hooked up.

India favors Japan in a great way to get rid of the peaceful constitution.

There is no statement being made here , overtly or covertly. The Chinese always tend to get hyper whenever any of their "perceived " enemies do deals between themselves.

If India is building a strategic relationship with Japan , how does that automatically equate to "containing" China ? We , do business with China as we do business with Japan .

Our only goal is to improve our technological base. Chinese thinktanks may misconstrue this in a myriad of ways but if a commercial deal ( which by the way does not even involve any serious weaponry but only transport type aircraft as I understand ) starts ringing alarm bells in our neighborhood then there is nothing we can do about it.

We are not going to roll back our strategic co-operation with an advanced society with much to offer , just because of Chinese concerns.

Hell , the Chinese never really appreciated our concerns when collaborating with Pakistan in Nuclear Technology , active defense co-operation, Energy security ( remember the Gwadar port) etc etc. So why are they so hysterical about Japan's co-operation with India ?

Its time that Chinese come to terms with Geo-political realities and stop trying to impose their perspectives on others.

Why ---when India launched an Israeli spy Sat , the Iranians protested --we explained to them it was a commercial launch and done as a quid-pro-quo for Israeli technology transfer to our own satellite Risat.

That is the best explanation Indian Diplomacy has for the Chinese who are concerned. Learn to live with it.

If India opens a bidding and officially invited China to attend, we will consider. Our offer will be much reasonable than Japanese one if you quit narrow minded.

If India opens a bidding and officially invited China to attend, we will consider. Our offer will be much reasonable than Japanese one if you quit narrow minded.
I told you before, its not just about the plane, this plane is one of the strings that come with Japanese capital and technology.

We don't want a fucking plane, we need capital and technology.
Conversely you could also help us in dealing with Pakistani terrorism.

There is no statement being made here , overtly or covertly. The Chinese always tend to get hyper whenever any of their "perceived " enemies do deals between themselves.

If India is building a strategic relationship with Japan , how does that automatically equate to "containing" China ? We , do business with China as we do business with Japan .

Our only goal is to improve our technological base. Chinese thinktanks may misconstrue this in a myriad of ways but if a commercial deal ( which by the way does not even involve any serious weaponry but only transport type aircraft as I understand ) starts ringing alarm bells in our neighborhood then there is nothing we can do about it.

We are not going to roll back our strategic co-operation with an advanced society with much to offer , just because of Chinese concerns.

Hell , the Chinese never really appreciated our concerns when collaborating with Pakistan in Nuclear Technology , active defense co-operation, Energy security ( remember the Gwadar port) etc etc. So why are they so hysterical about Japan's co-operation with India ?

Its time that Chinese come to terms with Geo-political realities and stop trying to impose their perspectives on others.

Why ---when India launched an Israeli spy Sat , the Iranians protested --we explained to them it was a commercial launch and done as a quid-pro-quo for Israeli technology transfer to our own satellite Risat.

That is the best explanation Indian Diplomacy has for the Chinese who are concerned. Learn to live with it.
Abe Shinzo is a nazi's grandson and officially deny its war crime in world war two. any type of military trade with Japan will be deemed as a try to help restoring Japanese Nazi.

I told you before, its not just about the plane, this plane is one of the strings that come with Japanese capital and technology.

We don't want a fucking plane, we need capital and technology.
Conversely you could also help us in dealing with Pakistani terrorism.
Since most Indians perceive Pakistan as terrorist country, how can We help you?

Last edited:
We here to deliver our concern, to show our woriness. Can i? It's India's childish behaviour insisting get involving in easten Asia affairs to piss China off. You guys will receive no support from China in applying UNSC permanent seat. You are getting too close with China's enemy.

LORD CHINA LORD CHINA......

PlS PLS DONT GET PISSED OFF!!

WHOLE WORLD IS TREMBLING.

Since moat Indians perceive Pakistan as terrorist country, how can We help you?

OMG!!
Are you gonna throw your taller than mountains friends under the bus for your own interests ?
How is that not surprising :D

Seriously though that is something for policy makers of both countries to decide, not us.

But know that China still has a lot of goodwill in India(even more than US) due to the peaceful co existence of our two civilizations over past two millennia.

@wanglaokan We indians are not aware of nazi or japanese attrocities....
Its only wastage of your time to mention that...
There is even a store named Hitler in india lol...
But i agree with you on most of the points u mentioned...

I quote, "For the moment, a stripped-down civilian version of the US-2i search and rescue plane is being offered to India, to get around Japan’s self-imposed ban on arms exports. A friend or foe identification system will be removed from the aircraft, another defence official said."

First off, it's NOT a military aircraft, hence Japan has NOT broken its constitution. Second, it's VERY expensive for a civilian aircraft at some 110 million a pop.

@wanglaokan We indians are not aware of nazi or japanese attrocities....
Its only wastage of your time to mention that...
There is even a store named Hitler in india lol...
But i agree with you on most of the points u mentioned...
India is the only east Asia country didn't suffer Japanese atrocity in world war two, we Chinese suffered the most and you guys got away with it.

Back
Top Bottom