What's new

India, China & the Indian ocean

Both sides mobilized after something or other and neither side acted. Clearly an Indian victory.

That was a victory for India, because India was able to mobilize more brigades to the border in a more efficient manner than the PLA was able to.

1987 was the year in which Arunachal Pradesh was created (before it was part of a bigger territory called NEFA), and I'm sure China was ready to pull another 1962, but they were unable to do so.

That was a victory for India, because India was able to mobilize more brigades to the border in a more efficient manner than the PLA was able to.

1987 was the year in which Arunachal Pradesh was created (before it was part of a bigger territory called NEFA), and I'm sure China was ready to pull another 1962, but they were unable to do so.

Ok :tup::tup:

listen dude, there is no Chinese invasion of the Indian Ocean. because the indian ocean belongs to the entire human race, not india/indians.
you can just take it, or we can help to let you learn in a hard way.

this is not rocket science, Southern China Sea is NOT China's sea, indian ocean is NOT india's ocean.

please just think about it: if we are going to have any conflict in indian ocean, will you be able to defend your land border with China? the facts is not that fancy, our cheap guided rockets can directly hit delhi from our land. we have thousands of launchers deployed. yes, you can build more airports, deploy more Russian made fighters there, but are they going to survive the first wave of our CJ-10 missiles?

it is never about the indian ocean, the truth is simple: our economy is 4 times as big as yours, the vast majority of our weapons are designed and made in China while you have to import everything from russia, we are not operating on the same level, such conflict will only damage your national interests.

Southern China Sea is NOT China's sea, indian ocean is NOT india's ocean.

Well articulated. Point taken.

But, the first para of the article says

Gwadar in Pakistan, Hambantota in Sri Lanka, Akyab Cheduba and Bassein in Myanmar, to Chittagong in Bangladesh: India is afraid of the Chinese invasion of the Indian Ocean?

This naturally brings suspicion about China's intension.

will you be able to defend your land border with China?

our cheap guided rockets can directly hit delhi

Isn't it contrary to what your id says "Peaceful"

Imagine the United states has troops all around your border like in North East India, Pakistan, Burma, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, etc. What would be your reaction?

: our economy is 4 times as big as yours

True

such conflict will only damage your national interests.

Will it not damage your national interests too. Any conflict will take you your economy back by few decades.

Southern China Sea is NOT China's sea, indian ocean is NOT india's ocean.

Well articulated. Point taken.

But, the first para of the article says

This naturally brings suspicion about China's intension.

Isn't it contrary to what your id says "Peaceful"

Imagine the United states has troops all around your border like in North East India, Pakistan, Burma, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, etc. What would be your reaction?

True

Will it not damage your national interests too. Any conflict will take you your economy back by few decades.

No it will take it back 6 months.

US actually does have us surrounded. Afghanistan, South Korea, Japan, Phillipines, Guam.

Our ports are civil ports. We don't even have enough ships to staff the Pacific Ocean, how can we do military maneuvers in the Indian ocean? The biggest obstacle to India controlling the Indian Ocean is the USN, not China.

I'll put this in simple words even the author can understand: ever remember what happened to other regimes that thought they could play the US off against others? Like Iran in 1953?

The indian ocean does not belong to India. If India was to cut off the straits, the first ones to cry would be Japan and South Korea. We have Pakistan, Russia and Kazakhstan too, after all, and our own oil buried in the ground that we refuse to drill; Japan and South Korea have nothing and totally rely on Gulf oil. And even if cutting off the straits would harm us in the long term, we still have enough strategic oil supplies for 3 years. Now here's the question: Do you think India can hold off on land for 3 years in a total war against China?

The indian ocean does not belong to India

True.

Even during cold war, powers like USSR, Japan, etc did not have so many port around India.

Could your please explain this?

Or if you want to boast about your military capabilities.. carry on.

it took a couple of days for their elite special forces to locate and eliminate those couple of terrorists during the mumbai attack.

the entire world saw the real capacity of india's armed forces.

Now you have resorted to mudslinging...

What would your special forces have done if terrorist have people hostage?

Thread already getting derailed.

ON TOPIC:

Why so many ports around India?

I have to agree that he #1 naval power in all major oceans is the USN. This include Indian ocean. The 5th fleet is the one force that can deny India or China from using the Indian Ocean. This is just a fact. I know that many Indian like totalk about the future but we should let the future taking care of itself. As of now, the USN is what keep peace in the Indian Ocean.

No it will take it back 6 months.

US actually does have us surrounded. Afghanistan, South Korea, Japan, Phillipines, Guam.

Our ports are civil ports. We don't even have enough ships to staff the Pacific Ocean, how can we do military maneuvers in the Indian ocean? The biggest obstacle to India controlling the Indian Ocean is the USN, not China.

No it will take it back 6 months

The Super power United States's War on Terror against minnows like Afghanistan has put severe pressure on its economy and wanted to wind up as soon as possible.

When big powers like China and India clash would have insignificant impact. Well. anyway thats your opinion

This is exactly how we feel dude. nothing more...

Our ports are civil ports.

As long as it stays civil port no body has any issues.

The biggest obstacle to India controlling the Indian Ocean is the USN, not China

Debatable. But True.

To me, Indian Ocean belongs to India. That's all.

But now they will share it with China.

I'm sure India's neighbors won't mind. :wave:

it took a couple of days for their elite special forces to locate and eliminate those couple of terrorists during the mumbai attack.

the entire world saw the real capacity of india's armed forces.

Common now ill come to your place with grenades and guns well armed.
Ill occupy any hotel and ill fight behind the wall like coward and ill threaten to kill inncocent people if armed forces come in. let me see how many special forces of yours will evade me.
But thats not our policy.
My mother "INDIA" doesnt allow such activities in our land. We respect others equally . Dont keep on shitting and stop insulting Great men that died during 26/11.

Common now ill come to your place with grenades and guns well armed.
Ill occupy any hotel and ill fight behind the wall like coward and ill threaten to kill inncocent people if armed forces come in. let me see how many special forces of yours will evade me.
But thats not our policy.
My mother "INDIA" doesnt allow such activities in our land. We respect others equally . Dont keep on shitting and stop insulting Great men that died during 26/11.

There is no possible way the operation would have taken 3 days if this happened in China or the US. Just no possible way.

Debatable. But True.

Not debatable at all, the US Seventh Fleet is the largest forward deployed US Fleet. They alone can decimate the combined strength of all the navies in the region, whether we like it or not but the US Navy is the master of the global seas.

There is no possible way the operation would have taken 3 days if this happened in China or the US. Just no possible way.

Ask your friend pakistan to send a few LeT terrorists to Shanghai in the same way they attacked Mumbai to test out if it takes you guys 3 hours or 3 days to take them out.:flame: When they have dozens of hostages at gun point you just dont barge in to take them out. Sure our SFs could have just gone in their risking the lives of hostages to kill the terrorists. Your country's reputation is more important than innocent people's lives if and Sfs does that. I am not doubting Chinese SFs capabilities, which i assume must be very good, but you have to take all factors into account when you are dealing with counter terrorists operations.

Ask your friend pakistan to send a few LeT terrorists to Shanghai in the same way they attacked Mumbai to test out if it takes you guys 3 hours or 3 days to take them out.:flame: When they have dozens of hostages at gun point you just dont barge in to take them out. Sure our SFs could have just gone in their risking the lives of hostages to kill the terrorists. Your country's reputation is more important than innocent people's lives if and Sfs does that. I am not doubting Chinese SFs capabilities, which i assume must be very good, but you have to take all factors into account when you are dealing with counter terrorists operations.

It happened before. What did you think the uighur riots were? Terrorists attacking unarmed civilians. We put it down in 1 day. Terribly slow and the government was criticized for it too.

Back
Top Bottom