What's new

India-China rivalry

There is no rivalry it's the Western and Indian media that keep hyping it.

Most Chinese did not have an unfavorable view of India until they saw Indians making negative comments about Chinese and China. The CPC pushed India in a positive light however when they actually meet Indians views turned negative. Whose fault do you think that is ?

The negativity from the other side comes from Anger, Jealously, Butt hurt over things like losing 1962, China economy, Military achievements, aiding Pakistan etc etc.

However there is no ill will or racism directed toward ordinary people, there are many Indians in China that come for studying and treated as any other person would be. This is an internet forum, don't take the internet or people on it seriously.

Chinese point of view it would be Indians, I don't have moderation or control of any section outside of the Far east or Chinese defense, if Chinese members troll/derail threads related to India they should bear the consequences, however I could tag along similar posts from Indians, including you're self most recently. End of the day no ones innocent.

Like I said it's the internet don't take it seriously, personally don't care if you hate or like China, but this is what I have observed and seen.

Good analysis, I look forward to more conversations with you.

I am fine with your narrative of 'nobody is innocent', I responded to you as being a moderator you tried to pin it on Indians alone in your earlier post (Highlighted above).

And I clash with only those Chinese members who troll or abuse us, I never bother others.

Chinese are saving their face as Indians are saving their nose.... We have much in common but like a reflection on the mirror, opposite in every ways...
China has achieved more then whole European countries combined in the last 50 years but lets not jump into conclusions... History has a funny way of coming back... China was always strong and developed in ancient times... Even the Mongols were no match but it was the love stucken general who let them inside the Great Wall of china...
The fall of China is written on the wall itselfs if not checked... North Korea, Pakistan and the Western Block will eat up the Chinese and it will be done by some stupid chinese general for money or xyz....
Like my old chinese friend used to say, "don't blame the shit pot if you cant shit well." (Sounds better in Shanghinese)
I hope India and China can grow side by side as partners and not rivals... Japan was what china is now... Look what has happened... China has crossed Japan in all aspects now....
If India n china goes on war this time, then it will be the end of humanity as we know it and end of two oldest civilization that has existed peacefully for more then 6000 years...
Lets the legecy of Qin Shi Huang and Ashoka the Great be for evermore... Lets combine our everything and make a new asian world order with our currency as the international mark and the western world come to us for everything as it was 2000 years ago....
Just my simple thoughts.......

Chinese are saving their face as Indians are saving their nose.... We have much in common but like a reflection on the mirror, opposite in every ways...
China has achieved more then whole European countries combined in the last 50 years but lets not jump into conclusions... History has a funny way of coming back... China was always strong and developed in ancient times... Even the Mongols were no match but it was the love stucken general who let them inside the Great Wall of china...
The fall of China is written on the wall itselfs if not checked... North Korea, Pakistan and the Western Block will eat up the Chinese and it will be done by some stupid chinese general for money or xyz....
Like my old chinese friend used to say, "don't blame the shit pot if you cant shit well." (Sounds better in Shanghinese)
I hope India and China can grow side by side as partners and not rivals... Japan was what china is now... Look what has happened... China has crossed Japan in all aspects now....
If India n china goes on war this time, then it will be the end of humanity as we know it and end of two oldest civilization that has existed peacefully for more then 6000 years...
Lets the legecy of Qin Shi Huang and Ashoka the Great be for evermore... Lets combine our everything and make a new asian world order with our currency as the international mark and the western world come to us for everything as it was 2000 years ago....
LOL Compare us to imperial Japan is nonsense. We are 10x more powerful and basically invincible. There are technically only 3 countries that are invincible and can survive in an all-out war with anyone. USA/Russia/China. That it!

LOL Compare us to imperial Japan is nonsense. We are 10x more powerful and basically invincible. There are technically only 3 countries that are invincible and can survive in an all-out war with anyone. USA/Russia/China. That it!

Ones again read the post well... You are repeating what I wrote... Just in a foolish way...

ordinary Chinese don't know much about India, or South Asia in general. 90% of our energy is spent on ourselves, Chinese internal issues.out of 10% that is left, US occupied at least 70% of Chinese attention, followed by Japan. India seldom appears on news. when it does show up, it's usually the translation of Western media.

the India China comparison is more about development model but except a billion people we almost have nothing in common.

so we are not rivals or enemies because Chinese (common folks) pay very little attention to India. it's pure indifference, no hatred, no love.we do have netizens making fun of India from time to time, but nothing 'antagonistic'.

the 'India China rivalry game' is West-invented, India-developed, now that we are in English forum (and a defense forum), Chinese simply play along.

P.S. i was shocked by the 'China obsession' in Indian media at first. why keep comparing India with China? why not use US or Europe as the benchmark?
Don't know why you say the 'India China rivalry game' is West-invented.It's not true.

It's so simple to know that Indian and Chinese are different people.

Honestly, I don't have much respect for Chinese. I see them has a people who are repressed and brain washed.
Both sides see each other not their own kind respectively.

Ones again read the post well... You are repeating what I wrote... Just in a foolish way...
You are trying to insinuate that we can end up like Imperial Japan if we don't protect our national interest? LOL Give me a break! Like I said, we are invincible. Nobody will dare attacking us! If we ever fall, which I doubt will ever happen because our national unity is the highest it is ever been thanks to what our ancestors suffer in the past, it is mainly due to civil fight. The day of foreigners breaking our country apart is over, OVER!

I am fine with your narrative of 'nobody is innocent', I responded to you as being a moderator you tried to pin it on Indians alone in your earlier post (Highlighted above).

And I clash with only those Chinese members who troll or abuse us, I never bother others.

I know that you are right at your place, and even I have had strong urges to confront. But I resist. It is better for the world and for all of us. You have no idea the kind of trap the west has placed over the developing world. It can be broken only when we are united.

Yep, we are practically 100 times stronger than the Imperial Japan, and also being 10000 times smarter.

PS, China is a keeper of the stability, while the Imperial Japan was basically a destabilizer.

It is an insult to us by comparing with a such contemptible fascist nation to our great nation.

You are trying to insinuate that we can end up like Imperial Japan if we don't protect our national interest? LOL Give me a break! Like I said, we are invincible. Nobody will dare attacking us! If we ever fall, which I doubt will ever happen because our national unity is the highest it is ever been thanks to what our ancestors suffer in the past, it is mainly due to civil fight. The day of foreigners breaking our country apart is over, OVER!

We will see......

Good post, but wasted effort. :)

I know that you are right at your place, and even I have had strong urges to confront. But I resist. It is better for the world and for all of us. You have no idea the kind of trap the west has placed over the developing world. It can be broken only when we are united.

You are new here, give it some more time before you run out of patience. :) It's not that I haven't tried to reason with them initially like you, but with time I realized that it's a futile exercise and trolling works better with them, unlike other nationalities in this forum, a Chinese will seldom engage with you in a constructive and logical debate beyond certain rhetoric.

I know that. I also know the kind of bias that exists in this forum, so I will come to my conclusions. This forum is populated by ultra-right wingers, which is true for any country, because generally the right wing is more interested in these things. (I realize in China right wing can have very different meanings, hence I will define right wingers here as nationalists, conservatives, pro-authority people)

If this is addressed to me, yes, I know that internet and forum quite a heavy propensity to get confrontational.

I would just like you to list the reasons why you think sino-Indian friendship is still an oxymoron. What are the things that China expects?
Internet forus are hardly the best place to know the public opnion of any nation rather its India or China.

The irony is that you mostly clash with myself (a Hong Konger) as well as Overseas Chinese on this forum.

Neither one fits the description you've given above.

Hey HK bro, you guys are superb:

Last time I checked, in terms of % of population that are rich,
rank No. 5 in $ millionaires,
and No. 1 in $ billionaires,
in the world!

Top 10 Weathiest Nations of the World

得闲多D出黎食个包吹下水...:-)

Last edited:
@xunzi @ChineseTiger1986 @Yizhi

Hey bros, yeah a lot of people in China do have negative emotions towards Japan. Understandable, nothing wrong with this emotion especially when the right-wing hawks are taking center stage in Tokyo now. China just need to see the fact that they are indeed strong in a lot of aspects (undeniable facts), and comparison being made with them is fine for motivating us to keep advancing in the right direction, and China is fast re-claiming its rightful position am I right bros? Also, China should keep an eye on Japan's true potential capabilities especially when the revival of imperial militarism is not an impossible event.

Similar attitude can be extended to the culturally/genetically close/identical economies like HK, TW, SG and SK, where such negative emotion does not even exist. So let's avoid arrogance, do some pragmatic comparison, that serves China's betterment. "Blood is thicker than water".

@Bussard Ramjet

Back to this topic, very simple, my suggestions:

1) Would people (forum posts, media included) stop comparing India to China, pleeeease.

2) Also, people please stop posting like if China is paying any attention (e.g. wary, jealous, annoyed, cautious, lift an eyebrow, reach to, protocol breaking ....) or anything pre-sumptious about China's feel on India, because the fact is that there is no love/hate, no attention, no feel, no discussion, nothing from China regarding India. India is almost invisible except occasionally being used as laughing stock (no trolling, go Chinese forums and see the fact for yourself). The state-run media occasionally run a few pieces on India for diplomacy, or just news reporting, boring stuff not much important, that's it.

P.S.: Some bashing and trolling is inevitable, this is a on-line forum.

Last edited:
Because if you are here long enough you will know that anything China does, Indians always think it's to challenge them. Chinese members tell you people, the rivalry is with US, you guys are not in our radar, never was even when China was poorer than India.

US Really ??? :lol:Except that economy (even that is way less than US) how can you compete US ?
These so called G 2 is also a US favour.
You didnt even complete your military modernization and they already began their Asian Pivot.That nation has 100+ bases around the world .

On topic :Noone is our enemy .And we dont care with this rivalry ..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom