What's new

India, China firm up plan for joint military exercises

We want Chinese movies to be released in India with dubbing. I want Movies. :D

Better to watch it with subtitles instead, dubbing rarely goes well with live-action movies.

Dubbing is alright with animated movies like Pixar's ones, but not very good when there are actual human mouths moving, since it is obviously out of sync.

Our primary focus is economic development.

Starting a war will not help our development, in fact it will hinder it quite badly.

Mao also extended this hand forward before he smacked Indians with it so I will take this with a grain of salt. You know how I feel about your ccp. :D

I did not mean war though but border disputes.

Mao also extended this hand forward before he smacked Indians with it so I will take this with a grain of salt. You know how I feel about your ccp. :D
India and China has put Border issues aside. See they are building strategic roads and railways, so is India. But that ensures peace as both know both are developing capabilities.

Chinese have huge stakes at Africa, Afghanistan and Central Asia. India is present at Africa too, Afghanistan and working with Central Asia. So there is convergence of interests. This is what both understands. Both Indians and Chinese are good businessmen, Chinese are better.

Both know war will bring down their growth rate and stability.

Better to watch it with subtitles instead, dubbing rarely goes well with live-action movies.

Dubbing is alright with animated movies like Pixar's ones, but not very good when there are actual human mouths moving, since it is obviously out of sync.

I Saw The Tibetan Dog , An animated Chinese Movie . Loved it .It reaffirmed My conviction to have a Tibetan Mastiff in My Pack !!

Oh please, nothing beats South Korean movies in Asia. Chini movies are just...........
South Korean movies have their own place. Even Bollywood movies suck. For people like me, we want change. :D

Yes, I know you and several other Pakistanis hate the Chinese Government with a passion. :wave:

Anyway, Deng Xiaoping took a huge risk, by massively cutting our defence budget in order to provide extra stimulus to our economy for economic reforms. He then balanced the USA/USSR (who were both our enemies at that point) to avoid a military confrontation with either one, which had partial success.

The Economic success though, was undeniable. And today, the top Chinese leaders still follow in the footsteps of Deng Xiaoping and his focus on economy. Which is why we have not had a war for over 30 years, our economy is more important, especially at this stage.

India and China has put Border issues aside. See they are building strategic roads and railways, so is India. But that ensures peace as both know both are developing capabilities.

Chinese have huge stakes at Africa, Afghanistan and Central Asia. India is present at Africa too, Afghanistan and working with Central Asia. So there is convergence of interests. This is what both understands. Both Indians and Chinese are good businessmen, Chinese are better.

Both know war will bring down their growth rate and stability.

Not a convergence but a clash of interests. You are both competing for influence in the same countries nothing friendly about that, along with the Indian superpower dream and you got problems.

Yes, I know you and several other Pakistanis hate my Government with a passion. :wave:

Anyway, Deng Xiaoping took a huge risk, by massively cutting our defence budget in order to provide extra stimulus to our economy for economic reforms. He then balanced the USA/USSR (who were both our enemies at that point) to avoid a military confrontation with either one, which had partial success.

The Economic success though, was undeniable. And today, the top Chinese leaders still follow in the footsteps of Deng Xiaoping and his focus on economy. Which is why we have not had a war for over 30 years, our economy is more important, especially at this stage.

I would like you thoughts on my post 23.

Yes, China and India are both expanding influence over the same geostrategic area, which will inevitably lead to friction and tensions.

But an actual military attack is a last resort, and will only happen in a situation where the other side has given us no other choice. Which means that any country that wants to avoid war with us can do it easily, but giving us other options besides war in which to avoid losing face.

It would take either monumental stupidity, or deliberate intent, in order to create a situation where war is the only option.

Not a convergence but a clash of interests. You are both competing for influence in the same countries nothing friendly about that, along with the Indian superpower dream and you got problems.
Dude, all this super power drama was started by US and all saying India is emerging power. In reality, Indian establishment is more focused on basic problems. People don't really see what India is focused on. $ 1 trillion to be invested in infrastructure development. Reduction of poverty and combating diseases like AIDS epidemic.

Another is economic stability and domestic issues. Last thing India needs is bad relations with China. Chinese companies are providing power plants on good price to India which is our dire necessity.

Its a delicate balance. India knows Chinese economy and foreign reserves makes them a major player so instead of competing with them, its better we cooperate with them. Indians believe in get what you can, they don't think go fight with the bull and get beaten.

Ever tried ****? :D
This holy issue is not discussed here. They get deleted. :cry:

Dude, all this super power drama was started by US and all saying India is emerging power. In reality, Indian establishment is more focused on basic problems. People don't really see what India is focused on. $ 1 trillion to be invested in infrastructure development. Reduction of poverty and combating diseases like AIDS epidemic.

Another is economic stability and domestic issues. Last thing India needs is bad relations with China. Chinese companies are providing power plants on good price to India which is our dire necessity.

Its a delicate balance. India knows Chinese economy and foreign reserves makes them a major player so instead of competing with them, its better we cooperate with them. Indians believe in get what you can, they don't think go fight with the bull and get beaten.

India is in the same position we are in, trying to avoid conflict in order to maintain stability, which is necessary for maintaining a high speed of economic development.

Fighting a war without the economy to back it up is foolish by any measure. China needs to buy at least 2 more decades of solid growth and India needs to do the same.

India is in the same position we are in, trying to avoid conflict in order to maintain stability, which is necessary for maintaining a high speed of economic development.
Fighting a war without the economy to back it up is foolish by any measure. China needs to buy at least 2 more decades of solid growth and India needs to do the same.
I always tell one instance. One of my prof. was friend to a Planning Commission India guy. He asked him about what steps are taken for higher studies. Planning Commission guys said, our most important task is Primary education. Higher education is also important but first primary education in entire India is our major goal.

So this is the actual focus of Indian establishments. Unfortunately, all focus on India's other projects like Mars mission, Defense purchase etc. but they never discuss the most important and high priority projects.

This is the reason many people don't understand India. If I talk about my state, other people may have not knowledge about it. Even my city is developing in practical sense with vision of future.

There are too few resources in this world and as Indian/Chinese populations grow they will need to consume more resources. I believe another clash is inevitable for this reason alone and it would be in American interests for such a war to occur. In the end necessity will outweigh rational thought although you both may disagree.

There are too few resources in this world and as Indian/Chinese populations grow they will need to consume more resources. I believe another clash is inevitable for this reason alone and it would be in American interests for such a war to occur. In the end necessity will outweigh rational thought although you both may disagree.

Yeah, but it would not be in our interests.

I don't care about American interests.

And China is now the number 1 investor in renewable energy sources. It is estimated that there is enough potential renewable power in China to fulfill all our energy needs by 2030, though realistically we may only be able to tap half of that with current technologies.

This is the solution to the resource crunch, and the Three Gorges Dam alone generates more renewable electric power than 50 normal power plants combined.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom