What's new

India chickens out of international students assessment programme again

want to test mathematical knowledge : welcome to bihar :) PISA KI bhains ki aankh

Here we go. SAME propaganda again. You are missing the point, IIT may be good according to Indian standards, but it's not MIT or even close to it or Harvard or Yale. Just the fact.
Also, IIT may be one good Indian school per Indian standards and it caters 'smart kids' from a population pool of 1.2 billion people. So of course, from such a big population pool, they will be selective.

I am not missing any point. IIT are certainly bad at infrastructure or research as compared to MIT or Harvard, but the faculty are great at teaching and students are just brilliant. Ask any fortune 100 head hunter, they will answer. Do you know that the largest feeder schools to ivy league Universities outside US for graduate studies are IITs? I am not smoking in air, I was an exchange student to Columbia University, New York, an ivy league, and has first hand experience of ivy league education.

hehehe...............now the americans want to compete with Indian and Chinese engineers...... :omghaha:
Bring it on :devil:.......and c your presidents lamenting to your school kids how Indian and Chinese engineers r occupying American jobs.

Here we go. SAME propaganda again. You are missing the point, IIT may be good according to Indian standards, but it's not MIT or even close to it or Harvard or Yale. Just the fact.
Also, IIT may be one good Indian school per Indian standards and it caters 'smart kids' from a population pool of 1.2 billion people. So of course, from such a big population pool, they will be selective.

it is clear that u are a pakistani :wave: no point arguing with u guys !

ps : everything is propaganda to you.. Thats why, while IIT grads and alumnis are becoming deans of IVY league colleges whereas pakistanis are forced to take their shoes and socks and inner garments off at american airports ! :lol:

I disagree and agree with most of you (what does this means I even don't know)... btw have you guys (Not Indians) ofcourse watched a movie called 3 Idiots??? For members who can't understand Hindi I am embedding the movie with ENGLISH subtitles here which actually shows what environment Indian students face and why still India is not doing too well in World music stage, photography, sports etc etc. Watch this move and you would be surprised:

The argument didn't require a 'movie' to be posted here. The argument was how Godly the IIT was and how PISA and other tests aren't important to the Indian students as they are too busy trying to prepare for the IIT. My counter argument was the IIT is a better school in India. It isn't the best in the world or the mother of everything. When you have millions competing for a small degree program, you act like tough and you take the top cream. That's it. Doesn't matter how GREAT or UNGREAT you are. It is due to the size of the population and to show others you have 'standards' to recruit. That's it.
Comparing IIT to MIT or Harvard or the Oxford....is plan stupid. Just my two cents. I've provided a small list of things that have come out of the MIT over the past few decades....that includes the world wide web - aka the internet, the GPS, etc, etc. I think this speaks for itself. There is a MUCH longer list I don't want to post as it'll be a few hundreds lines worth of inventions coming from the MIT or its research.

it is clear that u are a pakistani :wave: no point arguing with u guys !

ps : everything is propaganda to you.. Thats why, while IIT grads and alumnis are becoming deans of IVY league colleges whereas pakistanis are forced to take their shoes and socks and inner garments off at american airports ! :lol:

You getting personal with me and calling me racial or ethnic names doesn't help. Give me some facts. The IIT compared to MIT, Harvard, Yales is crap. End of the argument. It is a better school in India but it's not at a level of anything I mentioned. Either prove me with facts and time for you to put your take between your legs and go eat a meal high in vegetables and in fiber. You'll take a sh$t easier when you go to the bathroom later. Taking a Sh$t here means you'll need to prove facts and you are clearly unable to do so...

If you put a very smart American student into Indian system then maybe you could the similiar story. But if you put an average Indian or Chinese student into American school, trust me he will destroy anyone and get top marks. There is a reason why many Unis in North America especially Engineering are dominated by Indians and Chinese.

you just don't get it do you? you are performing well in their exams is becoz you do more schooling hours , and they are making their exams more and more easy for their citizen to pass to make it easy for them to get a job later on, and if you are that stupid to think your india system is better what are you doing in study in their system in the first place, btw judging by your cluless posts in this thread I really doubt you are that smart

you just don't get it do you? you are performing well in their exams is becoz you do more schooling hours , and they are making their exams more and more easy for their citizen to pass to make it easy for them to get a job later on, and if you are that stupid to think your india system is better what are you doing in study in their system in the first place, btw judging by your cluless posts in this thread I really doubt you are that smart

He has already got a schol and maybe doing what best he could ever do.. U rather are just butt hurt and making dumb comments !

You getting personal with me and calling me racial or ethnic names doesn't help. Give me some facts. The IIT compared to MIT, Harvard, Yales is crap. End of the argument. It is a better school in India but it's not at a level of anything I mentioned. Either prove me with facts and time for you to put your take between your legs and go eat a meal high in vegetables and in fiber. You'll take a sh$t easier when you go to the bathroom later. Taking a Sh$t here means you'll need to prove facts and you are clearly unable to do so...

as for FACTS, u can check for yourself what techies and CEOs of fortune 500 companies tell about IITs etc whenever they are asked for. !! Frankly your opinion matters hardly here !

Hold on hold on mate... just step down from the horse Maharana Pratap ji. I just posted the video to convey the education in India as it is. Ok now my points:

Is IIT the best in the World??? No it is not... maybe not even in top 10's.

Does IIT have the toughest entrance examination in the World??? Maybe yes... highly possible... however I do not understand why people have to memorize soo many things still these days in the world of Internet and Mobile Internet. It's just an old methodology which will change. I am personally in favor of Open book tests, GD and IQ/EQ/PQ. But the world (especially India) doesn't run the way I want isn't it? Don't compare Harward or Oxford with IIT... MIT own IIT in each and every department (I have been there both MIT and IIT). IIT is the best in India (for engineering) period.... there are many universities in our neighbor China which t have better facilities than IIT.

Now for god sake, can you please go and watch the movie. It's hilarious... especially if you know hindi/urdu.

Peace be upon you!!!

The argument didn't require a 'movie' to be posted here. The argument was how Godly the IIT was and how PISA and other tests aren't important to the Indian students as they are too busy trying to prepare for the IIT. My counter argument was the IIT is a better school in India. It isn't the best in the world or the mother of everything. When you have millions competing for a small degree program, you act like tough and you take the top cream. That's it. Doesn't matter how GREAT or UNGREAT you are. It is due to the size of the population and to show others you have 'standards' to recruit. That's it.
Comparing IIT to MIT or Harvard or the Oxford....is plan stupid. Just my two cents. I've provided a small list of things that have come out of the MIT over the past few decades....that includes the world wide web - aka the internet, the GPS, etc, etc. I think this speaks for itself. There is a MUCH longer list I don't want to post as it'll be a few hundreds lines worth of inventions coming from the MIT or its research..

Comparing IIT to MIT or Harvard or the Oxford....is plan stupid. Just my two cents. I've provided a small list of things that have come out of the MIT over the past few decades....that includes the world wide web - aka the internet, the GPS, etc, etc. I think this speaks for itself. There is a MUCH longer list I don't want to post as it'll be a few hundreds lines worth of inventions coming from the MIT or its research.

Whatever you say I am not convinced. Personally given a choice between IIT and MIT for an undergraduate course, I would with out blinking choose IIT.

that is why we have affirmative action to legally keep a large proportion of smart asian kids out of top universities. funny though, white kids are those who complain and protest the most about this discrimination policy.

If you put a very smart American student into Indian system then maybe you could the similiar story. But if you put an average Indian or Chinese student into American school, trust me he will destroy anyone and get top marks. There is a reason why many Unis in North America especially Engineering are dominated by Indians and Chinese.

Back
Top Bottom