What's new

India chickens out of international students assessment programme again

why just a course, not the whole curriculum? what about a degree from both institutes?

are you telling us if both IIT and MIT offered you admission and full scholarship, you would rather go to IIT?

Whatever you say I am not convinced. Personally given a choice between IIT and MIT for an undergraduate course, I would with out blinking choose IIT.

Whatever you say I am not convinced. Personally given a choice between IIT and MIT for an undergraduate course, I would with out blinking choose IIT.

you cannot be serious. IIT has a lot of brilliant minds. But not the resources or the culture to utilize them. That's why IIT does not have a lot of achievements under its belt while IITans do, that is, after they go to western universities.

Indian universities are not funded by the government or big corporate for research. That's why nothing comes out of it.

why just a course, not the whole curriculum? what about a degree from both institutes?

are you telling us if both IIT and MIT offered you admission and full scholarship, you would rather go to IIT?

If its undergraduate program I will choose IIT and if it is graduation I will choose MIT

Ideally a BS from IIT and MS from MIT is unbeatable.

you cannot be serious. IIT has a lot of brilliant minds. But not the resources or the culture to utilize them. That's why IIT does not have a lot of achievements under its belt while IITans do, that is, after they go to western universities.

Indian universities are not funded by the government or big corporate for research. That's why nothing comes out of it.

IIT is unbeatable brand name to have in your resume

http://www.rediff.com/money/2003/jan/18iit2.htm
http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/iits-get-thumbs-up-from-microsoft-s-steve-ballmer-108396
http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2011-03-26/news/29192392_1_warren-buffett-india-and-china-berkshire-hathaway

to tell you the truth, an Indian colleague of mine was asked about the rumor that some Indians claiming they rather go to IIT instead of MIT, and he (yeah he graduated from IIT) said, "People who said this are not qualified for IIT, let alone MIT".

It would be an interesting contrast if you graduate from IIT as well.

If its undergraduate program I will choose IIT and if it is graduation I will choose MIT

to tell you the truth, an Indian colleague of mine was asked about the rumor that some Indians claiming they rather go to IIT instead of MIT, and he (yeah he graduated from IIT) said, "People who said this are not qualified for IIT, let alone MIT".

It would be an interesting contrast if you graduate from IIT as well.

I failed to get an offer from IIT, but had an offer from MIT Sloan school of management for their MBA program though I went to London Business School.

hmmm mit is also good btw iit is best

MIT is certainly better than IIT, but difference lies in selectively. IIT is much more selective as compared to MIT. Although MIT degree may be more sought after by the recruiters than IIT in US. However, on an average, an IIT grad may beat MIT grad on technical knowledge.

I understand you are trying to demonstrate that MIT accepts students who do not qualify for IIT. However, MBA offer is quite easy to get, so it really means very little. We are talking about the MIT undergraduate program here. Are you so confident that you would have been admitted into MIT as an undergraduate had you apply for it?

I failed to get an offer from IIT, but had an offer from MIT Sloan school of management for their MBA program though I went to London Business School.

I understand you are trying to demonstrate that MIT accepts students who do not qualify for IIT. However, MBA offer is quite easy to get, so it really means very little. We are talking about the MIT undergraduate program here. Are you so confident that you would have been admitted into MIT as an undergraduate had you apply for it?

To get into MIT MBA you require an GMAT Score of 720, for an Indian grad the score has to be 740-750, meaning you are above 99% of the test takers and that is not easy. Getting into an MS program at MIT is easier than getting into an MBA program.

MBA programs are getting very very competitive at top schools because of the salaries and career opportunities you get after completing an MBA program.

Jeez, you are in business school, and you are still in the mentality of higher score means greater competitiveness? The fact that top b-schools accept a lot of applicants with third tier college education shows that they don't really care about that. My friend just started in Wharton last year, but that's only because he couldn't get a decent job in this kinda economy.

Anyway, you did not answer my last question which really matters in this conversation.

To get into MIT MBA you require an GMAT Score of 720, for an Indian grad the score has to be 740-750, meaning you are above 99% of the test takers and that is not easy. Getting into an MS program at MIT is easier than getting into an MBA program.

MBA programs are getting very very competitive at top schools because of the salaries and career opportunities you get after completing an MBA program.

Jeez, you are in business school, and you are still in the mentality of higher score means greater competitiveness? The fact that top b-schools accept a lot of applicants with third tier college education shows that they don't really care about that. My friend just started in Wharton last year, but that's only because he couldn't get a decent job in this kinda economy.

Anyway, you did not answer my last question which really matters in this conversation.

From the post I can say that you seems to have no idea about Business Schools.

Any way, to answer your questions, IMO a undergrad student that gets into IIT programs should face no problem in getting into a MIT undergrad programs.

Based on your posts I have to believe that british b-schools are different from american b-schools.

Seriously, your boast simply scared me, so I had to be sure you really meant it. It's OK you believe whoever gets into IIT can also get into MIT without a problem. I am happy that I just confirm that such people do exist.

From the post I can say that you seems to have no idea about Business Schools.

Any way, to answer your questions, IMO a undergrad student that gets into IIT programs should face no problem in getting into a MIT undergrad programs.

Based on your posts I have to believe that british b-schools are different from american b-schools.

Seriously, your boast simply scared me, so I had to be sure you really meant it. It's OK you believe whoever gets into IIT can also get into MIT without a problem. I am happy that I just confirm that such people do exist.

No, I don't believe that British B-schools are better than US B-schools. However, there are some personal reasons why I choose British B-school over US B-school.

As on my 'boast', you don't have to be scared. The opinion is mine, and I could be wrong.

You would choose IIT over MIT? Seriously?

IIT nowhere comes close in facilities, infra etc. Just try look up the labs in any IIT and MIT. Look at work done by faculty/grads/under-grads from MIT and compare it to IIT. You gotta be crazy to even compare..

You would choose IIT over MIT? Seriously?

IIT nowhere comes close in facilities, infra etc. Just try look up the labs in any IIT and MIT. Look at work done by faculty/grads/under-grads from MIT and compare it to IIT. You gotta be crazy to even compare..

Please read the post #82

Back
Top Bottom